Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy bike in kerry

Options
  • 14-02-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy cheap mountain bikes in the tralee/killarney area, possibly secondhand or ex-rental!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

O'Hallorans in Boharbee, Tralee does (or at least did) do rentals that *might* be sold on. That said if you go looking for ex-rental bikes anywhere you're probably going to be faced with a touring or hybrid bike.

As for finding a second hand MTB - might be worth contacting Killarney CC, they've a strong MTB contingent and it's the time of the year that might be changing bikes - whether or not they'd be cheap depends on what you consider cheap to be :D.

If all else fails there's always adverts.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

thecelt wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy cheap mountain bikes in the tralee/killarney area, possibly secondhand or ex-rental!

O'Sullivans in Killarney, located in a few locations around town sell both new and second-hand bicycles ...
    - end of New Street, near St. Mary's Cathedral
    - half-way on New Street, at junction to Beech Road
    - on Beech Road then, on the same side as Tesco and TheGranary, opposite the tourist office.

Call into one and they would ring the other two for you, all owned and run by various family members.

Also, I would recommend contacting www.cyclingsafaris.com. They do some business in the town and may have one or two of their old stock still in town waiting to be transported back the their head-office. It might be worth asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What about Jim Caball Himself in Tralee? New and second-hand bikes.

http://www.locallink.ie/view.php?i=35001

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What about Jim Caball Himself in Tralee? New and second-hand bikes.

http://www.locallink.ie/view.php?i=35001

I second Jim as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

CheGuedara wrote: »
    O'Hallorans in Boharbee

+1 For o'Hallorans

• Advertisement

kingdumb wrote: »
    +1 For o'Hallorans

Nah, you can't beat Pat at Caballs, he's a god amongst men.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

kerry4sam wrote: »
    O'Sullivans in Killarney

Reputed to be very expensive for new bikes. Hubby priced one specific type there two years ago, bought in Limerick (sorry I cannot remember the name, but can check) much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Pat seems like a nice fella alright, but you can't cycle him !
    I thoink that o'Hallorans have a better stock of quality bike.
    But that said, oi just reread the original post 'Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy cheap mountain bikes' so Caballs probally is best alright unless o'Hallorans have any second hand stock !
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Nah, you can't beat Pat at Caballs, he's a god amongst men.:P

kingdumb wrote: »
    Pat seems like a nice fella alright, but you can't cycle him !

He's so obliging that, if he didn't have a particular bike in stock, he'd carry you around on his back until your bike was delivered.

Advertisement