Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Of Ireland Licenses and Fixtures 2010

• 15-02-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Due out tomorrow, obviously Cork City will be given extra time to submit there accounts, etc...

Licenses out in the morning and fixtures in the afternoon I've been told, also been told we've got a Premier License and he's a 100% on that. Now praying a team doesn't get a Premier License and we go up by default.:cool:

Any other clubs hear about their licenses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels had a PD licence last year, so I can't see it being different this season.

cork will get a licence, because if they don't, then Quintas won't invest/take over, and then the FAI will have nothing in Cork.

CCFC licence is nailed on.

The timing of the release of the story to RTE is nothing more than choreography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Des wrote: »
    Shels had a PD licence last year, so I can't see it being different this season.

Supposedly something about Tolka this season, but that's obviously been sorted since we got a Premier License.

Supposely something about Tolka this season, but that's obviously been sorted since we got a Premier License.

Gav, seriously.

There's going to be a story in that LOI Holigan thread about a Shels fan killing another Shels fan at a match if you keep it up.:mad::mad:

Gav, seriously.

There's going to be a story in that LOI Holigan thread about a Shels fan killing another Shels fan at a match if you keep it up.:mad::mad:

RIP Des.;)

What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

cork will get a licence, because if they don't, then Quintas won't invest/take over, and then the FAI will have nothing in Cork.

CCFC licence is nailed on.

The timing of the release of the story to RTE is nothing more than choreography.

FORAS have applied for a 1st Div licence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Gav, seriously.

Des. Yesterday:

cahnt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Anyone know what times the announcements will be? Or what site I should be F5ing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Bohs V Sporting Fingal will be the the first home game for Bohs of the season. The next two Fingal games are away from home.

It should be a good and interesting season ahead.

Paulw wrote: »
    Bohs V Sporting Fingal will be the the first home game for Bohs of the season. The next two Fingal games are away from home.

It should be a good and interesting season ahead.
    Where are Fingal playing home games?

The Santry Siro wasn't granted a PD Licence last season, what has changed in the meantime?

I'm interested in the answer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The Santry Siro wasn't granted a PD Licence last season, what has changed in the meantime?

Des I think you know yourself that the answer is nothing!

• Advertisement

There's a fudge afoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Looking like CCFC will be in the Premier next year.

The FAI are beyond a disgrace at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't be so sure - they could still be wound up at the high court today and it doesn't look like any takeover's been agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They're playing in Morton.

Not sure what has changed, etc. I haven't been in recently. But, I believe that changes have been made, and will be in place for PD games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have the fixtures actually been announced yet or is this purely speculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That_Guy wrote: »
    Have the fixtures actually been announced yet or is this purely speculation?

certain teams were told who they playing 1st.

Bohs- Fingal
    Rovers- Rovers
    Pats -Cork/UCD/Drogs/Shels/Bray
    Galway/Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

I answered that question a month ago.
    There's no fudge. And I don't think they applied for a premier licence last season.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    certain teams were told who they playing 1st.

Bohs- Fingal
    Rovers- Rovers
    Pats -Cork/UCD/Drogs/Shels/Bray
    Galway/Dundalk
    Why only certain teams?

Sligo Rovers - Shamrock Rovers

For anybody not bothered about name games, I think it's the above.

it's Rovers - Shams tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

it's Rovers - Shams tbh

Did they relocate to Drogheda? ;)

it's Rovers - Shams tbh

Enough shams in the league as it is....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

it's Rovers - Shams tbh

It's none of your concern to be honest. This is a premier division issue.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

stovelid wrote: »
    For anybody not bothered about name games, I think it's the above.

It'd be 2003 since Rovers were at home in the PD first now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dfx- wrote: »

:pac: ''home''

Couldn't resist :D

adamski8 wrote: »
    Anyone know what times the announcements will be? Or what site I should be F5ing

Be after 2pm sometime now, thanks to Cork and they're fudging in the High Court.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Why only certain teams?

Dunno, Pats werent told so im guessing we have one of those 4.

dfx- wrote: »

Sligo again too.

Bit of spice in this time I'd say. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Drogs -v- UCD apparently first game. I think the pitch in Morton has been extended for the coming year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

cork city winding up hearing in HIgh Court not starting till 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

We believe our first two games are as follows
    Waterford V Youths
    Youths V Shels

oldyouth wrote: »
    We believe our first two games are as follows
    Waterford V Youths
    Youths V Shels

Is it true yous are playing Sunday afternoons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Is it true yous are playing Sunday afternoons?
    Don't get me going on that one:mad:

We applied to have all our games for Sunday afternoons. Reasons given were not having to pay players for loss of wages, floodlight expenses but mainly because the cold wet 'summer' evenings we had last year kept many people away

Anyway, I believe the FAI will not allow us play every game on Sundays if it doesn't suit some of our opposition

We applied to have all our games for Sunday afternoons. Reasons given were not having to pay players for loss of wages, floodlight expenses but mainly because the cold wet 'summer' evenings we had last year kept many people away

Anyway, I believe the FAI will not allow us play every game on Sundays if it doesn't suit some of our opposition
    Sounds good to me! Everytime I go there it seems like it freezing and rainy.
    The stand is in perfect position to make sure every supporter doesnt get any shelter from it as well.

Even sitting at the back row doesnt guarantee a dry night.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Couple of things here, if youll excuse my ignorance.

Firstly, whats the deal with these yearly licensing issues. The LOI is the only league i ever hear of these problems, and it seems to be a very nervous time for pretty much every team, every single year.
    Why is it so pronounced in Ireland?

Secondly, Certain teams have been told who theyre playing? WTF? Thats the most ludicrous thing ive ever heard. Surely the announcement should be made all at once.

Once again the FAI show themselves to be nothing more than a corrupt bunch of amateur politicans with nothing good to give to football.

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    Firstly, whats the deal with these yearly licensing issues.
    I think every team that wants to compete in UEFA tournaments have to get a UEFA Licence, in any country, it's a matter of course for most.

I'm not sure, but I think the EPL are introducing it soon.

Teams have to meet certain off the field criteria to gain a licence. Budgets have to be approved, grounds have to be approved etc etc.
    The LOI is the only league i ever hear of these problems, and it seems to be a very nervous time for pretty much every team, every single year.

Most clubs will be sure they'll get the licence they apply for. Monaghan for instance, would be pretty sure or getting a First Division Licence, and wouldn't apply for a PD one, Shels appled for and got a PD Licence last year, same this year. A PD licence is a FD Licence with bells on really.

Some leagues have no licencing structure.

I think all should, I doubt Pompey would have gotten a Premier League licence for instance.

Now, it's up to the Association to make sure it's properly and fairly implemented, which in Ireland is not the case
    Why is it so pronounced in Ireland?
    Because, most of our clubs are run extremely close to the line. For instance, wages to players must be no more than 65% of a clubs turnover, Bohs ran the risk of going over thatc recently, and such would not have been granted a licence, but it seems they've dealt with that with creative accounting, or by moral means.
    Secondly, Certain teams have been told who theyre playing? WTF? Thats the most ludicrous thing ive ever heard. Surely the announcement should be made all at once.
    Hmm, maybe.

Some clubs, like Sligo Rovers, may have to budget extra money for their first week if it's away in Dublin, that would also mean possibly a days less training due to travel, so they'll get their lads back a day early.

I don't really have a problem with that.
    Once again the FAI show themselves to be nothing more than a corrupt bunch of amateur politicans with nothing good to give to football.
    the fact that teams know where and who they are playing in their first game wouldn't fall under that, for me.

Usually fixture lists come out a good month before a saeason starrs, in most normal leagues, but here, the league is scheduled to start in 2 weeks, and we still don't know the full make-up of each division.

The licence is a great Idea, if a club clearly cant complete its commitments it doesnt get a licence therefore get to participate in the league, this is a UEFA thing btw we only ones who actually do it.

Theres a big shiny pdf about it im sure the shels fans will link to it as they all have it laminated beside their keyboards, prolly got chewmarks on it from frustration :D

Cheers Des, i just assumed that most leagues would have something similar in place.
    Especially when you consider Leagues such as the premiership and the SPL (and many top leagues in europe now) are seperate entities from their national FA's and technically operate on an "Invitational" basis.

I think it was Falkirk who were refused entry into the SPL a few years back due to the ridiculous 10,000 seater stadium rule they had in place for example.

Other than that, and the fixture list falls into this category too. Surely they have to sort this a lot earlier than they do?
    If the League is due to start in 2 weeks, then they have left it far too late and makes the whole system look amateur in my opinion. You have already mentioned "political" situations such as Cork and SF.

As i say, the FAI have nothing good to offer football.

Some clubs, like Sligo Rovers, may have to budget extra money for their first week if it's away in Dublin, that would also mean possibly a days less training due to travel, so they'll get their lads back a day early.

I don't really have a problem with that.

the fact that teams know where and who they are playing in their first game wouldn't fall under that, for me.

Usually fixture lists come out a good month before a saeason starrs, in most normal leagues, but here, the league is scheduled to start in 2 weeks, and we still don't know the full make-up of each division.
    I do have a problem with it, if its the case that not every club has been told what their first fixture is. But if they know their first fixtures why not the rest???
    Is it because they dont know who will be in the league? If so I dont see how they can make a fixture list and therefore how all the clubs can know their first fixture.

Of course the fixture list should have been out long ago but I think all teams should be treated the same regardless of if they have to travel etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

As far as I know, we (Athlone Town) are away to new boys Salthill in the opening game of the season ... which is fitting as last year we started off away to the then League new boys Mervue.

Think we're home to Waterford and away to Derry after that, or something similar ... provisionally!

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's not Sunday afternoon tbh, pain in the arse for travelling fans and espeically those of us who work weekends (got Fridatys off:P).

Theres a big shiny pdf about it im sure the shels fans will link to it as they all have it laminated beside their keyboards, prolly got chewmarks on it from frustration :D

It's on the FAI website, think I quoted the whole book when sending a ranting email to the FAI last season.:D

Couple of things here, if youll excuse my ignorance.

Silly final sentence considering your first one. I'm glad Des had the answers for you.

Silly final sentence considering your first one. I'm glad Des had the answers for you.

Why so?

Des gave me answers regarding the licensing structure, an are which i was referring to my ignorance of.

However he certainly done nothing to change my opinion of the FAI, that is something im fairly certain of.

Silly final sentence considering your first one.

Maybe corrupt is hard, but double standarding fools who couldn't organise a pish-up in a brewery and don't give a rats arse about the League would be a fair statement.

I'm being honest here, and not having a go at anybody but it irritates me when people who don't support the league slag off the FAI's management of it.

Why does it matter to people other than another excuse to ignore our league?

I somehow doubt that if the FAI managed the league adequately, we'd see all naysaysers suddenly take up season-tickets.

Fair enough to criticize in the context of the national team, but not the league.

As I said, not a crack at any particular poster, just an observation.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm being honest here, and not having a go at anybody but it irritates me when people who don't support the league slag off the FAI's management of it.

Why does it matter to people other than another excuse to ignore our league?

I somehow doubt that if the FAI managed the league adequately, we'd see all naysaysers suddenly take up season-tickets.

Fair enough to criticize in the context of the national team, but not the league.

As I said, not a crack at any particular poster, just an observation.

Not taking it as a personal dig, but i feel i must justify myself here.

Everyone knows my view on only supporting one team, i simply dont buy into the ability that many people have to supposedly support 2 or 3 (sometimes more!) teams.

However, i did used to go and watch Finn Harps when i lived in Donegal, on a semi regular basis simply so i could go and watch some football. So i do have an interest in Irish football, even if it is in a "non-supporting" kind of level.

On your point, i actually believe the opposite, if people where able to put some trust and faith into the FAI and how they run the competition then it would win back a fair percentage of those "Floating" supporters.

Where are the damned fixtures!!!!!!

In my opinion, the way the league is being run by the FAI is the best that we can do at the moment. Licencing was never going to sort everything out in a couple of years. I reckon, in a few more years, we will be in a much better state. It should also be remembered that all clubs in the league sign up to licencing and the ideals of licencing. The fact that some clubs ignore parts of it cannot be blamed on the FAI.
    I agree with Stovelid. It is irritating when ignorant people make comments.
    Unfortunately, we also have league of Ireland supporters who make ignorant comments on things before they even happen.
    This forum is a notch above fool.ie and let's hope it stays that way.

On your point, i actually believe the opposite, if people where able to put some trust and faith into the FAI and how they run the competition then it would win back a fair percentage of those "Floating" supporters.

We'll agree to differ.

The clubs have to play their part and wise up and strict and decent managment is required by the FAI to punish them if they don't.

I already feel dirty writing a post supporting the FAI... :)

Hopefully it's not Sunday afternoon tbh, pain in the arse for travelling fans and espeically those of us who work weekends (got Fridatys off:P).
    Why is sunday afternoon bad for away fans? Obviously in your case it is but i thought it would be harder for fans to make a 7.45 match on a friday in wexford travelling from dublin. If you take it most people finish work at 5 on a friday :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement