Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions regarding license

Options
  • 14-02-2010 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Few quick questions.

Im transferring my gun license from one gun to another gun of the same specs... single barrel... I just have a few questions

At heading 3.4 in the form (Firearm Substitution)... there is no "Other" option or no where to say that the old firearm is to be destroyed. Im wondering if I should just write that down on a peice of paper and staple it to the page? Or am I missing something? I want to get this right the first time round. I just dont want this to come back in 10 weeks to be told I filled it in wrong or I should have got another form or something.

And lastly, who do I drop this into at the barrack. I would have thought it was whoevers head of the firearms department... (here in Dundalk I believe its a woman called Frieda), but yet I see alot of you guys talking about "the super".... so Im a wee bit confused. I wonder does anyone in Dundalk know the person I have to see... can you tell me what they're like? Im praying to God I dont get someone whos grumpy or moody :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Damo123 wrote: »
    At heading 3.4 in the form (Firearm Substitution)... there is no "Other" option or no where to say that the old firearm is to be destroyed.

How are you disposing of the firearm. Is it through a dealer or to the Gardai directly. If through a dealer then tick the "Transfer Of Firearm To Dealer" box. After you trade/give it to him its his responnsibility. If you are surrendering it to the Gardai leave that section blank and ask at the desk what to write in that section. Best to have a note/letter written out stating your intention to dispose of the firearm incase they need it.
    And lastly, who do I drop this into at the barrack........

You hand it into the Firearms Officer. Any Garda can accept your application but its best to ring ahead and check their duty times, so as to catch him/her. (FO) You do not need to see the Super. Your FO takes in the application, does all the checks and passes the application on up the food chain.

Afraid i don't know Dundalk district so i'm a blank when it comes to names. Sorry.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement