Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lotus Elise Crashes into Beacon Hotel

• 14-02-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

I was staying in the Beacon Hotel last week when early Friday morning ~4am a Lotus Elise smashed into the front steps of the hotel! It was loud enough to wake me on the 5th floor. He went into it backwards.
    Must have been in a hurry to check in!!

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-12.jpg

BTW the car park there is worth a walk around if you are bored (and you will be if you have cause to be out there!), there are some really nice motors on every floor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Not too often I hear a car crashing into a hotel...Hope they walked away from it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

stolen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Oh... eh.... a dog ran out in front of him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I heard the gardai saying there was no passenger (I could hear that from my room, didn't bother to go down to investigate further). The car door was left open when I got to look out my window so it may have been a "fast getaway" for the driver but cannot confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I had to go to the Beacon Clinic last week and think the car park is the same one the hotel uses-wow there were some cars there all right. Never seen so many Masaraati's(sorry i know its spelt wrong but on my mobile so can't google it!) in the one place.
    Hope no one was badly hurt in the crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I had to go to the Beacon Clinic last week and think the car park is the same one the hotel uses-wow there were some cars there all right. Never seen so many Masaraati's(sorry i know its spelt wrong but on my mobile so can't google it!) in the one place.
    Hope no one was badly hurt in the crash

Been in this car park before, their are quite a few flashy motors coming in and out of it alright. The Beacon hospital carpark is another one worth wondering into.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

I'd say the lotus driver arrived, threw the keys at the valet, and no tip..........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Bit early for the Valeters to be out :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

mondeo wrote: »
    Not too often I hear a car crashing into a hotel...Hope they walked away from it alright.
    You do get the odd train though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

alwaysadub wrote: »

Think Des cullen operates out there.. Not sure if he stores his cars there too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

EPIC FAIL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

mondeo wrote: »
    Been in this car park before, their are quite a few flashy motors coming in and out of it alright. The Beacon hospital carpark is another one worth wondering into.

http://www.carzone.ie/car-dealers/Dublin/Dreamcars?searchsource=browse

Dream Cars (formerly Des Cullen Cars) keep a lot of their stock in that car park, hence the flash

and a lot of the stock is going through these guys as well and propably being kept in Sandyford

http://www.carzone.ie/car-dealers/Dublin/Onyx-Cars,-Onyx-Style-Facilty?searchsource=browse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

At least it wasn't a Ferrari this time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

yeah, flippin' Public Transport - can't be trusted I tell ya........:D

Oh, nearly forgot: is the hotel o.k. ? :p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I stayed there a couple of months ago and there was a F360 Modena parked downstairs. Every single panel had a ding on it from people smacking their doors off it. Some serious metal parked up in that place though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

EPM wrote: »
    I stayed there a couple of months ago and there was a F360 Modena parked downstairs. Every single panel had a ding on it from people smacking their doors off it. Some serious metal parked up in that place though

you mean there were no parent and child bays!?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The guy traded his yellow 355 spider in to get that, and it came with all the dings! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

steve06 wrote: »
    The guy traded his yellow 355 spider in to get that, and it came with all the dings! :(

They sold it like that?!? :eek:

The thing was wrecked looking because of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Bet the driver blamed the hotel for stepping out in front of him.

They sold it like that?!? :eek:

The thing was wrecked looking because of them
    I know, he better have got a good deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

EPIC FAIL!

Why? Maybe thats what he was trying to do. Maybe the back end was on fire and he was trying to put it out.

That dented Ferrari is still there & it looks like it has not moved since I started staying here 4 weeks ago. What's worse there is a little sign above the car telling you where to get the keys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

That dented Ferrari is still there & it looks like it has not moved since I started staying here 4 weeks ago. What's worse there is a little sign above the car telling you where to get the keys!

LOL

The dented Ferrari isn't a garage car, it's owned by a guy who lives in an apartment there, that's why it's always in the same spot.

It looks waxed up has a layer of dust that suggests that it was waxed & then parked up. There are full hand prints all over the bonnet. The car has not moved I am sure of that, I suppose that the way ownership of a car like this goes.

Advertisement