Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japanese RPGs on the 360?

• 14-02-2010 11:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

I've been looking around to find some good JRPGs on the 360.

Do you have any recommendations?

I was thinking of maybe trying Tales Of Vesperia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

We have a JRPG forum here... you should have a look around there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've heard good things about Tales of Vesperia, I enjoyed the demo. The only 360 J-RPG I've played for any length of time is Lost Odyssey. It's really good, from two of the big names behind Final Fantasy (Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu).

And Final Fantasy XIII is out on the 9th of March!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Mr E wrote: »
    We have a JRPG forum here... you should have a look around there...

I did. There didn't seem to be many Xbox related threads.

I suppose I could have started this thread there, but this forum is much more active.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah but this forum is boring and the JRPG nerds like me hang around there.

You are probably best to hang on for FFXIII. I can see it getting slatedby some reviewers but I have a feeling it's going to be great. To tide you over the best games are Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata. Lost Odyssey is a love or hate game. I loved it but others hated it and it takes a very long time before the game really gets going and becomes good. I've heard Star Ocean is also good, great battle system but awful characters, story and voice actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

A huge +1 for Lost Odyssey, but then again I'm not your typical JRPG fanboi, so it might not be to your tastes... (the only FF game I've played is X, and I gave up on that after an hour)
    It should be dirt cheap these days anyway, so you might as well give it a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Eternal Sonata is excellent and can be picked up dirk cheap.Same goes for Lost Odyssey. Tales of Vespasia is easy to find and very enjoyable. Star Ocean has a lot of good things going for it but has its flaws,still worth a go. Infinite Undiscovery is o.k. Last Remnant is virtually unplayable imo.
    Blue Dragon is solid,looks good but has infantile characters,story and is a bit basic. Enchanted arms is a pretty good game but looks like a PS2 game and suffers from some O.T.T. uber camp characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I would say Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey are a must buy, two fantastic games. Eternal Sonata is a game based around the music of Chopin and has a great story to go with it.

While Lost Odyssey is made by the chap who made the first 6 Final Fantasy's and shifted to make a new company. As far as I'm aware it is the only Xbox 360 game with 4 Discs and is an excellant game. Havn't played it since it first came out but I was hooked onto it for weeks.

Bought Blue Dragon for 6 euro I think Xtra Vision, played like 2 hours and gave up. It was not enjoyable at all but for 6 euro you can't go wrong.

Also I've been thinking about getting Tales of Vesparia anyone recommend this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've heard Star Ocean is also good, great battle system but awful characters, story and voice actors.

True, I bought Star Ocean after reading here on boards somewhere that is was great, after the 1st 40 min cutscene, I saved and turned it off, I have never done that before in a game, I nearly always give the game a good chance. But I couldn't take anymore of it.

Lost Odyssey isn't bad, I quite enjoyed it, it was good to pass the time, I loved the battles. Never finished due to the 4th disc problem, the game can hang when you are on the 4th disc, looking on the net, quite a few people had the same problem, even replacing the 4th disc didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

+1 for Lost Odyssey. Just completed it about 5 mins ago too :D Great game, good story and characters. Also enjoyed Enchanted Arms though I vaguely remember hating some really gay character in it. Other than that, it was a nice change from the usual battle system. If you can hold out for another month FF13 will be out

Advertisement