Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Institute

Options
  • 14-02-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,
    I was wondering does anybody know anything about the Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing & Advertising (PG Dip. Dig. Mkt. & Adv.) with PR and E-Commerce modules and Arranged Work Experience currently being offered through the Fitzwilliam Institute?

Specifically I am only interested in information relating to this particular course, please. I have concerns regarding where the course lectures/teaching & exams are held as I have read a thread on Boards from 2009 that was not very complimentary at all.
    I am also interested in hearing from people in relation to the 12 weeks work experience that is promised, and most importantly the Institute's claim that up to 97% of the work experience placements are converted into 'real jobs' (as opposed to fake ones...) on completion of the course.

I very much want to work in the area of Online Marketing but am beginning to think that maybe this course is far too good to be true.

In advance, thank you for your comments & feedback,
    Rgds :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GillieBean

I posted this over the weekend, but am still curious as to any feedback people have out there regarding this course - or perhaps any courses you might know of - organised and operated by the Fitzwilliam Institute.

Again thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Have a look here: http://www.nfq.ie/nfq/en/

Check out where they measure on the scale, are the qualifications recognised for example? Ask them; if not, why not? Would the course meet your needs otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Anthony I heard great reports about your courses, but am torn between you and fitzwilliam inst tbh.

Is the diploma accreddited with the AAI Anthony?

Just 12 classes seems like an awful crammed diploma. Am really undecided.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Anthony, I'd draw to your attention the new rules on this forum.
    Cheers,
    Red Alert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Anthony perhaps you might cite the accreditation you do have rather than dismissing other institutions. Do expand on meaningless accreditation though; it's a subject that interests me greatly. The idea of 'personal accreditation' is also fascinating.

You might try to avoid statements about 'accreditation allocated to a company, not a course' though as this is not correct.

Maybe you should have a look at www.nqai.ie or www.fetac.ie too.

• Advertisement

The new rules state that if you're representing your college posting here that you PM me first for permission to do so.

I have also had to edit your post to avoid it breaking the rules of the charter in relation to possible defamatory material.

If there is a repeat of either of these rule breaches you will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Michealloch

GillieBean, this may be too late to be of use. I was trawling all the digital marketing courses taking other contributors advice on the accreditation etc. The best one around seems to be in DCU.
    http://www.dcu.ie/prospective/deginfo.php?classname=CDM&originating_school=50

It is quite high level though. You need to have an honours degree to get in, so that might put people off. Still, it is the only one that seems to be a proper university cert.

Please read the following thread, stickied at the top of the forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055914626

Stick to discussing your own institute, and resist the temptation to broadly bash other institutions.

Advertisement