Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Lost all my Photos from my ex Hard Drive...

Options
  • 14-02-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey - I lost all my files from a seagate ex hd (it fell over). The ex hd now does not show up on my laptop and makes a squeaky noise...i have all my college photography work on this along with other important stuff...

Has this happened to anyone and you managed to get the files recovered? if so how or can you please point me in the right direction...is there someone i can contact or are those data recovery places any good.....

id appreciate any help. thanks....

* before it went completely it said "delayed write failure"...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nevaeh.aaric

First, try the external drive on another PC. This will tell you if the problem is with your PC or your external drive. You can also try unplugging your drive from the usb port and plugging it into another usb port.
    If the drive does not show up on another pc, then I suspect that the drive has failed. Depending on how the drive has malfunctioned, it may be possible to recover some or all of your files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Sound Computers

based on the OP saying, it fell over, it isn't likely a PC problem. HDD's are designed to take a bit of a bump, but much less of a bump if it was reading or writing at the time of bump...

Data recovery is Possible but not guaranteed. if there is physical damage inside (rotor or arm) it makes the recovery a lot more difficult. does the drive show up in the BIOS when you reboot? if so an image can be made and copied to a new disk.

PM if you need more info.

Good luck.

mickey

Advertisement