Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted hit+run on Dame st last night @3:50

Options
  • 14-02-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

This incident shocked the bejeebus out of me, Just wondering could anyone shed some light on this for me:Last night i basically witnessed the aftermath of what looked like an attempted hit+run.

at about ten to four I was walking down Dame street with two of my mates, we were heading for the 4 o'clock nitelink from college green. Just outside the 'snap printing' place on dame street, directly opposite the central bank, i saw a man lying unconscious on the kerb blood was pouring from his head and a few of his mates were around him:eek::

one was standing directly in front of a white ford transit bus, shouting 'scene of a crime! scene of a crime'. he was trying to stop the driver from leaving, whereas the driver was shouting at him to get out of the way. there was a load of people in the back of the bus, shouting and panicking as well, then suddenly they all bailed out of the bus and legged it down the street at top speed, some of them flagged down taxis.:confused::confused: The busdriver was still attempting to drive away, but to no avail. i deduced that they were non nationals, judging from their accents-perhaps they were illegal immigrants, owing to their frantic behaviour. There was nothing i could do, no help i could offer, seeing as the police had already called, and by tetime I figured out what was happening, almost everyone on the bus had fled. I hope the bloke who was hit by the van managed to pull through and survive, hope he's ok, it wasn't pretty though :(:(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring Pearse Street and tell them what you saw - did you get the number of the van? Did it leave the scene of the accident?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement