Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is their laws with regard to party political broadcasts.

Options
  • 14-02-2010 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for a party to advertise on the television and radio ,when it suits them ?
    Or do they have to wait until an election ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

is whose laws - sorry; couldn't resist the grammatical sideswipe. In answer to your question I don't think there is - political broadcasts are seen to be useful electioneering tools hence the reason why they're common around elections, but I can recall one or two that were just put out for the sake of public (mis)information back in the 80's and earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

is whose laws - sorry; couldn't resist the grammatical sideswipe. In answer to your question I don't think there is - political broadcasts are seen to be useful electioneering tools hence the reason why they're common around elections, but I can recall one or two that were just put out for the sake of public (mis)information back in the 80's and earlier.

Sorry about that mispelling ,I had fianna fail in mind when I was thinking of the "law", if there was one:(

I'm sure if a party tried to build a knowledge through the media ,people would be more aware of what they're voting for.

Advertising right before elections ,seems to be a waste and a last dash to grab some votes.

Advertisement