Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is there nct expiry date on motorcycles?

• 14-02-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

I dont know anything about bikes, but are looking around as Im thinking about getting the licence and then a bike one day.

silly question, but I cant find the information. is there nct expiry date on motorcycles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

The NCT........National car test.....no a bike does not need a NCT:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

The NCT........National car test.....no a bike does not need a NCT:D:D

I know what NCT stands for, just wondering is there a similar thing for bikes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

moved to motorbikes forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

No nct for bikes - yet

Try1ng wrote: »
    No nct for bikes - yet

thanks. but is the registration number associated with bikes history like it is with cars so I could check its history somewhere(like motorcheck.ie... etc)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Moses7 wrote: »
    thanks. but is the registration number associated with bikes history like it is with cars so I could check its history somewhere(like motorcheck.ie... etc)?

You can. All you will see is the make and model and number of owners though. And bikes can go through a number of owners.

You can. All you will see is the make and model and number of owners though. And bikes can go through a number of owners.

so the registration number does not change and it gives me an accurate number of past owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

so the registration number does not change and it gives me an accurate number of past owners?

That's correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yep. I wouldn't rate a bike on the number of owners though. For a lot of people that buy them they are toys and are changed regularly. And you have a clear progression for most riders of moving up through the power ranks. So its not uncommon for a good bike to change owners once a year.

Its also not uncommon to buy bikes that are ten to twenty years old. They don't have the same limited lifespan as cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

all my bikes are over 18 years old and are all better than new

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Tigger wrote: »
    all my bikes are over 18 years old and are all better than new
    cool, they are old enough to drink and vote now.

Advertisement