Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TBC Podcast http://www.thebostoncrab.net/ - WrestleZone Quiery

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Do ye lads know each other in real life?

Because yeer conversation flows very well for two lads who are strangers.

Not one "YUH" answer so far.

"Running joke." Legend.

Diabhal you sound like the lad who does the soccer show on NewsTalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

flahavaj wrote: »
    Do ye lads know each other in real life?

Because yeer conversation flows very well for two lads who are strangers.

Not one "YUH" answer so far.
    "Running joke." Legend.

Diabhal you sound like the lad who does the soccer show on NewsTalk.
    Perfect strangers I guess.

Do ya mean Eoin McDevitt or Milltown stronghold Ciaran Murphy?

Perfect strangers I guess.

Do ya mean Eoin McDevitt or Milltown stronghold Ciaran Murphy?

The skinny chap with the black hair from Galway. You sound exactly like him.
    Blaguarding aside you're actually very polished and do nice little links from one topic to another. Have you done this before?

"All we need now is someone from Offaly to make it big in lucha."

Genius.

The skinny chap with the black hair from Galway. You sound exactly like him.
    Blaguarding aside you're actually very polished and do nice little links from one topic to another. Have you done this before?
    Made cameos on F4W Boardcasts before. Never hosted though. Cheers for the compliment. We bayte Murphy's club in the COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP last year. Random fact.

Very impressed lads indeed. Really enjoyed it. The conversation flowed well, ye were both very relaxed, good banter back and forth, good wrestling knowledge. A big thumbs up from the Flah.

DB/Walty >>>>>>>> SR. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

"it's a shame he died though"

good man diabhal bai. listening anyway now, enjoying it so far anyway. maith thu bais

GWAN TIPP!!! This is a lovely little listen lads I must say. Nice to have the bit of charisma on the Boards PW airwaves for a change.

"uh.......yuh"

EDDY JOKE.

• Advertisement

EDDY JOKE.

Dya remember that? Remember the Eddy joke? That was GAS

.............................yuh

anyway......

uuhhh......

Good Times.

I hope SR can see all these pot shots. I do like Minto though so I will not hear a word against the man.

Cheers Ger lad. BTW all Devitt mentions are credit to Walter cuz I almost completely forgot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, I would really prefer if ye could refrain from bashing former mods, no matter how much ye may dislike them.

gimmick wrote: »
    Lads, I would really prefer if ye could refrain from bashing former mods, no matter how much ye may dislike them.

Sorry, didnt mean to get out of line.

Anyway, I must say lads that i enjoyed that and I'm lookin forward to the next one already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I really enjoyed Volts show, so im looking forward to hearing the whole thing
    Thanks man. We need a triple threat now :)

I'll be honest it would be difficult to do a three-person podcast. Every multi-person podcast done over Skype is awkward because you have 3 people often talking over each other trying to make a point.

We should have a new show up by Thursday. Me and Walter are confirmed. Anybody else who wants to be on (especially Mr.Voltwad) PM me and we can get you on (no experience required).

We should have a new show up by Thursday. Me and Walter are confirmed. Anybody else who wants to be on (especially Mr.Voltwad) PM me and we can get you on (no experience required).
    Yeah man I'm in like Tin-tin.

I think a 3 way is possible as long as you're a strong host and me and Walter only speak when spoken to. You can be Bill, I'll be John and Walter can be Eamon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Voltwad wrote: »
    Yeah man I'm in like Tin-tin.

I think a 3 way is possible as long as you're a strong host and me and Walter only speak when spoken to. You can be Bill, I'll be John and Walter can be Eamon :)

I managed to stay alive for 53 and a half years baby:pac:

• Advertisement

Imagine them three as a stable in WWE... The Panel they'd be called, holding the Tag Titles under the Freebird rule.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Imagine them three as a stable in WWE... The Panel they'd be called, holding the Tag Titles under the Freebird rule.
    F'N epic.. :pac::pac::pac::pac: The Panel coming to a BWE show near you soon

F'N epic.. :pac::pac::pac::pac: The Panel coming to a BWE show near you soon
    Or we could just replace King/Cole with them.

Bill: Now Eamon, I read on the side of a packet of Rice Crispies that you felt that HHH stole the victory tonight.

Eamon: If I'd wanted to watch a donkey Bill, I could've gone down the stables for cheaper than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Looking forward to hearing it lads:)

Right new rule for tomorrow.

1st Commandment: Shut the hell up until I tell you to talk

2nd Commandment: When I want to talk to you I will refer to you by username.

3rd Commandment: Ossy Ardiles is banned from the podcast.

4th Commandment: NO ALAN ****ING SHEARER/ MR. LINEKER.

That is all. I'll Skype IM ye before the show (20 minutes maybe). Enjoy the show lads and do some research.

Are ye doing this today??

• Advertisement

Yep we sure are. Just recorded my Raw review and Volt is doing the Smackdown review later:cool:

Yep we sure are. Just recorded my Raw review and Volt is doing the Smackdown review later:cool:

That sounds pretty cool.

I might decide to do 1 some time:):)

If I can get him in the next 10 minutes. Have to head out soon. Good show Walter! It's up now.

That sounds pretty cool.

That'd be great.

That sounds pretty cool.

I love to hear you do one man:cool:

• Advertisement

I love to hear you do one man:cool:

The BWO invasion of the podcast:pac::pac:

is it just me or is the link to yer latest podcast broken??

is it just me or is the link to yer latest podcast broken??

Yeah wasnt working for me too earlier but it seems to be back now:cool:

http://boardsprowrestlingpodcast.mypodcast.com/

Yeah wasnt working for me too earlier but it seems to be back now:cool:

http://boardsprowrestlingpodcast.mypodcast.com/

Just listening to it there and it's skipping like mad. It's fierce Hard to concentrate on it which is crap cause I really want to listen to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I found it skippy in parts too and the volume a bit unstable but those technical matters aside, it was enjoyable. I like the fact you tend to do a recap of the board's events and certain threads near the end. I don't know if that's been intentional the past two podcasts but you should keep it up.

I dunno why it was skippy TBH. Audacity is working again though so it might be easier to fix these technicalities in future. Nothing can be done till next week because I have knee surgery tomorrow :(

Thanks for all the responses!

I got a new host for the podcast. Voltwad's episode in full in up. The first PW Podcast I did.

http://podcastmachine.com/podcasts/5400/episodes/25673

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Right new rule for tomorrow.

1st Commandment: Shut the hell up until I tell you to talk

2nd Commandment: When I want to talk to you I will refer to you by username.

3rd Commandment: Ossy Ardiles is banned from the podcast.

4th Commandment: NO ALAN ****ING SHEARER/ MR. LINEKER.

That is all. I'll Skype IM ye before the show (20 minutes maybe). Enjoy the show lads and do some research.

I can't tell if you're joking or that's the meanest post i've seen on boards in quite some time! A few smilies wouldn't have gone astray!

Sorry Mr. Shearer :pac:

Listening now. Best part so far is walty's no-selling of the Joe Canning reference. Someday I will do one of these and we'll just talk hurling and tractors and red lemonade Diabhal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Just starting to listen to this and I must admit it's sounding much more professional with more understandable accents than I expected. Nice banter too

Actually just heard Walter diss my adopted baby. This sucks! :P

Good stuff lads, had a good aul chuckle at the "controversial" topics of conversation. Keep it up.

Good stuff lads, had a good aul chuckle at the "controversial" topics of conversation. Keep it up.

Hope you'll give the Podcast an aul whirl now Flah:cool::cool:

ha, just listening to it now. Great to hear irish people talk about wrestling. I think a third person would really round out the conversation. When the show gets on it's legs, maybe a Q&A part of the show

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ha, just listening to it now. Great to hear irish people talk about wrestling. I think a third person would really round out the conversation. When the show gets on it's legs, maybe a Q&A part of the show

Yeah a Q+A is a must for sure, that'd be brilliant, 3 people is definitely the way to go, maybe DB, Yourself and me could do the next one..

Ordering a sound card. Hopefully the rock band mic will be good enough for skype!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ordering a sound card. Hopefully the rock band mic will be good enough for skype!
    I have a 3 euro phone thing. We don't need proper equipment just something that makes you audible.

When will we do the 3 way dance boys?:cool::pac:

i don't have a sound card (hopefully by Friday i'll get it in the mail) but i'm not free until the weekend anyway. If you guys can't wait i can just get ya next weekend

• Advertisement

Not this week guys. Have the flu and at the weekend there's a big matter involving Galway and Wexford. We shall see about next week.........

Unless ye want to do it amongst yerselves?????

Advertisement