Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball early bird tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

What the hell is going on with buying tickets online? I've been trying ALL day to get one and it just keeps saying 'tickets for this event are not on sale at the moment'. Has anyone actually managed to get one? Are they all sold out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

they couldnt be all sold out, i tryed at 1 o clock and couldnt get one. the queues outside the shops were huge , i dont want one that badly that ill queue for hours, will just try online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

there are loads of tickets still available in the SU shop. I just bought 4 and there were'nt any queues. Online is still badgered by the looks of it. Poor showing by the ents team in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

may try tomorrow so, they shouldnt be advertising it online if tickets cant be bought. thinking they will probably be gone by then though:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

leesmom wrote: »
    they couldnt be all sold out, i tryed at 1 o clock and couldnt get one. the queues outside the shops were huge , i dont want one that badly that ill queue for hours, will just try online again.

the queue was huge at 13:00, i went back at 13:45 and there was no queue so i thought "Oh **** they are sold out!" But there was a woman sitting at a desk saying "UCD Ball tickets..." and she had about 400 tickets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah the queue at 1 was insane, was walking through it to get to the shop and it surled all the way back up the ramp and was working it's way into some sort of weird spiral at the bottom of the library stairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sachor

Man i just gave up! Ended up going in to campus around 7 and got a ticket no bother, apparently about 100 left in library SU shop. Checked the website there & it's STILL not working even though they're 'trying hard' to fix it. Good one, i doubt there's a mass number of people still trying 8 hours later so what's the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Shoot I completly forgot about this today :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 WoodenChin

It's gonna be deadly!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

If the servers are getting slammed like that, ticket sales must be going well overall... Might sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Seems to be workin fine now, went on to try and buy tickets and there was no problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin.

Still no word on whos playing? Someone said Aqua, which would be amasing.

If Jedward play i'll sell my ticket. I'd imagine I'd get more annoyed when Im drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I've heard Boyzone being mentioned way too often for my liking.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Fad wrote: »
    I've heard Boyzone being mentioned way too often for my liking.....

I read that as Beyonce at first and was wondering what gobsh*te would believe that rumour. After realising my mistake, boyzone seem at lot more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The voices in the head told me Rage against the Machine are playing. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin.

The voices in the head told me Rage against the Machine are playing. Fact.

The voice in your head should be booking the acts but.......

we'll probably end up with smelly Jedward. Maybe I'll be close enough to throw something at them.

mclovin. wrote: »
    we'll probably end up with smelly Jedward. Maybe I'll be close enough to throw something at them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AEG

Can't believe they are not telling us who's playing. I refuse to buy a ticket until I find out who I'm paying for. Jedward would probably be a bit too much to ask for. Remember B*Witched played one of the years!

What a joke!

AEG wrote: »
    Can't believe they are not telling us who's playing. I refuse to buy a ticket until I find out who I'm paying for. Jedward would probably be a bit too much to ask for. Remember B*Witched played one of the years!

What a joke!

I think B*witched have been the biggest success of any band to play at UCD Ball. When they came on and played "C'est la vie" the crowd went bananas. It was class, a real throw back to when we were growing up.

UCD Ball has always had a serious cheese factor, its what I love about it.

However, I do agree that its quite annoying that they haven't released any of the acts before the tickets went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Irate Sound System are definately playing. Most likely Jedward too as well as Calvin Harris.

http://www.ucdsu.ie/websitedocs/manifestoes/mikepatinside.jpg

Bottom right of the right hand page :) Lady Gaga haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

http://www.ucdsu.ie/websitedocs/manifestoes/mikepatinside.jpg

Bottom right of the right hand page :) Lady Gaga haha.

Haha Lady Gaga a "viable option". He really is living up to his word and not promising what can't be delivered. Maybe he could resurrect Elvis too for a shock duet at the end with Gaga

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

According to the UCDSU FB page, Jedward have confirmed to play the ball.

seriously, wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

1968 wrote: »
    According to the UCDSU FB page, Jedward have confirmed to play the ball.

seriously, wtf.

Noooooooo!

They better bring Vanilla Ice or they'll feel the wrath of my plastic pint glass.

There's 2 stages so hopefully the headliners of the other stage are somewhat decent

Ah this just sums up the SU perfectly. Something tells me its going to be very like that Nickelback gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Savage.. They're not headliners (on either stage) though for those who aren't happy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Don't worry, as far as I know they only have one song, so unless they sing it 10 times, it's going to be a pretty short appearance from Jedward.

Advertisement