Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay

• 14-02-2010 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello

Its been next weeks task for a few months now, but I am finally going to clear out the house of junk.

Anyways, I was thinking of selling the bits and pieces I have squirreled away on ebay. Just wondering, will I need to pay VAT/income or any other tax on these sales? Not looking to make a business out of this, just that selling it is probably cheaper than dumping.

One of the things I was looking at getting rid of is a collection of trading cards. Since I reckon I would have a better chance of selling this in smallish lots of 100 rather than one big sale, would that have any difference?

Just want to make sure that I don't have the taxman knocking on my door. :)

Thanks.

Also, if this is the wrong place to put this thread, I apologize.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,645 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

VAT registration for the sale of goods is compulsory if the sales exceed €75000 pa.

Assuming that your attic junk isn't sellable for that value and that you aren't setting up a business (ie you are not intending to have an ongoing effort to sell products for a profit) then you are not likely to be engaged in trading nor do you need to worry about VAT registration.

The general qualifier to all of the above [ and one that the forum moderator is keen to strictly adhere to] is to remember that posts on this forum are not to supplant professional advice- if in doubt, check with an accountant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CB12

Thanks for the help.

Believe me, I doubt its wort €750. :D

Advertisement