Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants Douglas

Options
  • 14-02-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Am visiting Cork next weekend with my husband - staying in Maryborough House so am wondering if there are any nice restaurants nearby there that would save us going into the city for something to eat on Satuday night?
    The hotel restaurant looks a bit formal for us, and a a bit too 'foodie' with things like pigeon, ostrich etc. Guessing its probably expensive too.

We're just looking for something relatively casual, nothing too formal or expensive, but just some nice food. Can be 'normal' food, Italian, Steakhouse, anything along those lines.....

All suggestions gratefully received! Also, would you think we'd need to book any places you recommend before we go?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

can't go wrong with KC's, eat out in the car or go to the park!! The food in Eco's is very good but it's very tight inside, and gets busy. The Bayleaf is new, haven't been so can't comment. Bully's across the road is good for greasy hangover food. East village is pretty good and not too expensive. You've loads of options.

Edit: there was a thread on this recently http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055775958&highlight=restaurant+douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shib

The Bayleaf is lovely, and fairly good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

East Village is one of my favourites, bar with restaurant upstairs. Nice & informal. You can get the full menu in the bar. I recommend the Fillet Rock with Spanish fries.
    There are 3 Indian Restaurants in Douglas too, Lal Quila, Haveli & Radhuni. I think all of them are fine but not the cheapest meal out really.
    I really like food Nakon Thai too, it's a Thai restaurant if you haven't guessed, it is just a short step from East Village. Not the most exciting decor though.
    The is also Amicus which is fine too but never my first choice & then Bullys which seems to be everyone's last choice when everywhere else is full. But it is not too bad to be fair.

http://www.edv.ie/amicus.html

http://www.eastvillage.ie/welcome.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks all..... so far am liking the look of the menus for Eco and East Village - would we need to book those or could we wait and see when we get there? Guessing Eco might be busier?
    Had a look on Eco website and when you're booking you can pick tables so if we went for there might b able to pick a table that wouldn't be too cramped!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

search this forum, the exact same topic was discussed only a few weeks ago, some say Eco is great and others say it's no great shakes (me included). Either way Douglas for such a small place has a great choice in eateries and watering holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Would try the East Village, get a set by the window. It's casual and not that expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I'd prefer Ecos myself :) Though if you're planning on going there I'd recommend you book as early as you can as the place is always busy.

Advertisement