Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: trowelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

trowelled wrote: »
    How much of your fist can you fit in your mouth?

Not a lot tbh. Only as far as my knuckle. But that's because my hands are ridiculously big due to all the trowelling. I have what is referred to as trowelling muscles.
    Did you have to check how much of your fist fit, or did you already know?
    Favourite crisp

Hunky Dorys Buffalo possibly. But I can be fickle bout these sort of things
    Good choice! :D

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Could you fix the office broadband?? Posting via mobile is annoying with a pc in front of me:(

Favourite country you've been to??
    Country that you haven't been to yet that you want to go to??

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Realistically, would you go back to college if there was a course that really caught your interest?

Yeah I think I would. I did think about doing a phd there for a while. I'm gonna get on to my old college lecturer to rack his brains on all things medieval to see what options are out there for me

The world is facing obliteration, pick your team of five to save it.

Indiana Jones (has to be), Harry Lime (Orson Welles character in the Third Man, he could be the evil plotter). I'll have to come back to this I'm afraid....

What do you like and dislike most about boards?

I like the fact that I have made a good few friends on boards. I have met a couple of people who I shall be firends with for years to come. I like the way most of the fora are welcoming. I have never felt unwanted int he Noct forum.

What I hate are the attention seekers. Those who post complete and utter crap just to get attention from the opposite sex. It has put me off posting in a particular forum. There is another aspect that I hate but I'm not pushed on discussing it. But lets just say it has annoyed me and one or two other boardsies
    buffalo wrote: »
    Did you have to check how much of your fist fit, or did you already know?

I walked out of the room to check that one out. :D

koth wrote: »

Could you fix the office broadband?? Posting via mobile is annoying with a pc in front of me:(

I wish I could but I'm not technologically minded at all. I do hate that though. Happened me before christmas. It was painful. Though I wouldn't even attempt to go on boards on my mobile. Tis pretty damn basic

Favourite country you've been to??

So far It would prob be the USA (though limited to San Francisco and New York). Though I do think Switzerland and Austris are very picturesque countries but I didn't get to spend long enough in them to really get to experience them.

Country that you haven't been to yet that you want to go to??

I really wanna go to New Zealand

The world is facing obliteration, pick your team of five to save it.

Ok I'm coming back to this question

Indiana Jones (has to be), Harry Lime (Orson Welles character in the Third Man), he could be the evil plotter). I'll also go with McGyver and Inspector gadget (between them who knows what kind of concoctions we could have). Now for the fifth member.....hmmm how about Kurt Russell. He's awesome, just look at how he dealt with Little China. He could so kick Big China's ass too. Oh and I'm now gonna take Harry Lime out of the list cos thinking about it he'd turn his back on you in a second. Lets go with John McClane. We may not save the world but dammit we'll give it a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The world is facing obliteration, pick your team of five boardsies to save it

Pter wrote: »
    The world is facing obliteration, pick your team of five boardsies to save it

Oh noes I struggled enough to pick five with the other :p

I don't know. Hmmm.........

Ok well Wolfie definitely for his killing abilities. emo!! cos she's my partner in crime and world saving missions. I know Shellyboo will kick ass so she's definitely on it. Then Randy and Onkle could save the world in their own little way (their instruments are a force to be reckoned with).

I'm not great with these lists :(

(their instruments are a force to be reckoned with).

Lulz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1) If you could be anyone for a day who would it be and why?
    2) What sort of car do you drive?
    3) Were you annoyed at kharn for not comin to the beers :p
    4) Do you have any mottos you live your life by?
    5) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?
    6) do you like short shorts?
    7) is there any song that can cheer you up regardless of how you feel?
    8) any song you could listen to on repeat and not get sick of it?
    9) Favourite Book? Favourite film? Favourite book to film adaptation?
    10) Favourite Boards memory thus far? (beers or otherwise its up to you)

Lulz

You saw what I did there

1) If you could be anyone for a day who would it be and why?
    I would be Indiana Jones. THen I'd get to do some adventurising. I do love adventures. Real archaeology just isn't as fun

2) What sort of car do you drive?

Well I recently had to get a new one. I now drive a VW polo called Connie

3) Were you annoyed at kharn for not comin to the beers :p

No of course not. I'd never get annoyed with the Kharnmeister, he's awesome. Anywho as I explained the two sentences in my post, in the beers thread, weren't linked

4) Do you have any mottos you live your life by?

Yeah a few. "Never regret what you've done, only the things you haven't." Another one is "To ignore someone is to turn you're back on them and for those who do I have no time", although that one isn't always rigidly applied. Sometimes you gotta give people the benefit of the doubt

5) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why?

Teleporting cos I'm a lazy biatch so if I could transport myself somewhere without actually having to move it would be great.

6) do you like short shorts?

Who deosn't. Can't beat a man in short shorts :p:D

7) is there any song that can cheer you up regardless of how you feel?

As I mentioned earlier, Dancing in the Dark is one of those songs. I can't help but dance to it. I try to do my best Courtney Cox impressions. Roadhouse Blues is probably another one. I love that song

8) any song you could listen to on repeat and not get sick of it?

LA woman. I could never get sick of it.
    9) Favourite Book? Favourite film? Favourite book to film adaptation?

Favourite book. Ooh that's hard. I think my top 3, though in no particular order, would be Heller's "Catch-22", Kesey's "Sometimes a Great Notion" and Kerouac's "On the Road"

10) Favourite Boards memory thus far? (beers or otherwise its up to you)

Hmmm I'll have to keep that one to myself...:D

• Advertisement

add on question:

1) any significance behind the name connie for your car or is it just coz its pretty?

questions you didnt answer:

2)f avourite movie?

3) Favourite book to movie adaptation!?

Question annoying me

4) why the hell cant i type/spell properly today?

add on question:

1) any significance behind the name connie for your car or is it just coz its pretty?

No it's not cos it's pretty. I worked with a German girl called connie once. It's a German car. It just sorta fits.

questions you didnt answer:

Sorry bout that

2)favourtie movie?

Hmmm that's a toughie too. It would probably be the Third Man. Though I am fickle when it comes to things like that. I change my mind so much. It can really depend on my mood. For soppyness I love Say Anything. I love John cusack. Gross Point Blank and High Fidelity are two of my fave movies. I love war movies, Apocolypse Now being one of my faves. The Big Lebowski I love.

Hmmm yeah don't know if I can pick just one

3)Fabvourite book to movie adaptation!?

That would probably be One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest. I read the book before I saw the film. I was impressed with the film as they remained true to the book.

4) why the hell cant i type/spell properly today?

It's Monday. Mistakes are allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I wants your opinions on the following people's talent (or lack there of :p);

1. Christian Bale

2. Marvin gaye

3. Denzel Washington

4. Russell Brand

5. Lilly Alan

Bonus points for guessing who the people are that I think are ****. :pac:

I wants your opinions on the following people's talent (or lack there of :p);

1. Christian Bale - Good as batman. Other than that I don't really know

2. Marvin gaye - awesome. Heard it on the Grapevine, what a tune!

3. Denzel Washington - a fine respected actor, no? Tis been a while since I've seen him in anything

4. Russell Brand - can take or leave hime

5. Lilly Alan - I don't mind her too much. I don't own any of her music and I probably wouldn't buy it. However, I tend not to turn her off when she's on the radio. As for her personally! I couldn't tell you

Bonus points for guessing who the people are that I think are ****. :pac: - prob them all

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

There's a fire in the only cheese factory in the world. Which cheese do you try and save??

Do you try to keep up to date with the latest news stories??
    First car you ever owned??

If you can read this, you're too close!

Have you ever dyed your hair?

Favourite super hero

Opinions on beards

Whats better; bald or hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

Can i have a go on the awesomator? :D

Whats the name of those fancy trowels you dudes use? (You know what im talking about)

Weirdest birthday/christmas present?

What's your guilty music pleasure?

What's your guilty fuds pleasure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Following on from this question, has it ever occurred to you that the Awesomator might be a metaphor?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Following on from this question, has it ever occurred to you that the Awesomator might be a metaphor?

*blink*
    ... it hadn't. :o
    oh internets why do you insist on destroying whats left of my innocence!
    (was that directed at me?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I WAS ASKING TROWELLED!

Trowelled: Did you bump into anyone awesome today ?? ¬_¬

• Advertisement

o_O
    mean lady!

i bet trowelled isn't mean! are you?

koth wrote: »

There's a fire in the only cheese factory in the world. Which cheese do you try and save??

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Yeah I'm gonna go with the gorgonzola for now. I just had some on my baby potatoes and it was pretty damn awesome

Do you try to keep up to date with the latest news stories??

I'm terrible for keepingup to date with the news. I only ever hear the news if it happens to come on the radio whilst I'm driving

First car you ever owned??

That would be the car that was recently destroyed. My beloved yaris, Molly.:(

Have you ever dyed your hair?

Nope and never will

Favourite super hero

I don't know that I have one

Opinions on beards

I like some facial hair

Sorry Pter but I gotta say hair. I'm all about the hair on men. Not too short and not too long.

I think you meet the required height restrictions so I have no reason not to.

Whats the name of those fancy trowels you dudes use? (You know what im talking about)

We use a WHS 4.5 inch trowel for day to day trowelling. For smaller intricate things like stakeholes we use leaf trowels

Weirdest birthday/christmas present?

I need to have a good think about this because I genuinely can't think of anything. I mean there was the christmas my friend gave me an umbrella (it was pretty bog standard). Though she did give me other stuff so I can't really count it

What's your guilty music pleasure?

Kenny Rogers.................I kid, I kid. I suppose it would be the Bay City Rollers.

What's your guilty fuds pleasure?

I tend to like pretty normal food. Though I do put cheese in my noodles when I'm cooking them

Oh yes I have ;)

I WAS ASKING TROWELLED!

Trowelled: Did you bump into anyone awesome today ?? ¬_¬

I totally did. I bumped into YOU, woot!
    o_O
    mean lady!

i bet trowelled isn't mean! are you?

Hmmm, no no I'm not or am I??

Oh Squirl, does a mini cactus count as a weird present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sorry Pter but I gotta say hair. I'm all about the hair on men. Not too short and not too long.

Whatevs, all I know is that while these "men" are getting their hair preened and highlighted, that's €25 I get to keep every month. ;):p

Question; Are you a hardcore rugger bugger? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

If you could remove ONE country from existence which one would it be and why?

Whatevs, all I know is that while these "men" are getting their hair preened and highlighted, that's €25 I get to keep every month. ;):p

Question; Are you a hardcore rugger bugger? :p

€25 well spent I say. I've always been obsesed with men's hair. Mmmm Jim Morrison, now he had great hair.

I wouldn't say I'm hardcore but I am a fan. Don't watch it as regularly as I used to though

1) what did ireland do wrong on saturday against franch and can it be rectified before we go to twikenham?

2) whats the best innuendo based joke (huh huh "in your endo") that you have mae that you are most proud of?

3) if you could have a time machine where and when would you go back to? and would you change anything from the past?

4) any boardsie you would like to meet but still havent?

5) steak....burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

You mentioned Jim Morrison.

Would you agree that a) he's awesome and b) his voice is awesome?

What's your favourite Doors song?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement