Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W/CHAIR PASSENGER ADAPTED CAR HIRE IN FRANCE

• 14-02-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hi All
    I was hoping that someone out there has already come across this little obstacle and can save me another few hours of fruitless searching on the internet!

K2 and family are heading to the south of France for holidays this year and we are looking at the option of flying to Toulouse rather than driving from Ireland. But I cannot find any car hire firms that mention anything on their websites about vehicle hire for wheelchair passangers.

Has anyone come across any companies that offer such vehicles in France?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think talk to the car hire firms here and ask them what their sister firms provide.

Is it a matter of the passenger spending their time in the wheelchair while in the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

yep, he will have to do all the travelling in the chair so it will need to be a real adaption and not just a "big" childs car seat. ie ramp/lift and tie down points. But it looks like my father in law is planning on coming aswell so the plane is probably out now, as he hates to fly (funny how my dislike of flying was completely ignored by my other half;) )

Advertisement