Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could squats wear out the whole body?

• 14-02-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Just was doing my usual circuit tonight and decided to add weight to something and chose the squat because it's a great exercise. Before I had finished I noticed that I was struggling more on the bench and chin ups than I usually would.
    Just wondering if working my legs a bit harder than usual would explain me loosing a bit of strength later on other exercises or would it have to be caused by something else

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Probably. If you've gotten used to the routine changing up the squat would have a knock on effect alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Most definitely.
    If you exhausted yourself doing squats - you are not going to set any bench records on the same night guaranteed.

The ONLY thing you could try and it will not be a miracle but could help would be to consume a carb rich drink before, during and after your session.

You will still get tired but not quite as fast. It used to work for me but at the time I was not doing circuits or a mix of upper and lower body.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i think everyone at the single lifts can attest to how much of a mindfck squats are before bench!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

i can leg press 200kg 15 times x 3 sets BUT i CANT do my body weight in squats then(75kg). my back starts to give out before my legs! i have a six back and do core strenghtening exercises regularly!

Why am i having this difficulty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

a 6 pack does not mean your abs are strong, it just means you have a low % of bodyfat, work on lower back and ab strength.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

i can leg press 200kg 15 times x 3 sets BUT i CANT do my body weight in squats then(75kg). my back starts to give out before my legs! i have a six back and do core strenghtening exercises regularly!

What "core strengthening" excercises do you do? If its mainly concetrated on abs, its not going to do a lot for your lower back.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Most definitely.
    If you exhausted yourself doing squats - you are not going to set any bench records on the same night guaranteed.

The ONLY thing you could try and it will not be a miracle but could help would be to consume a carb rich drink before, during and after your session.

Thanks for the replies, im not really worried about sorting it out, I will get strong enough to handle that extra weight in my circuit soon, just wanted to make sure that me feeling weaker made sense cause they're were other possible reasons I just wanted to rule out

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

I seriously doubt you are using anywhere near a full ROM for your leg press at 200kg x 15 if you struggle with a 75kg squat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Aye, you should squat more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

i think everyone at the single lifts can attest to how much of a mindfck squats are before bench!

preach it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Considering your pushing the weight at 45 degrees it's always going to be easier than squats.

Advertisement