Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco in Killarney?

Options
  • 14-02-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

I have memories of there being two Tescos in Killarney - one in the town center just off the main street, and another larger one on the outskirts just off a pretty main road. Can any kind soul pinpoint the big one on google maps for me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thoie wrote: »
    I have memories of there being two Tescos in Killarney - one in the town center just off the main street, and another larger one on the outskirts just off a pretty main road. Can any kind soul pinpoint the big one on google maps for me please?

re: Main/New 24hr Tesco, Killarney
    hey, wow you know I just done a quick look at googlemaps and it is actually wrong. They still have the OLD entrance into Pinewood Estate on the map (which is now closed off with a green area and footpath.

Look at google maps for: "Park Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry" ... their is a roundabout named "park road roundabout" on the main R876 ... now depending on what direction you would be arriving at - coming up toward said roundabout from countess road, you would be taking the second exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

kerry4sam wrote: »
    re: Main/New 24hr Tesco, Killarney
    hey, wow you know I just done a quick look at googlemaps and it is actually wrong. They still have the OLD entrance into Pinewood Estate on the map (which is now closed off with a green area and footpath.

Look at google maps for: "Park Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry" ... their is a roundabout named "park road roundabout" on the main R876 ... now depending on what direction you would be arriving at - coming up toward said roundabout from countess road, you would be taking the second exit.

Thanks, I'd looked at google maps and it didn't match my memory, and the Tesco store finder is down at the moment.

So it would be somewhere along Arbutus Drive here? Is it fairly self evident once you're on Arbutus Drive?

Thanks, I'd looked at google maps and it didn't match my memory, and the Tesco store finder is down at the moment.

So it would be somewhere along Arbutus Drive here? Is it fairly self evident once you're on Arbutus Drive?

Yeah it is just up there on then left as you drive up. You won't miss it. Right at the roundabout is a large sign advertising Tesco and the various other stores located in the complex.

Thanks a million.

Thanks a million.

Not a bother, on that road their is an Aldi just before the entrance to Tesco. If you were to drive behind the tesco then following the flow of traffic once you enter the MainGate you will find Marks & Spencers, NewLook, Argos, Carphone Warehouse, Dorothy Perkins and a few other stores. Their are plenty of car-spaces aswell.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    If you were to drive behind the tesco then following the flow of traffic once you enter the MainGate you will find Marks & Spencers, NewLook, Argos, Carphone Warehouse, Dorothy Perkins and a few other stores.

But then I might be murdered... :o

Going for a weekend away, and want to stop there to pick up some supplies. I will be allowed purchase alcohol, the makings of a fry, and possibly snack food. I am not allowed buy a lemon rinder, a special thing for peeling garlic, a set of 6 martini glasses, 30 euros worth of cheese, 2 DVDs and a food processor. I think if I start hitting clothes shops I may be murderised and have my car stolen by the other occupants. As long as there's not a hardware store we might be OK - last time we did this someone ended up with a 20kg bag of compost on their lap...

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

You're out of luck. Homebase. :D

Oh dear. Well, when my body turns up in the lake in a few weeks time, just tell the gardai not to bother with fingerprinting and questioning witnesses. If they can get the CCTV from Homebase around 5pm on Friday and figure out who was in the passenger seat, they'll have their man.

But then I might be murdered... :o

Going for a weekend away, and want to stop there to pick up some supplies. I will be allowed purchase alcohol, the makings of a fry, and possibly snack food. I am not allowed buy a lemon rinder, a special thing for peeling garlic, a set of 6 martini glasses, 30 euros worth of cheese, 2 DVDs and a food processor. I think if I start hitting clothes shops I may be murderised and have my car stolen by the other occupants. As long as there's not a hardware store we might be OK - last time we did this someone ended up with a 20kg bag of compost on their lap...
    Oliverdog wrote: »
    You're out of luck. Homebase. :D
    Oh dear. Well, when my body turns up in the lake in a few weeks time, just tell the gardai not to bother with fingerprinting and questioning witnesses. If they can get the CCTV from Homebase around 5pm on Friday and figure out who was in the passenger seat, they'll have their man.

like it, happy shopping Thoie, hope you don't get lost now en route :D

Don't worry. I've paid one of my five-times-weekly visits to Homebase this afternoon and have alerted the staff (they know me personally as I'm one of the few customers invited to their staff Christmas Party because of what I spend there). If anyone comes in at 5:00pm on a spending frenzy, they'll call the Guards and have him locked up for his own protection.
    Whatever happens, do enjoy your visit ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Oliverdog

Has the new Aldi made any difference to Killorglin.

It's not often you see the aisles jammed with customers but I guess they have made the slice of the cake a bit slimmer for the other two supermarkets in Killorglin, Spar and SuperValu. These two are well-respected stores and they have responded to the challenge with special offers etc. People do say that Aldi's fruit and vegetables are fresher and cheaper, and in these times price alone will draw customers. But there is nothing wrong with freshness in the other two stores either, especially when compared with Tesco in Killarney.
    Personally I think that Killorglin needed Aldi like Custer needed another Indian, but there are some who take the opposite view.

Advertisement