Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting magnet broadband - anyone any experience?

• 14-02-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone any experience with magnet broadband? Slightly pricer than eircon/resellers but they advertise 24mb uncontended and price is adjusted according to the speed your line can handle. Sounds too good to be true...probably is :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

Sorry didn't spot this originally:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055026088

Not good reading!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

20goto10 wrote: »
    Sorry didn't spot this originally:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055026088

Not good reading!

If others are reading this i'm sure the majority of our customers would disagree. We have one of the better reps on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭jayflame

Hi guys,

Anyone any experience with magnet broadband? Slightly pricer than eircon/resellers but they advertise 24mb uncontended and price is adjusted according to the speed your line can handle. Sounds too good to be true...probably is :)

Hi,

I work for an one of the major ISP's in Ireland but get my service from Magnet FTTH.
    I cannot get any other provider due to my location, so I have to tolerate the service I currently receive - 24Mb/s, Fibre To The Home service which is "uncontended". The download allowances are "unlimited" though there is a "Fair Use Policy" which I have yet to be affected by.

If you can get the FTTH service in your area, as pricey as it may seem, it is by far, the best service in Ireland - quote!

IPTV service from Magnet is good though the Top Box menu is slow. Maybe that's just mine - replacement is required (Rory, can you help with this? PM me and I'll give you my details)

As for Magnet's DSL service, I cannot comment.

Any DSL service will be over the Eircom telephone network, so be aware.

Only Magnet's FTTH, NTL's cable network or Imagine's WiMax network is able to avoid Eircom's network.

Good luck in your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭20goto10

If others are reading this i'm sure the majority of our customers would disagree. We have one of the better reps on boards.
    Hi Rory,

I guess people will only post complaints and are less likely to post if everything is working fine. Its the customer service, or lack of, that has me worried. If you can give me a guarantee that I will be setup without any major hitches then I would be interested in your service. I mailed your sales team 3 days ago with some questions but have not heard back (after 3 days). Again, not a good sign.

If you can give me a money back guarantee for say a 2 month period then I would be happy to talk to you. Please PM me if this is an option.

Hi Rory,

I guess people will only post complaints and are less likely to post if everything is working fine. Its the customer service, or lack of, that has me worried. If you can give me a guarantee that I will be setup without any major hitches then I would be interested in your service. I mailed your sales team 3 days ago with some questions but have not heard back (after 3 days). Again, not a good sign.

If you can give me a money back guarantee for say a 2 month period then I would be happy to talk to you. Please PM me if this is an option.

No ISP can guarantee a problemless service (barring a few unethical sales reps). Can you PM me your details and I will talk you through what options are available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

We have had issues with our Magnet connection for two months now, my housemate has been told 3/4 times he would get a call back..nothing.

helios12 wrote: »
    We have had issues with our Magnet connection for two months now, my housemate has been told 3/4 times he would get a call back..nothing.

Can you PM me your details and I'll look into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Considering megathread about UPC i have to say fair play to Magnet for having someone come on board and comment or help.

Considering megathread about UPC i have to say fair play to Magnet for having someone come on board and comment or help.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, little boosts really make a big difference.

Advertisement