Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TBC Podcast http://www.thebostoncrab.net/ - WrestleZone Quiery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

BXB Hulks theme is the best ever. EVER. Generally as long as it is accompanied by his dance, which he has sadly stopped doing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

And here I was worrying if people would like Masato Yoshinos theme.

It was a toss between that or BxB Hulks.

You have to use Misawa's theme sometime. Just for me.

BEST WRESTLING THEME EVAAAR. Such a f*cking epic way to open a Podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

flahavaj wrote: »
    You have to use Misawa's theme sometime. Just for me.

BEST WRESTLING THEME EVAAAR. Such a f*cking epic way to open a Podcast.

We'll have to save it for an epic podcast. God I love that theme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is there a way to hear this as an MP3? I don't have iTunes and can't seem to play it on The Boston Crab either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Is there a way to hear this without any mention of Wrestlezone Ireland? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Guys can we please get over the Wrestlezone stuff? He came across as nice on the pod.

Is there a way to hear this as an MP3? I don't have iTunes and can't seem to play it on The Boston Crab either.
    It should work perfect, the link will bring up a pop-up asking if you want to save the file or just open it.

Ridley wrote: »
    Is there a way to hear this without any mention of Wrestlezone Ireland? :p
    I'll post up one were everything time it's mentioned it's The Iron Sheik qoutes ;)

It's the first time I've mentioned it. ;) That guy and Billy Gunn's mistress (although that Beautiful People picture is just that) are scoops that put me off listening to the podcast.

Great listen lads fair play. Gabe was a most gracious guest and a gent as always. Always a treat to get an insight in to the mind of a booking genius.

Guys can we please get over the Wrestlezone stuff? He came across as nice on the pod.

He won me over totally in fairness to the lad. Its obvious his coming across badly on here was as much to his lack of experience of internet forum etiquette/banter as anyting else - he seems bang on in real life.

It's the first time I've mentioned it. ;) That guy and Billy Gunn's mistress (although that Beautiful People picture is just that) are scoops that put me off listening to the podcast.
    Well if you're going to be that negative towards us tell us how we can improve.

Sorry we don't seem to tickle your fancy but tell us how you think we can improve to your liking. If not well there are plenty more podcasts for you to enjoy.

You're drunk, get angry Diabhal bai. Pretend you're outside Supermacs and make a dive for him whilecovered in curry sauce.

Honestly he deserves the right of reply. He finds our podcast unlistenable. I do value Boardsies' opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Can I make a suggestion to the podcast?
    It doesn't need any tweaking really, but the last few times I've listened it seems that the views your having on particular subjects are being repeated on the podcast, no problem with that, but maybe just keep that in mind.
    In saying that I know last weeks was dominated by wrestlezone interview and haven't gotten a listen yet to this weeks.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion to the podcast?
    It doesn't need any tweaking really, but the last few times I've listened it seems that the views your having on particular subjects are being repeated on the podcast, no problem with that, but maybe just keep that in mind.
    In saying that I know last weeks was dominated by wrestlezone interview and haven't gotten a listen yet to this weeks.
    Fair point. The Jiz comments aren't necessarily new. You can only say so much about a repeating product though where Cena and Orton are the top 2.

I think you can do better than interviewing two people whose main interaction with this forum was plugging themselves is all.

And since my PC is guaranteed to crash at some random point in the future whenever sound is played, I'm not going to bother for that calibre of guest. :p

I think you can do better than interviewing two people whose main interaction with this forum was plugging themselves is all.

And since my PC is guaranteed to crash at some random point in the future whenever sound is played, I'm not going to bother for that calibre of guest. :p
    That's a very fair point. Both guests were looked down upon but after we had them on people started to like them. I do respect your views though as be inclined to agree with you about PinkDiva.

Thanks for the feedback guy legit. It means we can improve the show.

I always ask for feedback, good and bad. It's the only way we learn.

On repearing views, it's just the unfortunate part of covering something features the same people week after week. I try avoiding but somtimes it can't be avoided unfortunatly.

On PinkDiva, she was a fun member of the forum that gave us a chance to know about an aspect of wrestling I knew nothing about; being a ring-rat. Was fun, that's all.

On Alan from Wrestlezone, I'll defend him to the grave. Yes he came across really bad on the forum, and if you listen to his interview he admits it himself (he isn't the most internet-savy guy from what I gather so isn't aware of how to conduct yourself on a forum.) but, he is doing a brilliant thing for Irish wrestling fans with the show, and I'll always promote something that helps Irish wrestling fans. Hell in this weeks one we have news to do the event that not only gives Irish fans something fun but helps actual Irish wrestling get exposure.

The PW Podcast: Where People Flock for Redemption.

Maybe ye should do an interview with ShawnRaven or rovert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Wow.

Just wow.

Must say I'm delighted with some of the emails we are getting with the Gabe interview. Alot of people enjoyed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thanks again to Gabe i enjoyed his interview immensely..

Thanks for the feedback, both good and bad, at the end of the day its hard for us to not talk about the same things week in, week out. Since the majority of WWE events in the last 3 months or so have revolved around the same topics, Nexus/Sheamus/Cena/Orton/Miz. Even look at the board atm, its hardly full of newsworthy topics at all these days. So obviously the adding of Q+A's with the both controversal Pinky and Alan gave us the opportunity to poke at them and in turn they earned the respect of the majority of listeners(memo to Brian Cowen:pac:) So hopefully the podcast can continue to evolve and get better on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

THIS.

Please.

I still don't know the reason for them leaving. That'd be my question.

I have a feeling my point has been misdirected, but completely my fault for typing too quickly and not reading what I wrote.

It's not that topics are repeated, but views of some of the 'casters are repeated that they've already given on some of the threads.

For a quick and random example.
    Let's say Miz cashes in the mitb, wins and is champ.

I can imagine a certain person wouldn't be too happy about such, and understandably that's his right to, but quite often the same points for why they think it will be repeated after the view was posted on said thread.

Well to respond to the example, i've gone into detail on the podcast my disliking for Miz( and i've even said i think hes a good heel, and that my dislike for him proves that) but tbh its hard for opinions on certain things on here and the podcast to not cross over, infact its damn near impossible for the 2 to not be related.. I (and i dont know about the other guys) have purposely tried to not write my feelings on shows and ppv's on the board as so im not repeating myself on the podcast.

Don't get me wrong walt, it's by far one of the only things wrong with the podcast and it only happens every now and again.
    Not like every week or whatever. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One is banned. The other chose to not post her anymore. But that is old news.

Gabe just posted the interview on his Facebook :)

Remember your joke heel turn a few weeks ago?
    Think of that but turn it up to 11.

Links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Must say well done on the interview. Really quite good. To be honest I think it's better when one person is doing the interview rather than several asking questions. The interview flowed along nicely. Kudos.

I'll know this evening, but the next guest is 90% ready to be announced, and it's another one I'm really excited.

I'll drop a hint just incase he can't do the show, but his name has popped up on the Podcast befoe, is an indie darling and is involved with the most unique company in American wrestling. I'm a huge fan :)

I'm gonna take a pop at Quack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Listening to the latest podcast now. I mean this as purely constructional criticism, but you guys just ramble/have a chat; which is really unstructured, i find it hard to listen to. Fair enough if that's the format you want to do.

To avoid re-threading the same ground as often i'd recommend running down the news each week, what you thought of it, run down the PPV (if applicable), then what you thought of it, same for RAW etc and then anything else that you need to chat about. Maybe just choose 3 topics and stick to those; other topics can wait til next week; it'd make for a more cohesive podcast (probably half an hour).

I also find you guys vaguely reference things that happened on WWE programming but never go into much detail; running down the show beforehand would make more listeners understand and follow your conversation.

Some music interludes to separate the sections would do wonders for structuring the podcast.

Also if you are skyping you could record your conversations separately and combine 'em afterwards for better audio quality?

keep up the good work guys ;)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Listening to the latest podcast now. I mean this as purely constructional criticism, but you guys just ramble/have a chat; which is really unstructured, i find it hard to listen to. Fair enough if that's the format you want to do.

To avoid re-threading the same ground as often i'd recommend running down the news each week, what you thought of it, run down the PPV (if applicable), then what you thought of it, same for RAW etc and then anything else that you need to chat about. Maybe just choose 3 topics and stick to those; other topics can wait til next week; it'd make for a more cohesive podcast (probably half an hour).

I also find you guys vaguely reference things that happened on WWE programming but never go into much detail; running down the show beforehand would make more listeners understand and follow your conversation.

Some music interludes to separate the sections would do wonders for structuring the podcast.

Also if you are skyping you could record your conversations separately and combine 'em afterwards for better audio quality?

Cheers for the feedback man, some great points brought up.

Music interludes would be fantastic idea, I'd get behind that myself. Did something simular in this weeks podcast to break up the main section from the Gabe one.

We come up with topics before we record, but sometimes we do wander. I try to avoid it but it's something that when we are made more aware of we can try cut back on.

Never thought of the seperate recordings. It would be alot of work though for everyone, I know I have the time to do it myself but it mightn't work for every presenter. Brilliant idea though my good man!

chordtype wrote: »

Cheer for your input.

Musical interludes are a great idea. God thinking.

On the topic of having a structured podcast: By Wednesday (recording day) or Thursday (podcast released) I think everybody knows what happened on RAW or on PPV. I really don't feel like we need to do full recaps (the show would last hours) but we do need to make our opinions and remarks more punctuated to remind people of the different scenarios.

I do feel that going on tangents is the part of the podcast I enjoy the most. It's where most of the funny ****e comes from and adds a very light-hearted attitude towards an industry that is in an awful situation ATM.

On the issue of recording quality I think when you record two parts of the podcast at differing times the quality goes down. That shouldn't be too much of a problem but just bare with us that this only happens when we have a big guest on.

You've brought up some great points and we will try to improve the podcast to everybody's satisfaction.

I do feel that going on tangents is the part of the podcast I enjoy the most. It's where most of the funny ****e comes from and adds a very light-hearted attitude towards an industry that is in an awful situation ATM.

I agree with this. By Thursday I've already usually heard 3 reviews of Raw and to be honest the parts where you go off to random subjects are my favourite.

Maybe you guys could review iMPACT? No podcasts I listen to ever recap the show and it'd have a lot of talking points as they have a billion storyline developments and some awful segments which'd be hilarious to try to put logic to it (like the 'Deliverance'/branding 'wheeee!!' Abyss scene)

I sift in and out of watching RAW (don't catch the other shows) so i have a hard time knowing what you're talking about sometimes :o:)

chordtype wrote: »

The first name I thought off too. And if it is him as it appears to be, he'll be a brilliant guest. He's a fantastic talker with a unique mind for the business as well as being a fantastic in ring worker. I have many questions for him. Let there be plenty los Ice Creams banter and I also demand to know the current whereabouts of US Ape.

Maybe you guys could review iMPACT? No podcasts I listen to ever recap the show and it'd have a lot of talking points as they have a billion storyline developments and some awful segments which'd be hilarious to try to put logic to it (like the 'Deliverance'/branding 'wheeee!!' Abyss scene)

I sift in and out of watching RAW (don't catch the other shows) so i have a hard time knowing what you're talking about sometimes :o:)
    To me iMPACT is unwatchable. If the other guys watch it I'd have no problem including it in the podcast but don't expect us raving about Abyss.

I can offically say this now:

If anyone has questions for MIKE QUACKENBUSH please pm me them before Monday:D

I can offically say this now:

If anyone has questions for MIKE QUACKENBUSH please pm me them before Monday:D

ASSSSKKKKKKK HIM TO TEACH ME TO PRONOUNCE HIS NAME..:pac:

Mike Quack (Duck noise) enbush

To me iMPACT is unwatchable. If the other guys watch it I'd have no problem including it in the podcast but don't expect us raving about Abyss.

Exactly!! It'd make for a great review..... i ****ing hate Abyss so i'd love to hear someone tearing him and the idiot-parts of impact apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the feedback we're getting. If you want to play music interludes you run into copyright issues so that'd have to be looked at carefully.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the feedback we're getting. If you want to play music interludes you run into copyright issues so that'd have to be looked at carefully.

I sense your going to pitch to provide some of your own music for free? :P

Voltwad wrote: »

Between the ropes, Live Audio Wrestling, EpicBattleCry (videogame podcast) etc podcast all use copyrighted music (for less than 30 seconds) so I don't envisage any problems at all. Hell the LAW even use clips from the shows they're reviewing and they never run into issues

It's tricky with online shows, but since we aren't featuring an commericals we are ok.