Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ball early bird tickets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Jedward, oh dear. The other stage is a dance stage, where I'll be spending most of my time. Japanese Popstars and the guys who play the Button Factory on Thursdays are the only confirmed acts for that stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jedward?

Christ sake, i hope there is a good alternative when they are acting the prick on stage.

The Subs and Mix Hell are confirmed for the dance stage, with the headliner still to be announced. I am happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jedward?

Summon the Riffle and Archery clubs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Likes this. Couldn't be happier, incredible amounts cheese and hilarity will ensue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jello wrote: »
    The Subs and Mix Hell are confirmed for the dance stage, with the headliner still to be announced. I am happy!

Was pretty delighted when I heard that! :D

Fad wrote: »
    Was pretty delighted when I heard that! :D
    Yeah same, should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

It's pretty irrelevant who's up on stage for the UCD ball, hail, rain or shine, it's going to be epic and you will have a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin.

Yeah I got the text of UCD Ents.

"Jedward have been comfirmed for UCD Ball!"

I was tempted to text back "Up yours".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

jedward for the ball?
    So we got some x factor losers in? Granted I heard they didn't win x factor or whatever they were on..

Any real talent yet?
    I shall make sure to stay well and truly covered with a good stock of beer before during and after the ball! Was at is last year and had a great time. As others said. The music isn't too big but meh. It helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acceptablename

Jedward...........how upsetting! Whatever about "singing" (I feel dirty even using that word in reference to them), they better not speak or I will have serious difficulty controlling my rage! Lets hope the dance stage makes up for it, Japanese Popstars are a good start....keep it coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kevin_d590

Florence and the Machine was drifting about as confirmed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭t4k30

Everyone seems mad to buy their tickets, have you see the state of the tickets, flimsy pieces of paper, we should all just photocopy the tickets and spread the love. If you flooded UCD with enough photocopied tickets they would have to let everyone in because they wouldn't know who actually bought tickets and who just photocopied theirs.

t4k30 wrote: »
    Everyone seems mad to buy their tickets, have you see the state of the tickets, flimsy pieces of paper, we should all just photocopy the tickets and spread the love. If you flooded UCD with enough photocopied tickets they would have to let everyone in because they wouldn't know who actually bought tickets and who just photocopied theirs.
    Yeah they would! Never heard of e-tickets? Each one has a unique barcode, so once that's scanned at the entrance, anyone coming in after that with a photocopy won't get in because their ticket won't scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Jello wrote: »
    Yeah they would! Never heard of e-tickets? Each one has a unique barcode, so once that's scanned at the entrance, anyone coming in after that with a photocopy won't get in because their ticket won't scan.

Well, there is a method in the madness. If enough tickets don't scan, they could put it down to system error (Like Slane last year) and due to the pressure of a crowd (within which there are legitimate ticket holders) you could just get a general release. No one is going to risk a confrontation with someone who's paid €35, holding a real ticket and being accused of forgery.

From a security standpoint E-Tickets are rubbish. Time to start guessing the sequence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Its a bit of a shambles alright that they arent issuing real tickets at all. For 35e (37e online, is a 2e booking fee really needed?) youd expect even some sort of crappy ticket like those that all the main C&E Qsoc events get for their nights that cost 6-8euro.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Well, there is a method in the madness. If enough tickets don't scan, they could put it down to system error (Like Slane last year) and due to the pressure of a crowd (within which there are legitimate ticket holders) you could just get a general release. No one is going to risk a confrontation with someone who's paid €35, holding a real ticket and being accused of forgery.

From a security standpoint E-Tickets are rubbish. Time to start guessing the sequence :)
    Pretty much all tickets these days are like that though, if you go to ticketmaster and buy a proper ticket it will most likely have a bar code that will just be scanned when you go to the event in the same way as one you print off yourself would. Slane had 80,000+ people so you can't really compare it to the UCD ball. If it was such a bad system I doubt it would be used so frequently.

Advertisement