Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT message about backpackertravelinsurance

• 14-02-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just went to check USIT's travel insurance page and this message popped up:

Dear Customer,

Please note, it is truly not our style to have to do this but please beware of a company called backpackertravelinsurance.ie who is advertising insurance comparing incorrect USIT prices and policies. The people behind this company, are in fact, former suppliers of USIT, disgruntled upon losing our business and are not comparing on a fair and equitable basis.
    We are currently pursuing legal avenues to address this blatant distortion and to ensure our good name and excellent products are not portrayed in this damaging manner.

From all at USIT

Should I now be worried about booking insurance with backpackertravelinsurance - i.e. would it have a negative impact on any visa application I have running with USIT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elliegab

hiya, i've booked my policy with backpackertravel insurance and it has been approved by usit. i just have to call the call centre to pay the 50 euro admin fee. i wouldn't worry about it - they're not telling you not to book with them, they're just claiming that the backpacker crowd are not comparing like with like when saying they are cheaper than usit. i personally don't think that's true either, but that seems to be what usit are trying to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

Phew thanks! I was a bit worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

Elliegab wrote: »
    hiya, i've booked my policy with backpackertravel insurance and it has been approved by usit. i just have to call the call centre to pay the 50 euro admin fee. i wouldn't worry about it - they're not telling you not to book with them, they're just claiming that the backpacker crowd are not comparing like with like when saying they are cheaper than usit. i personally don't think that's true either, but that seems to be what usit are trying to say!

just to let you know, apparently you dont have to pay the admin fee! i was told the same thing, but its a service usit provide, not a requirment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

amber23 wrote: »
    just to let you know, apparently you dont have to pay the admin fee! i was told the same thing, but its a service usit provide, not a requirment

So do you need to let USIT know when you arriving in Canada at really? If not, how do you get your visa?

Advertisement