Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express Post

Options
  • 14-02-2010 12:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hello

Ive an important letter to send to cork from belfast but it has to be there by tuesday. Whats the best way I can send it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

This is from the An Post website, they seem the ones that are best suited to you.

Urgent! If your item is especially urgent, Courier Post is the service for you. Courier Post provides you with a next-day delivery before 12.00noon (in urban areas within the Republic of Ireland) and day-certain worldwide delivery.

Next-day Delivery. If next-day delivery (but not time-certain) for your item is required, you should choose Express Post. Express Post offers you a guaranteed next working day delivery within the Republic of Ireland with optional signature & insurance are available for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If it is coming from Belfast it is going to be posted in the UK system. In my limited experience the 'express' post is no faster than the normal post, in fact An Post mis-delivered one 'express' letter, it would have been quicker to send it by normal post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i would put a first class stamp on it and pop it in the morning post.

make sure the address is clearly written and correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Postage classes don't exist in Ireland, its very much a British thing. Pffft!

MC

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

aye but First Class should mean that it gets to the outbound delivery container sooner rather than later (though I strongly believe that Royal Mail wait until they've a 40ft container full before moving..).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

parsi wrote: »
    aye but First Class should mean that it gets to the outbound delivery container sooner rather than later (though I strongly believe that Royal Mail wait until they've a 40ft container full before moving..).
    does post from belfast to the republic not go on the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's a special truck from Dublin to Belfast every day (and vice versa)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It depends on how important the letter is. You *could* use a courier company. FedEx, UPS etc an insist on next day delivery.

Advertisement