Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great tool for woodworkers

Options
  • 14-02-2010 5:41pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

great tool to have in the garage - €20 in aldi this thursday
    I have one and it's great - costs a lot more for the dremel plus the flex drive

here

k

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

here

k

Brilliant value tool alright.

My son is in a final year of a model making and media degree in Dublin. he has two of them, and they have been given some abuse over the past couple of years, and still going strong. There isn,t anything that they have not tackled in the duration of the course. Highly recommend it.

kadman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wonder are the bits interchangeable with the dremel stuff? esp the extension cord

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wibbs wrote: »
    Wonder are the bits interchangeable with the dremel stuff? esp the extension cord

I'd imagine they are Wibbs, there are a couple of different size collets in with the accesorrie kit I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

here

k
    cheers for that ...will have me one of those....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Great tool, all the bits work in the dremel and vis versa.Pretty sure the extension won't though. I've one for my dremel(cost shed loads more than this whole kit,even on sale:mad:) I use the extension a good bit,alot lighter to hold..

for 20€ everyone should have one:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well I took the good counsel around here and went and bought one. I can confirm all the accessories fit, including the extension cord too.:eek: As aerosol said the dremel one costs significantly more(even on ebay). I was nearly going to buy one but thanks to my lurking here I saved a few quid and got a spare multitool :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

good stuff.
    the ext cord is especially good - for fine work where a steady hand is needed.

always nice to have a large variety of tools - just in case :D

k

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't have one of the Aldi ones, but do have an equivalent one from Axminster. It's great, but some of the little accessory widgets that i bought to go with it are of a poor quality, and I've had to replace one or two of them them with better quality Dremel ones over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Thats a real bonus about the extension wibbs,will have to get a spare one!:D

Advertisement