Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Run away eyebrows

• 14-02-2010 4:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Lads, where do we stand on run away eyebrows. Im becoming alarmed at the number of eyebrow hairs that sprout to ridiculous lengths seemingly overnight. Do we just accept them as part of growing old, do we pull them out as they appear and hope they dont come back? Every week i seem to notice more and more of them. They are thicker, a much lighter colour and just seem to grow in random directions. Not even 30 yet so the idea of having what i always regarded as old man eyebrows is tormenting me.

Any advice, should i just accept it and move on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭source

Rob113 wrote: »
    Lads, where do we stand on run away eyebrows. Im becoming alarmed at the number of eyebrow hairs that sprout to ridiculous lengths seemingly overnight. Do we just accept them as part of growing old, do we pull them out as they appear and hope they dont come back? Every week i seem to notice more and more of them. They are thicker, a much lighter colour and just seem to grow in random directions. Not even 30 yet so the idea of having what i always regarded as old man eyebrows is tormenting me.

Any advice, should i just accept it and move on?

Nothing you can do about it mate you just have to accept it as part of growing older, or keep plucking them out. I have one that constantly comes back no matter how many times i get rid of it, it's very long and white as snow. Very annoying but it just keeps coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

What do you do with your head hair (assuming you're not bald :D)?

When I'm getting a haircut the girl offers to trim the eyebrows. At first I was a little taken aback, but now it seems perfectly normal. Stops me looking like Dennis Healey.

denis-healey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just keep plucking OP. No other way really of counteracting it. Just a sign that you're getting old and don't have those youthful looks anymore. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

... why dont we ask the girls about this, like they always seem to have something to say about fluff and the like. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

... why dont we ask the girls about this, like they always seem to have something to say about fluff and the like. :rolleyes:
    Because men don't know how to look after their own apparence? :rolleyes:

You can pluck 'em or you can trim them. For women plucking is the prefered method (be that tweezing or threading) simply because they want to shape them into arches. For men it's generally a lot easier. We look better with a straight cut across.

So, get a good quality hairdressers sissors and a comb. Comb your eyebrow straight up and clip it to the desired length.

You only have to do it every few months, less frequently then trimming your ear and nose hair.

Oh the joys of growing older more stately

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

OldGoat wrote: »

You can pluck 'em or you can trim them. For women plucking is the prefered method (be that tweezing or threading) simply because they want to shape them into arches. For men it's generally a lot easier. We look better with a straight cut across.

So, get a good quality hairdressers sissors and a comb. Comb your eyebrow straight up and clip it to the desired length.

You only have to do it every few months, less frequently then trimming your ear and nose hair.

Now thats what I call advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

OldGoat wrote: »

Excellent advice.

But may I also suggest the gentleman experiment with some hair gel sparingly dabbed on an old toothbrush used to brush the brow hairs into place? It'll stop them heading off in different directions.

Clear mascara will do an excellent job too.

Just try not to plaster them down with it, or you'll look like you've painted your brows on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

No, you don't want to end up looking like Groucho Marx!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Pain in the hole alright, just noticed it recently, big wiry bastards, even found a silver one!!! i'm not grey anywhere else!!!! same with my ears now too, getting hairy inside and out. Funnily enough a few lads mentioned the same at work this week too, just getting old:)

Advertisement