Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung LED TV Reception problem

• 14-02-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Don't know if this should be in the Cable forum, or here-

I recently purchased a Samsung LED TV, the image on some stations is very 'fuzzy', in particular UTV/ITV and Discovery, all the rest are fine and watchable. I'm only on an analogue connection (I get Digital next week with NTL), but will Digital improve these channels? You couldn't watch ITV for long, otherwise you be in an ENT hospital requiring an operation.

I've read that as the TV is HD, its trying to show an non-HD broadcast through HD, thus the image compromise, but with only a few channels HD on NTL, I could be waiting years for the conversion to HD

Anyone else have this problem and any ways around (I've tried fine tuning, but it doesn't make much difference)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Stingray wrote: »
    I've read that as the TV is HD, its trying to show an non-HD broadcast through HD, thus the image compromise, but with only a few channels HD on NTL, I could be waiting years for the conversion to HD

Not the problem. This refers to a set upscaling SD to a larger size.

What model set do you have? Is it possible it only has a UHF tuner in it, when you actually need a VHF to tune in all NTL channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Dont worry about it now, just wait until you get the digital installed. Watching analog on a large LCD/LED will produce mixed results. Its not what they are really designed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Its a Samsung 32' 6000 series LED. On setup I selected Cable/Analogue. With regards to the tuner, I've no idea, I just presumed it had what I needed

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nah, the tuner is alright. Possibly just a case that some channels aren't as high a signal level as some others.

It should be much improved when you get digital installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Yes digital installed and it has brought the station back to watchable

• Advertisement
Advertisement