Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball early bird tickets

Options
  • 14-02-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Was this done last year? Seems like good enough value at 25 rather than 35. Any idea how many of these "limited" tickets will go on sale, wanna judge whether ill have to be in an su shop or online at 12 to get one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Any word on the street as to whos playing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Word on the steet? Kanye West, Jay-Z, Green Day and Lady Gaga.

Probable lineup? The Coronas, The Blizzards, Five and B*witched.

Its not really about whos playing, more about how drunk you are and weather your willing to have a good time regardless, example: I had an incredible time last year, mosh pit for S-Club was a particular highlight. tbh, if Five were there i would be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Crap forgot to get mine yesterday, all sold out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

kateos2 wrote: »
    Crap forgot to get mine yesterday, all sold out now.

Are they or are you just assuming? I don't want to have to cycle the 3 1/2 minutes into college to find they have sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Are they or are you just assuming? I don't want to have to cycle the 3 1/2 minutes into college to find they have sold out

They are online anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I got mine yesterday. Bought them at the SU shop and there was a massive queue. When I bought mine I asked the girl and she said they would sell out in witihin the day..

I'm desperately hoping Jedward will be playing (only if I'm drunk enough to find them funny that is), a 5ive/B*witched type band is definitely needed. And there will be one semi-big generic band headling as per usual - Iglu and Hartly last year, The Blizzards the year before).

I cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Missed out due to laziness, logged on to try and buy it online at 12 from home and told me i needed to be on campus to purchase online, was in UCD at 1.30 and they were all gone, gonna have to stump the 35 quid up next week then I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday. Bought them at the SU shop and there was a massive queue. When I bought mine I asked the girl and she said they would sell out in witihin the day..

I'm desperately hoping Jedward will be playing (only if I'm drunk enough to find them funny that is), a 5ive/B*witched type band is definitely needed. And there will be one semi-big generic band headling as per usual - Iglu and Hartly last year, The Blizzards the year before).

I cannot wait.

Seriously hoping Jedward arnt there. For their safety more than anything... Actually no its because they are the worst musicians since time began.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Logged in at 25 past to buy a ticket, transaction was confirmed. Sold out in 4 minutes my arse...
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Seriously hoping Jedward arnt there. For their safety more than anything... Actually no its because they are the worst musicians since time began.

I have never heard anyone accuse Jedward of being musicians.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Course their shite. Don't think anyone bar Louis Walsh would argue otherwise. However a novelty/crap acts have always gone down well. See B*witched or S Club. Crap bands; but when people are drunk they become awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I'd be upset if Jedward weren't there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

http://www.ucdentstickets.com/Buy/Ticket/87

Surprised no one's noticed that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Worked nicely, got one there, thankyou!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ironclaw wrote: »
    http://www.ucdentstickets.com/Buy/Ticket/87

Surprised no one's noticed that link.
    Thats seems to bypass the UCDsu 'sophisticated' security of only being able to buy tickets online on campus or when logged in to sis offsite (which didnt work anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Anyone know when the rest of the tickets are on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Oh dear, http://www.ucdentstickets.com/ is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I want Aqua to play. They're back together and making some real crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Are the blazin squad still goin?? Would be hilarious if they played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

do you have to be on campus to get tickets? tryed logging in on my own computer at home last wednesday(sp) and it wouldnt work

errlloyd wrote: »
    I want Aqua to play. They're back together and making some real crap.
    Kid V wrote: »
    Are the blazin squad still goin?? Would be hilarious if they played.

Absolutely, + a million.

These two would be sensational. If I heard Barbie Girl and Flip Reverse It, live, in the same afternoon, it would make my year.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Just went to the shop and the queue is around the corner and out the door for the tickets.

http://www.ucdball.ie/top.html

Site is down due to high volumes. It was funny in the email they sent saying the tickets sold out in 4 minutes last thursday. I bought a ticket online on Friday at about 7pm, around 36 hours later :)

No off this http://www.ucdentstickets.com/Buy/Ticket/87. Its dead now though

Yeah it seems to have worked. I got an email from RBSWorldPay as a confirmation:

Transaction Confirmation
    Please retain for your records

Thank you
    Your transaction has been processed by RBS WorldPay, on behalf of UCD Students' Union.
    IF YOUR PURCHASE WAS FOR A UCD BALL TICKET PLEASE AWAIT A FURTHER EMAIL, FOR ALL OTHER EVENT YOUR TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 30 MINS PRIOR TO THE SHOW.

Tickets can be collected from the venue from 30 mins prior to doors.
    Transaction details:
    Transaction for the value of: EUR26.50
    Description: 1 x UCD Ball at Euro 26.50 each
    Merchant's cart ID: xxxx
    Authorisation Date/Time: 19/Feb/2010 19:12:07
    RBS WorldPay's transaction ID: xxxxxxx
    This is not a tax receipt.
    This event is over 18's R.O.A.R. - I.D. Required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

has anyone managed to get a ticket online today for this?

Advertisement