Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TBC Podcast http://www.thebostoncrab.net/ - WrestleZone Quiery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sorry Jay, that was me trying to pursuade the lads to do one:o

ha ha ha, f*cks sake i was like 'aw brilliant new podcast' .......you raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ha ha ha, f*cks sake i was like 'aw brilliant new podcast' .......you raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly! :p

Sorry Buddy:p Hopefullly we can get one done this week, and with all the new members around here at the moment its probably a good opportunity to say new people are always welcome to join us:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Arra why not. More likely to be able to devote time for Wednesday to Friday. Hopefully we'll have an update for the Mania Meet-Up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

if you want some new blood i dont mind pitching in. :)

We could have a good few for the pre-Mania one so CMpunked you're very much invited, as in anybody else with Skype capabilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Friday morning is good for me :)

I don't mind Friday either. If thats OK with everybody else that's a grand time to do it.

Friday morning should be good for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'll have to sit out a Friday morning 'cause of work unfortunatly.

I'm heading to Iceland on Saturday so I doubt I'd have it on the site before next Friday, but it'd be up before 'Mania!

• Advertisement

Is it OK if we hold this next week? Gonna be in the office tomorrow.

Is Friday evening ok?

Is Friday evening ok?

Friday week?

Aye, I'll be back from Iceland

Aye, I'll be back from Iceland

I'd say so.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what happens when the GAA season + Wrestling talk combines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Hmmmmm. I wonder what happens when the GAA season + Wrestling talk combines?

You keep talking for an hour, non stop:pac:

Em, so is there a new episode?? Raised my hopes and dashed them expertly

Definitely doing one next week. Don't know who'll be on, but I want to record a podcast.

Myself and Sean are recording for sure on Sunday. Diabhal will u resend me that PM? My inbox was full and now it's disappeared!

Em, so is there a new episode?? Raised my hopes and dashed them expertly

LOL Glitch in the matrix!

• Advertisement

Cool. Nothing of importance in the PM. Just wondering would ye be up for it next week?

That goes for anybody who would like to join in too. But please have puns at the ready.

Cool. Nothing of importance in the PM. Just wondering would ye be up for it next week?

That goes for anybody who would like to join in too. But please have puns at the ready.

Sean and I are recording Sunday night.. If your around

I'll see if I can make it:)

I'll see if I can make it:)

Unfortunately I couldn't go ahead with tonight:(:( Did ye do it?

Don't know if they did it but there'll defo be one done before the end of next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

looking forward to hearing you guys again, im sure Punk has/will give you lots to talk about.

now that im in your timezone i'd be up for trying to do it again esp considering my last one turned out to be the one show that never made it to air.... Coincidence? :pac:

OK guys. Me and walt are defo recording tomorrow from 11.30 onwards. If anybody wants to join in PM me.

OK guys. Me and walt are defo recording tomorrow from 11.30 onwards. If anybody wants to join in PM me.

AM or PM?

AM or PM?
    AM. Have to be at work till 9pm tomorrow so I can't really stretch to later than 1pm.

Well DB, Myself & Walt just did the first show for quite a while, twas good craic and obviously mostly focusses on Punk/Raw/MITB but included talk of other stuff too. Hopefully itl be up this week as obviously itd be a much better listen before the PPV than after.

• Advertisement

looking forward to the new podcast lads! Any eta? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kind of off topic a bit but thought I'd ask here anyway.

Howd do you guys record these shows? Is there any special programs, etc that you use?

I've got an idea for something that I want to do as a side to the Dirtsheet Dave videos but want to make sure its viable before I go public with the idea, so to speak.

Jay the podcast has been sent to bostoncrab HQ so it should be up when he gets a chance.

TSC we use audacity and Skype to record these.

Having problems with the site, so I'll have to post the download link DB sent me so you guys can hear the show before tonights PPV
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/d6wukf

Having problems with the site, so I'll have to post the download link DB sent me so you guys can hear the show before tonights PPV
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/d6wukf

Dude this audio is just DB's feed - i can't hear you or walter :o

I was worried about that alright. I can't really adjust my levels either and it was never a problem before.

do u guys record the podcast separately yourselves and combine them? or just one of u records everything?

Just me who records it. Nobody else is ever arsed.

o noes! was worried we wouldent make it up before the PPV but could this be my 2nd podcast entry and the 2nd time it doesent work or make it to air, can hear DB but myself and Walt can only be possibly heard really really really quietly in the background.

DB intro's me - silence follows - DB laughs then intros Walt - Silence - intro the first topic.

• Advertisement

Here I was thinking it was the website causing the problem!

I have recorded a few times using the same programmes as DB, no idea what has caused the problem

Hi everybody!

Bit of a bump here but it isn't without reason. A long time ago you might remember we had Alan from Wrestlezone on the podcast promoting his show that was the height of controversy. We decided to give the lad a chance to plug his show and give him a forum to apologise etc. Well the wrestling show never happened obviously enough but people had already paid for tickets. There was possibly a scheme of some sort for a refund. It obviously didn't work out too well as a poster recently revealed he never got a refund for his ticket despite a written promise that he would.

Now I'm not looking for much here guys but IF anybody else has paid for a ticket and hasn't been refunded I would like to hear from you. We gave the guy a chance and now I want to help anybody who was wronged by him. `

I'm not looking to cause trouble for the lad but I do want to see a refund given to people who've paid him and his company for a ticket and never got a show.

Cheers,
    John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

fair play DB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Who the hell is John? :confused:

:pac:
    Jokes.

Good plan DB, you gave him a fair chance and now your giving those on the other side a way to have their say heard.

Stupidly I erased Alan from Wrestlezones number from my phone after he barraged me with texts after he got banned, the guy is scum of the highest order, maybe with his "connections" to darts we can soil his name on the darts forum, maybe someone might know the c*nt...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not looking to cause trouble for the lad but I do want to see a refund given to people who've paid him and his company for a ticket and never got a show.

Cheers,
    John.

To be blunt, why not? :P
    The run up to the event was a publicity disaster, the orginisation seemed to be all over the place and now you're saying there's at least one case of someone not getting the refund they are, as far as I know of, legally entitled to? He deserves some trouble and shouldn't get away with this. Fair play to you for wanting to do something about this. Respect +1,000 for you :)

• Advertisement

Stupidly I erased Alan from Wrestlezones number from my phone after he barraged me with texts after he got banned, the guy is scum of the highest order, maybe with his "connections" to darts we can soil his name on the darts forum, maybe someone might know the c*nt...

Wouldn't it be stored in Skype history??

Fair play DB, yer man Alan definitely deserves being brought down and getting a taste of his own medicine

Wouldn't it be stored in Skype history??

Fair play DB, yer man Alan definitely deserves being brought down and getting a taste of his own medicine

Nope I deleted him from skype, because he was wrecking my head, trying to get me to stick up for him..

Has anybody had an email correspondence with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thecannon

Thanks for raising the issue as it affects me. I have contacted him through email and provided all booking confirmation numbers, etc. I have a record of his initial replies and they were very unprofessional. Now he simply isn't replying even though he agreed in writing in a number of emails from his own email address.

I fear this is becoming a matter for the small claims court as matter of principle if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ye should get his number and ring him live on air Panorama-style.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement