Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights commissioner

Options
  • 14-02-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I am wondering if anyone knows what the 'exceptional circumstances' are to extend the period that you can bring a case to the rights commissioner with regard to non-payment of wages if the original 6 month period has expired.

I am not looking for legal advice, just some general ideas to see if i have any hope of a successful application!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Hurler85 wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone knows what the 'exceptional circumstances' are to extend the period that you can bring a case to the rights commissioner with regard to non-payment of wages if the original 6 month period has expired.

I am not looking for legal advice, just some general ideas to see if i have any hope of a successful application!!!

While the application might be successful the judgement will be witheld if you cannot prove exceptional circumstances. Each case has its own merits.
    It is not a easy test to pass. You would need some genuine reasons.

if you can successfully explain the time gap between the end of the 6 mths and the actual lodgement it would help. However if you have lodged papers against the same company within the correct 6 months for other greivances than the company will mention this at hearing and if your excuse is you were sick then this will not be as favourable depending on the context of course.

The company mght be able to pinpoint a date and time where you were able to lodge papers or attend a legal brief and this will weigh heavily against you.

Advertisement