Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Your service does not allow access to this number

Options
  • 14-02-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

3pay in credit. Can receive calls. Cannot browse. send messages or call. Get the message "Your service does not allow access to this number" regardless of what number I try to call (Cust service, 171, landline, mobi, etc.) Have been on to India three times and am awaiting call back from Level 2 technical support for the past five days. They've changed the SIM. Phone works okay with other SIMS. Other phones don't work with my SIM. When I check barring status of outgoing calls, phone tells me it's active for outgoing calls. However when I try to deactivate I get message to contact service provider. I cannot recall activating barring. Anyway wouldn't 3 be able to deactivate the bar or at least reset the barring password to the default 0000.

Similar story or solution to tell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

go in to a 3 store and dont leave till your problem is fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Easysteve

I have exactly the same problem...I dont remember activating any barring on my phone or on my account...I spent 2 hours trying to get this fixed (call to india, (who just lied to me) call back from scotland, trip to store, new sim, tried swapping phones nothing.....any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Easysteve

Just found this and it worked for me.....you need to call your service provider and find out what your 4 digit pin is or set one then you call the following.

*33*pin# to turn on call barring
    #33*pin# to turn off.

Replace pin with your code.

To bar incoming calls replace 33 with 35.

Why couldnt 3 tell me this yesterday....unbelievable...i still have no idea how it happened in the first place

Advertisement