Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI INPUT 5.1

• 14-02-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a surround sound system that has HDMI inputs so I can use it with PS3 and XBOX 360.
    The only info I can really find on these systems are years old and just keep pointing me to sold out items and dead links.
    My budget would be about €200 - 250.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

You have to understand that your budget is SERIOUSLY restricting you in what you can buy.

Here is the cheapest I can find.

Speakers from Richersounds

AV Receiver From Richersounds

Richersounds have their own forum on Boards so id recommned you go over there and ask their advice. HERE is the link to their forum.

Again i dont know exactly how much stuff you are connecting but i would very much recommend an Amp and Speaker package! All In One Systems dont really have multi HDMI inputs unless your spending alot more than 250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Hogzy is right try and avoid those complete systems and go for a avr and speaker system.Lager amount of inputs and provide you with a better sound. Unfortunately your budget does restrict you some what, but do try the guys at richersounds and see what kind of system they can provide for your budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

By virtue of the fact that you need HDMI in, your receiver has to be able to decode uncompressed 5.1 PCM.
    I really don't think the price will drop below €500 for such a system that gves a reasonable output. And that does not include speakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

carrolls wrote: »
    By virtue of the fact that you need HDMI in, your receiver has to be able to decode uncompressed 5.1 PCM.
    I really don't think the price will drop below €500 for such a system that gves a reasonable output. And that does not include speakers.

Yamaha 765 will.

(but then you will need speakers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭axton1

Popo! wrote: »
    Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a surround sound system that has HDMI inputs so I can use it with PS3 and XBOX 360.
    The only info I can really find on these systems are years old and just keep pointing me to sold out items and dead links.
    My budget would be about €200 - 250.

Thanks for the help!

Hodgy and carrols are correct you are asking a lot at this budget the only unit that comes to mind with hdmi inputs etc is a 2.1 unit by Audio Pro called DVD-1 check it out on audiopro.com I think its about €1100.00 but could be wrong . try an audio proo stockist you might get an ex demo unit?

rgds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hi probably too late but this system while not having a HDMI input (it has an output though) it does have a optical cable (TOS link?) input which I find works great with my PS3 and Sky+ box.

I picked up one of these systems in PC world Airside in Swords for €180 and I couldn't fault it, first time I played Modern warfare thru it me and my neighbours went WOW ok maybe my neighbours didn't.

I bought a €6.99 optical cable in powercity so don't go wasting your money on the expensive ones.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-ht-z320r-xeu-5-1ch-home-cinema-system-black-02539444-pdt.html

Advertisement