Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to do this?

Options
  • 15-02-2010 12:19am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I might be in totally the wrong forum, so forgive me if I am.

Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible to use Photoshop or some other program to digitally alter a picture to specific parameters. You know how pictures can be created of how a person might look in 40 years? Would it be possible to do something similar to show how a person might look if they gained/lost weight? If a person provided a full length picture of themselves and wanted to see what they would look like 10, 20, 50, 100 pounds lighter. Is that doable? Easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Yep, photoshop would be ideal for that sort of thing. It takes alot of work and understanding of the program to get a good result.

Getting a program to do it for you, not so possible. Im sure there are tools out there, but i cant say if they would be any use as there would be(one can guess) a number of factors that you may have to take into consideration to get the right result.

Stance
    figure
    posture
    etc..

All these things would have to be taken into consideration in order for the application to work right.

I've never looked into this, so i can only give a rough guess

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Cheers red_ice!

Advertisement