Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Tipp Town.

Options
  • 14-02-2010 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend a good pub for a night out in Tipp town? Are there any nightclubs in Tipp town anymore? What are they like?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Tipperary town is a horrendous spot to go for a night out.

As nightclubs go, you have two choices... well to be honest you dont have a choice, its "The Royal" on a Friday night which has an average age of about 15 and is just a glorified teenage disco OR you have Kielys on a Saturday night which is basiclly like cramming 600 people in your sitting room but having to pay 12 euro for the pleasure.

Few nice pubs around the town though, notibly...

Cornys: For the best pint in town.
    Lowrys: Best pub for sports by far.
    Kickham: Nice friendly atmosphere, decent pints, trad music on a tuesday night.

If its a night out your after just forget about Friday night, its dead, Saturday is the way to go and the crowd will be in Nellies and will move onto Kielys nightclub afterwards, every ****ing weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Just buy a six pack and stay in.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

Southsider1, somehow I don't think there's gonna be any suggestions in Tipp Town that you'll like. What age bracket are you trying to find? If you're 18 years old then you might be in luck in The Maid (can't believe I'm recommending it) or the Nightowl. You could attempt Nelly O'Briens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Late 30s. Yeah. I kind of thought there wasn't going to be much in my line. Was there last summer and was in Lowry's pub. Probably one of the best pubs in Ireland? VERY clean and very busy but no aggro.

Kielys was good. I enjoyed it. Nice place and was talking to the owner about rugby and he seemed like a nice chap.

Not really had much experience of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tommytoofar

Like A Fox wrote: »
    Southsider1, somehow I don't think there's gonna be any suggestions in Tipp Town that you'll like. What age bracket are you trying to find? If you're 18 years old then you might be in luck in The Maid (can't believe I'm recommending it) or the Nightowl. You could attempt Nelly O'Briens?

The Maid of Eireann eh? Duly noted and a short stagger to me uncles couch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

cashel!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

digzy wrote: »
    cashel!
    I hope you feel stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

no. just safer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

digzy wrote: »
    no. just safer

Facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

The royal has closed down. Just kielys on a saturday night now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

Why has the Royal closed down? Who owns it these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

It was doing very bad business unfortunately. Town seems to be very dead for a while now. Its supposedly going to open about once a month with bands or djs. I also heard they are getting the place fixed up too which is long overdue. Probably just rumour though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

So who owns it now?

Advertisement