Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you fail erasmus??

• 14-02-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I was on mandatory Erasmus last semester and i'm pretty sure I failed one of my exams. I have been trying to get my results but the host university has not replied. Should I just ignore it and hope UL ignore it too?! Does anyone know the procedure if you fail Erasmus?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

james87 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was on mandatory Erasmus last semester and i'm pretty sure I failed one of my exams. I have been trying to get my results but the host university has not replied. Should I just ignore it and hope UL ignore it too?! Does anyone know the procedure if you fail Erasmus?

not sure about erasmus, but a friend of mine nearly failed co-op and he was told he would have to do a semester of modules to pass the semester. Could be different for Erasmus but since they are both pass/fail semesters they may be similar.
    If you go to the current students page on ul.ie there is a link to the student handbook and that might have some info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Don't worry about it. I failed one of my exams on erasmus. Went to my course director and he gave me a 3000 word paper to do to make up for it. I never did the 3000 word paper, and he just passed for eramus anyway. At worst, you'll have to do some extra work.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭LilyPool

Where were you on Erasmus? I'm on Erasmus now too and will more than likely fail most of my exams. I've heard lecturers might pass you based on attendance and the fact that you are an Erasmus Student even if you fail the exam. Any truth in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

entropic wrote: »
    not sure about erasmus, but a friend of mine nearly failed co-op and he was told he would have to do a semester of modules to pass the semester. Could be different for Erasmus but since they are both pass/fail semesters they may be similar.
    If you go to the current students page on ul.ie there is a link to the student handbook and that might have some info on it.

How can you fail Co-op, short of getting fired from your job? Do your employers rate you on performance or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

Ex UL student. In my day it was pretty much impossible to fail Erasmus. Even those that didn't bother doing exams were passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jackinyogrill

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    How can you fail Co-op, short of getting fired from your job? Do your employers rate you on performance or something?

You have to fill out a report on exactly what you did on co-op as well; if that doesn't meet requirements, you can be failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PearlsOfLight

I failed an Erasmus exam too, but another pass compensated. I think it's actually impossible to fail the Erasmus module.

Advertisement