Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TBC Podcast http://www.thebostoncrab.net/ - WrestleZone Quiery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Or else look out for the drunkest fu*k there, giving out about the Miz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bring a "WWR is ****e" sign please!

"DIABHAL FEARS WWR" or else "WWR FEAR DIABHAL" I havent quite decided yet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thanks guys. I do want to make a few specific thank you's though.

Walter: Most prominent fella on the shows. Did more than me. Top-quality man and I'm happy to call him an internet friend. The podcast is yours to do whatever with now.

Sean: You are a great man. Helped us out a lot when we were n00bs to the podcast scene. You are also in charge of the podcast. Best of luck with all the future interviews.

Volt: The 1st man I ever recorded a podcast with. It was a blast chatting about soccer with ya. A great man.

Super-rush: A man who has really helped out a ****load behind the scenes. A fantastic man.

Alessandro Del Piero: You are a God amongst ****e Juve players. Reminds me of the days of Tacchinardi and Conte :)

Thanks to everybody else who has helped out in a positive way. D2D, Fla, Ger C, Jaykhunter,BH,Gimmick and cmpunked spring to mind. If I forgot you I'm sorry.

Thanks for a fun few months,
    John AKA Diabhal AKA Canning fan4life

Sorry to hear you won't be doing this anymore. You should be proud of what you started.

We'll get that Culchie forum one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Interview with Eddie Edwards is today :)

• Advertisement

I have to say, Eddie has to be the classiest wrestler I have ever chatted to. An absolute gentleman and a delight to chat with:)

Eddie discussed the following:

-Training under Killer Kowalski
    -Training in the Pro Wrestling NOAH dojo
    -His experience working with John Cena Snr. as a boss
    -His time wrestling in Europe, in particular at Coventry two years ago and the Indi-Pendence show
    -The birth of The American Wolves
    -Working the ladder match with a broken elbow
    -His time wrestling Prince Devitt
    -If he would go to WWE if offered
    -How it feels being the first TV Champion in ROH and the pressure it brings

And lots more!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was a great interview with Colt when i finally got to listening to it and im looking forward to this one too, good work man hope they keep coming

Theres a possible interview in the works with an ECW alumni that im a MASSIVE fan of, which could be all kinds of awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Theres a possible interview in the works with an ECW alumni that im a MASSIVE fan of, which could be all kinds of awesome!

I want in!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I think I know who it is....;)

Jimmy Rave and Sal Rinaro have both agreed to come onto the podcast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Toilet Paper shower!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Jimmy Rave is an instant win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Yo lads, love the podcast but just a little suggestion for it before you publish it. If you are using audacity (which is a complete random guess, if not then I suggest you grab it for what I'm suggesting since its free), after you export your podcast mp3 open it in audacity and select the whole podcast mp3 (ctrl+a) and go to effect and then dynamic compressor. The stock settings are grand and it should have something else like nominalise to 0db which should also be ticked. Apply this then you can export it as mp3 under file=>Export as mp3.

In case you're wondering what this does it'll soften the audio so that it's "softer" and bump the volume up or down to make it all dynamically even and then keep the aplititude even sort of like what they do nowadays with music ala the "loudness" wars, but since the podcast is just vocals, it should add a bit of polish to it.

Anyways, quality stuff lads, keep it up!

This weeks show is ready and will be online in the afternoon :D

Podcast is online now!

Sorry about my lack of free time at the moment lads, working in a restaurant, whilst also a food consulatant for another company, whilst also boozing 3 times a week can play havoc on the auld free time for the podcast.. Hopefully i'll be around more next week:(

Oh and fantastic show this week, fair play Sean, listening and im also talking back to you at the same time:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'm not a doctor but...
    whilst also boozing 3 times a week

there's the problem

19453_329284098522_329278678522_4555147_6306549_n.jpg

• Advertisement

No better place for my 5000th post. Good show but the first 5 minutes of audio was weird. It mixed with the Vince "Stand up for WWE" thing and was really annoying on headphones.

My only complaint really. Hoping to hear more Walt, Volt and maybe even D2D :pac:

Good show. Nice interviews. Keep up the good work lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

No better place for my 5000th post. Good show but the first 5 minutes of audio was weird. It mixed with the Vince "Stand up for WWE" thing and was really annoying on headphones.

My only complaint really. Hoping to hear more Walt, Volt and maybe even D2D :pac:

Good show. Nice interviews. Keep up the good work lads!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No idea what happened there. It didn't pick up until it was uploaded, when I listen to the copy on my laptop it's fine but the same happens for me when I download it:confused:

This weeks episode is almost fully edited (On behalf of Walter, Damn you Perlico!). And we have another guest that has given us the OK and it's the most exciting one yet for me personally! It's an indie guy but I rank him as the best guy out there not called Davey Richards in the American scene.

And we have another guest that has given us the OK and it's the most exciting one yet for me personally! It's an indie guy but I rank him as the best guy out there not called Davey Richards in the American scene.

Chris Hero? :D

Necro Butcher? If so how much weed did you have to pay him with? :pac:

Nope and nope. Hero won't answer my calls and I don't think Necro would like Irish weed :p

Next podcast is online tomorrow.

Thanks to MCD, next Friday I'll be chatting with Mick Foley for the podcast.

Ya fairly have to ask him his thoughts on the Wrestlezone stuff. Maybe he can shed some more light on it.

Looking forward to the Foley interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Ask Foley does he mind getting wet?

Because he is on a sinking ship

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If Foley goes ahead with the interview will that be the first Irish gig he's ever actually honoured?:pac:

New podcast is online now!

Mick Foley interview is today. Nervous as ****!

Mick Foley interview is today. Nervous as ****!

You doing it in your own?
    What questions you got lined up?

Interview is done! Only had 12 minutes with him due to all the work he is doing today, but we got some great stuff!

-Prefering wrestling in small venues instead of the big ones.
    -A story in his new book that takes place in Dublin Airport
    -How shocked he was when WWE plugged the book and gave him the interview
    -Are the doors open to a H.O.F spot?
    -If he plans to have a book signing in Dublin due to...
    -Wrestlezone Ireland and Micks views on everything that took place.
    -If he is happy with the response people have been giving the book.
    -What it was like to wrestle Ric Flair after everything that happened in their books between them.
    -How tough it is to balance family time with time on the road

And I dunno wheter to leave this in our not, but the interview was done on a train, and half way through Micks train driver started to announce all the buffet deals on the train and all the emergency plans. Was very surreal!

And I dunno wheter to leave this in our not, but the interview was done on a train, and half way through Micks train driver started to announce all the buffet deals on the train and all the emergency plans. Was very surreal!

Leave it in for the craic! :pac:

• Advertisement

Please leave it in. I'm sure Mick was listening intently to the meals :pac:

Podcast is online now!

How did people find the Foley interview?

Will be chatting to Jimmy Jaccobs this Saturday at long last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How did people find the Foley interview?

Will be chatting to Jimmy Jaccobs this Saturday at long last!

It was a good listen. Well done on getting the interviews. :cool:

Might look into getting back on these after Xmas if its OK with everybody

• Advertisement

I have no problem with that :)

Jimmy was great, we discussed:

-His match with Jon Moxely at the live Dragon Gate USA PPV
    -How he keeps his character fresh and always pulls off each renewal of his gimmick
    -His recent video blog series
    -Using the internet to promote wrestling
    -His feelings of envy from being "left behind" as his friends sign onto the big leauges
    -His time wrestling with wXw in Germany

And plenty more! I think it's the most personal interview we have had so far, and my favourite one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Excellent. Looking forward to hearing that!

Podcast is online now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Great interview.

good show too, bet walter enjoyed the first 10 mins :pac:

liked the boards review too as tbh its a good raw to recap the main talking points of wrestling that arent neccesarily happening on the TV Shows, i.e Punk/Hardy's etc also and liked the plug for the American top 30 too which does look like a proper representaion looking at who has been voted for so far but not that many people have voted yet (well i expect more)

You have done a very good job on your own imo and I look forward to hearing more regular shows, gotta give you credit too for the fact that you actually gave credit where it was deserved and praised the WWE/Raw. It's refreshing to hear a non critical critic for a change although you did abviously highlight some things not working on SD. Good point about the Miz and tough enough too considering the talk of bringing that back.

Great interview.

good show too, bet walter enjoyed the first 10 mins :pac:

liked the boards review too as tbh its a good raw to recap the main talking points of wrestling that arent neccesarily happening on the TV Shows, i.e Punk/Hardy's etc also and liked the plug for the American top 30 too which does look like a proper representaion looking at who has been voted for so far but not that many people have voted yet (well i expect more)

You have done a very good job on your own imo and I look forward to hearing more regular shows, gotta give you credit too for the fact that you actually gave credit where it was deserved and praised the WWE/Raw. It's refreshing to hear a non critical critic for a change although you did abviously highlight some things not working on SD. Good point about the Miz and tough enough too considering the talk of bringing that back.

Thanks for the kind words man :) It was brought up before about having more of what's happening on Boards the Podcast so I'm glad it's being well recieved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

catching up on the podcast. Couldn't agree more on PowerSlam, they've gotten pretty negative lately, considering writing in to give out. My main qualm is that they sh!t all over Sheamus, giving him absolutely no credit. Sure he's been pushed but more importantly, he's been accepted!

Anyway keep up the great work lads. U guys done for 2010?

Heck no, we will have the winner of the Irish top 30 on this weeks show!

Mania Podcast lads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mania Podcast lads..

whereabouts on tbc.net is it? can u give me a link or is it in itunes?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    whereabouts on tbc.net is it? can u give me a link or is it in itunes?

Sorry Jay, that was me trying to pursuade the lads to do one:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement