Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TBC Podcast http://www.thebostoncrab.net/ - WrestleZone Quiery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Sounds good dude, i'll try to do some more recruting:cool::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Great stuff. You have Skype? If not I'll give you a buzz from my Skype to a housephone.

Yeah downloaded it there today, havent a blues clue how to use it though:pac: I'll have to pick up one of the headsets in the morning..

I got a mini-phone for 2 euro in euro2. No need for it to be expensive just good enough to do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm going to be away for a wedding this week but next weekend would be pretty cool; i'll pick up a sound card on Sat hopefully :)

have a good one guys :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I''ve a headset mic. Walter's convinced me to give my 2c for tomorrow if you still need someone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if you guys get this thing going in any kind of a regular fashion and have a set time id be happy to give contributing a shot once that time was one id be concious for over here. I use skype a good bit atm and it could be a bit of a laugh having a far east correspondant on the show occasionally (maybe id have to pretend i was more knowlegable on Pureso wrestling, like for a start how to spell it properly :pac:)

Cheers BH. We must try and set that up sometime.

Jaykhunter check yer PM's as we say in the biz. We hope to have him on next week.

Homepage
    Our homepage!!!!!!!! Itunes link included!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

good stuff man

Big Audacity problem. I tried to get the lame encoder but I can't find the lame dll file thing. Can't save the show I did with Voltwad unless I have it :( Any help?

Big Audacity problem. I tried to get the lame encoder but I can't find the lame dll file thing. Can't save the show I did with Voltwad unless I have it :( Any help?
    what kinda file type was it saved in?

I had the thing recorded. Tried to export the recording. It kept looking for a dll file but couldn't find it.

I still have the recording but I might have to send it to an Audacity user.

I still have the recording but I might have to send it to an Audacity user.
    yeah but what's the file type? Download Quick Media Converter for free and change it to an MP3

• Advertisement

Whatever a recording on Audacity is a guess. Downloading the Digital media thing now. Hope the show can be saved.

Good news. I converted it from WAV to MP3 but I'm missing 16 minutes. When I get the full episode up I'll post it.

Jesus that was tough enough lads:o:):p

I found a software that publishes podcasts straight away. Publishing the WS one now. Gonna have to try to get Voltwad's up soon.

• Advertisement

It's up on itunes. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's up on itunes. Enjoy!

Just listening to it there. Have to say to ye, fair play. It's a really good listen. Looking forward to hearing more.

BTW Walter, don't worry about plugging the BWE. Plug it as much as you want (i.e. ZigShow;) )

Just listening to it there. Have to say to ye, fair play. It's a really good listen. Looking forward to hearing more.

BTW Walter, don't worry about plugging the BWE. Plug it as much as you want (i.e. ZigShow;) )

Cant be whoring too much!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cant be whoring too much!:pac:

Of course, without reason;):pac:

It just finished there so I'll give some feedback

Firstly, on the whole, it was an excellent start for the podcast. Plenty of variety on it and both of ye have some awesome opinions. Yer definetly right about the PW forum being 1 of the best on boards. Nice to hear that Prince Devitt's and Sheamus's win's were brought up on it.

I'm not too sure if it was just me but there was a big sound difference between Diabhal's voice and your's Walter. BTW Walter, how many times did ya disconnect/lose the feed??;)

1 last thing, ye're both good at whoring stuff but ye're not as good as me

:D;):):cool::pac:

Of course, without reason;):pac:

It just finished there so I'll give some feedback

Firstly, on the whole, it was an excellent start for the podcast. Plenty of variety on it and both of ye have some awesome opinions. Yer definetly right about the PW forum being 1 of the best on boards. Nice to hear that Prince Devitt's and Sheamus's win's were brought up on it.

I'm not too sure if it was just me but there was a big sound difference between Diabhal's voice and your's Walter. BTW Walter, how many times did ya disconnect/lose the feed??;)

1 last thing, ye're both good at whoring stuff but ye're not as good as me

:D;):):cool::pac:

Thanks man, twas a good aul laugh now i must say:cool::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Just gave this a listen and I must say well done. Good stuff. I'd certainly listen again.

Needs more puns though.

Cheers guys. The thing about the sound is that I used a straight to itunes software (can't use bumper music either). I'll try to turn up the volume more for the guest if I can.

Puns must be increased I agree.

Cheers guys. The thing about the sound is that I used a straight to itunes software (can't use bumper music either). I'll try to turn up the volume more for the guest if I can.

Puns must be increased I agree.
    Is mine not going up :(

Voltwad wrote: »
    Is mine not going up :(
    I have 22 minutes out of 38 but that's the best I could do. I'll stick it up anyway just for you.

I have 22 minutes out of 38 but that's the best I could do. I'll stick it up anyway just for you.
    Yeah no worries man

• Advertisement

Its 300mb apparently. Its a huge file. I might have to send it by email to ya Voltwad.

no1beta@gmail.com

that'll take larger files

Hold on Voltwad I'll put it on sendspace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

May i ask if it is a WAV file?

If it is then you should just convert it to an mp3 (anything above 128 kbps would suffice for podcasts and you probably won't notice any difference in quality) I think Itunes can do this (it can of Mac's anyway) but there are a few free programmes that can do it on windows. It would greatly reduce the file size.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4tnjzx for Voltwad

Chord I tried converting but the file would only convert 22 of the 38 minutes. Dunno why. Audacity is ****e is what I have learned.

just listening to Diabhal and Walter now, sounds decent so far and gotta say Walter seems to know his diverse and is def able to pull in some decent old/independant knowlege (as can Diabhal) probably far more so than i could as id probably be a bit more mainstream in my knowledge exclusing some draft related info :)

and yeah accents are very different

edit: not exactley PG either couple of F-bombs and Vince russo just Wa..... all over the show etc

PG and wrestling do not mix. I think we learned that in the last year. As far as the accents Walter and me really contrast (which is better than having two Scottish people talking for 40 minutes.

finished now... gotta saw fair play lads, really enjoyed that and shamelessly id say i loved the plugs at the end epsecially the last bit that gave me a laugh paraphrased below

Walter: A lot of other boards are full of pretentious aholes that will put you down for certain opions but not this wrestling board.

DB: Yeah like here i would get no stick for not knowing who robert Gibson is

Walter: ahh now you gotta know who Gibson is

DB: ....and we will have to end it there

:pac:

obviously that was a first cut but is there any way to edit it in whatever program you use as obviously you paused it between times when Walter got cut of and then went straight back to where you were, I dunno what program you used but itd be good if you could just edit out the bits that indicate he was cut off at all.

would be good as you say to get others on if even just to get the different attitudes and accents making things interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good work, lads.

• Advertisement

finished now... gotta saw fair play lads, really enjoyed that and shamelessly id say i loved the plugs at the end epsecially the last bit that gave me a laugh paraphrased below

Walter: A lot of other boards are full of pretentious aholes that will put you down for certain opions but not this wrestling board.

DB: Yeah like here i would get no stick for not knowing who robert Gibson is

Walter: ahh now you gotta know who Gibson is

DB: ....and we will have to end it there

:pac:

obviously that was a first cut but is there any way to edit it in whatever program you use as obviously you paused it between times when Walter got cut of and then went straight back to where you were, I dunno what program you used but itd be good if you could just edit out the bits that indicate he was cut off at all.

would be good as you say to get others on if even just to get the different attitudes and accents making things interesting.
    I honestly didn't edit anything. It was just that I didn't want to look like a complete g00f for not knowing really who Robert Gibson was. There was no possible way to come out of that statement with any coolness.

As far as editing I have to pause it because Audacity is broken for me. I just use software that publishes the podcast when I'm done. Easy way to go about it for somebody like myself with a simple mind.

Thanks guys, have to say it was a good laugh and im really looking forward to the next one, and i hope everyone gives it ago tbh:cool: and that we have a giant roundtable episode

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Had a listen to it this morning, good job, made it very interesting. Well worth a listen.

I honestly didn't edit anything. It was just that I didn't want to look like a complete g00f for not knowing really who Robert Gibson was. There was no possible way to come out of that statement with any coolness.

As far as editing I have to pause it because Audacity is broken for me. I just use software that publishes the podcast when I'm done. Easy way to go about it for somebody like myself with a simple mind.

o i didnt for aminute think you edited the gibson bit just thought it was funny was all and im not actually the most knowledgable about all things PW as ive said before despite being mod, but i do have a long genral knowledge of mainstream stuff so could easily get caught in such a way, but the whole fact that walter had just made the point about how nobody would get lambasted for such a lack of knowledge then goes aww cmon you gotta know him before you just end it gave me a good auld chuckle even if id get caught in the same fashion.

The editing thing wasnt criticism either as it was well done just dependant on the program snipping out just as second or two before the program coulda made a big difference in my head and of course this was just a trial version of sorts and a really successfull one at that in my opinion.

o i didnt for aminute think you edited the gibson bit just thought it was funny was all and im not actually the most knowledgable about all things PW as ive said before despite being mod, but i do have a long genral knowledge of mainstream stuff so could easily get caught in such a way, but the whole fact that walter had just made the point about how nobody would get lambasted for such a lack of knowledge then goes aww cmon you gotta know him before you just end it gave me a good auld chuckle even if id get caught in the same fashion.

The editing thing wasnt criticism either as it was well done just dependant on the program snipping out just as second or two before the program coulda made a big difference in my head and of course this was just a trial version of sorts and a really successfull one at that in my opinion.
    I'd love to be able to do it but I'll I can do is pause, record and publish it.

Voltwad reduced the size of his file so he will try to upload it himself.

I'd love to be able to do it but I'll I can do is pause, record and publish it.

Voltwad reduced the size of his file so he will try to upload it himself.
    Seems to be almost done. Stand by for some world class ****e talking :)

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed Volts show, so im looking forward to hearing the whole thing

It didn't come up on the itunes feed. Did it go wrong?

I listened to the sendspace file, and it ends halfway through unfortunately, as i was really enjoying it..

Yeah I haven't been able to upload it either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Listening now.

Will post my thoughts as I listen.

I would have thought you'd have had a far more bogger-ish accent Diabhal.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement