Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Nokia 2630

• 14-02-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I am looking for some information regarding the nokia 2630. My screen has recently cracked, leaving a black screen when the fone is turned on, so the fone is uselless. Now I have no problem going out to buy a new fone, but there are extremely important text messages on the old fone that i need badly and am just wondering if there is any way of retrieving them??

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hmmm that handset can only be connected in a nokia service centre, and the internal data transfer only transfer contacts, calenders and notes.

You can mark all messages in the folder, but it only lets you move them to a different folder on the phone rather than forward them.

Two options i see, are get the screen changed, texts should still be on it afterwards. And the other option is that some of the old text may be on the sim its self. Putting the sim into another phone would let you view the texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Thanks Davy, info much appreciated. I wonder how much it would cost to change the screen?

€30-€40. Its a cheap enough screen, and fairly quick to replace

Do I just bring the fone into my local Meteor store and they send it away, or do I send it direct myself?

You can send it away yourself. No need to go to the meteor store. You can drop it in to the repair centre, depending where your based.

If you were handy technically, you could prob do it yourself.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Davy, your help is greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement