Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting Airsoft

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Lemming wrote: »
    I would just like to add a caveat to the concept of targetting gaming shops. The leaflets need to be considered for their message and I would avoid certain types of gaming shop for one simple reason. Parents.

For example; I would avoid Games Workshop due to the extremely large number of young teens and their parents. Whilst the teens would be fine with it (they're gamers after all ...) but you are tempting fate with the numbers of parents present.

Game and the like; I'd consider too close to the "public interest" too. Lots of feet go through those doors on a given day and a lot of it is people who are either bored parents following kids or those who have been sent in to get something for someone else.

Gaming conventions are better though given the age demographic is generally older teens and upwards.

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter.

Oh yea, definitely, when I say gamers, I mean more along the lines of promoting at LAN's/game nights and such

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mgsguru

just a suggestion for site owners planning to promote airsoft.

now i dont really know how well the general public will react but you could try a charity fundraiser day. you could say charge 10 euro for the full days skirmishing and all proceeds go to the charity you decide on. surely if people see that airsoft is doing a good thing like that it might warm them to the sport just a little more. and it takes down some of the advertising barriers too by putting "Charity Get Out And Skirmish Day" in a reasonably large print on your fliers. name the charuty, give a brief background to the sport, clearly state all prices, phone number & email addresses and putting directions to your site cant hurt.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Charity games have been done before and do regularly pop up, alot of the events which the IAA has done in the past were in aid of Temple street children's hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mgsguru

didnt know that... sorry. :)

Advertisement