Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rome Marathon 2010

• 14-02-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

Was wondering/hoping there is some other soul among you doing the Rome Marathon 21st of March. Its my first wedding anniversary so decided to be cheeky and bring the missus away for a few days and get the marathon in also! Heading out for my 2nd 20 miler today! Only 5/6 weeks left of training so all is going well except the fact that i was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis recently!! anyway...would be quite interested to hear from any of you guys who are planning on doing it this year or who have done it in recent years..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

I'll see you there champ!
    Im using it as a group session for conn ultra apr11.
    haven't got near a 20mile yet though.
    Where did I leave those runners!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cuoriagitati

Fair play! Following Hal Higdons programme, have done 2x 20milers and have one more to go next week before i taper (thank god!) You know anything about pacers? Are they worth tagging along with or is it best to keep going solo? I have been doing all my runs so far on my own (lonely but relaxing!!) This is my 2nd marathon, hoping to do it in 3:30 or thereabouts, did my last 20 miler at 8min pace and was very comfortable so hopefully that will pan out on the day for me! That Connemarathon looks tough with a lot of hills, i'll hopefully get there one day..

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Sounds like you'll smash that 330 mark!
    Have only used a pacer once before and found it great.
    You tend to huddle in a group and swap stories and ifno etc.
    Great for passing the time until everyone knuckles down for the last 5.

As for Connemara, its lovely and scenic.
    Nowhere near as tough as people make it out to be though.
    The distance is very manageable. Its more of a baby ultra when compared
    to 50/100 milers.
    Don't get me wrong, it still hurts! But thats why we do it.:)
    Best of luck for the 21st. Let me know if you set that pb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cuoriagitati

Did my last "big run" yesterday now it time for the taper, thank God! Strictly speaking i was meant to do another 20 miler but i thought i would see how i felt at the 20 mile mark and knock out another 2miles if possible which i did so glad to say i have did the 22 miles in under 3 hours which keeps me on target. I feel better for doing it knowin that i have those miles in the bank and i was delighted to finish so comfortable. 3 weeks until Rome, took a well earned rest today. Think i will try the pacer, see how it goes and hope for the best also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Did my last "big run" yesterday now it time for the taper, thank God! Strictly speaking i was meant to do another 20 miler but i thought i would see how i felt at the 20 mile mark and knock out another 2miles if possible which i did so glad to say i have did the 22 miles in under 3 hours which keeps me on target. I feel better for doing it knowin that i have those miles in the bank and i was delighted to finish so comfortable. 3 weeks until Rome, took a well earned rest today. Think i will try the pacer, see how it goes and hope for the best also!

Base on your last two runs
    20 @ 8 mi mile pace
    22 @ 8.10 pace

you wont have a problems breaking the 3.
    For future reference try and run hte long ones at least 30 seconds slower than planned marathon pace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement