Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC in Athlone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I don't know how anybody can eat in KFC, any KFC I've been to has been filthy, the following will keep me away from KFC forever!!!

KFC has been fined almost £19,000 after a cockroach was spotted eating a chip in one of the fast food chain's busiest UK restaurants. The insect was on a counter near takeaway boxes and tongs used to serve chicken at a branch in London's Leicester Square, an environmental health officer said.

The Westminster City Council inspector also saw a mouse, flies and dried chicken blood on the floor, City of Westminster Magistrates' Court heard.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/KFC-Cockroach-Eating-Chip-At-Leicester-Square-Kentucky-Fried-Chicken-Restaurant-Costs-Chain-19000/Article/201005215629089?lpos=Business_First_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15629089_KFC%3A_Cockroach_Eating_Chip_At_Leicester_Square_Kentucky_Fried_Chicken_Restaurant_Costs_Chain_%3F19%2C000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Did you say "Dryed" chickens blood??... fúckin sadists!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

deccurley wrote: »
    Leave the poor fella alone, jesus only knows plenty of Athlone people drive to Galway to get pissed on scabby pints of ****e they could get in any pub at home. Not exactly the same thing I know, but the same principle.

Well that is not true. For one thing, Galway has a number of beer bars and one brewpub meaning you can get beer in Galway that you can not get anywhere in Westmeath let alone Athlone.

The beer I am talking about are real Irish beers and not foreign owned breweries like Guinness, Carlsberg etc.

That said, Athlone does actually boast the only physical homebrew shop in the country :D

Saruman wrote: »
    That said, Athlone does actually boast the only physical homebrew shop in the country :D

Homebrew.... :)

I must start doing that again, I used to have three barrels on the go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Saruman wrote: »
    Well that is not true. For one thing, Galway has a number of beer bars and one brewpub meaning you can get beer in Galway that you can not get anywhere in Westmeath let alone Athlone.

The beer I am talking about are real Irish beers and not foreign owned breweries like Guinness?????????????????, Carlsberg etc.

Okay well if you're going to go there, then do you realise that one of those real Irish beers (Galway Hooker) is actually brewed only a few miles up the road in Roscommon? Also, there are also a couple of bars in Athlone that serve most of the beers you'll get in the Bierhaus or any of those beer bars in Galway.

Anyway I digress. Aren't we meant to be discussing Chicken?? :pac:

• Advertisement

Anyway I digress. disgusting Chicken?? :pac:

fyp ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Okay well if you're going to go there, then do you realise that one of those real Irish beers (Galway Hooker) is actually brewed only a few miles up the road in Roscommon? Also, there are also a couple of bars in Athlone that serve most of the beers you'll get in the Bierhaus or any of those beer bars in Galway.

Anyway I digress. Aren't we meant to be discussing Chicken?? :pac:

Indeed I know all about Galway hooker. Brewer Aidan is a top guy and gave me a free T-shirt and pint of their new Pilsner at Easterfest in Cork.

What bars in Athlone serve Irish Craft beer? I do not know of one that even serves Galway Hooker even though it is brewed up the road :D
    That said, Athlone is a bit out of my way so I rarely go there to go drinking.

And back on track, I like KFC (in small doses) myself and was very surprised to hear there is none in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

Me and my friend eat there last monday,,no kiddding it was warmer outside.......absolutely freezing ...nothing short of a disgrace.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lenny1020

That KFC outlet is known for more than Chicken .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

To the OP, your choice where you get and how far you travel, and negative comments against you to be ignored, glad you enjoyed your trip.
    In general, I like my treats and KFC were always up there when abroad however have to agree with the general sentiment towards this particular branch, been there twice as I thought maybe the first time was a bad day and I have to say everything was rank, perhaps there are better words in the English language but I think rank summarises it nicely.
    My criticism is towards the KFC not my fine fellow boardsie;)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I don't think KFC is that good, but their corn on the cob is the best thing ever!

Advertisement