Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Of Ireland Licenses and Fixtures 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

In my opinion, the way the league is being run by the FAI is the best that we can do at the moment. Licencing was never going to sort everything out in a couple of years. I reckon, in a few more years, we will be in a much better state. It should also be remembered that all clubs in the league sign up to licencing and the ideals of licencing. The fact that some clubs ignore parts of it cannot be blamed on the FAI.

Thats all fine and well. But why wait untill a fortnight before the league starts before decidng on what licenses teams get? This should be sorted long before now.
    I agree, its not the FAI's fault that teams seem to igore parts of it, however they should be dealt with, swiftly. Dont let it hang over the new season leaving clubs and fans unsure of where they might be come the opening day.

Leaving it so late causes nothing but uncertainty for clubs, fans and those of us who are looking in, making the league, and its organisers look amateur.
    Those running the league are in place to make the league A) Better for those involved, clubs, fans, player etc.
    B)More appealing to those of us who are "ignorant" in order to win more followers/revenue for the parties mentioned in A).
    I honestly dont believe they are doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

adamski8 wrote: »
    Why is sunday afternoon bad for away fans? Obviously in your case it is but i thought it would be harder for fans to make a 7.45 match on a friday in wexford travelling from dublin. If you take it most people finish work at 5 on a friday :confused:

I got stuck in the traffic to Electric Picnic either last season or the one before on my way to Wexford for a Friday fixture and that was a right pain in the ballacks, so I for one welcome the Sunday afternoon fixture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

@eirebear

While I don't agree with the FAI fudge over Cork which seems to result from a desire to see Leeside PD football no matter what, the FAI have in fairness acted decisively about Derry. In the case of clubs like Bohs, they did at least have the balls to publicly embargo them and it would appear to be a case of slowly closing off licensing loopholes as they are exploited.

While I'm a massive critic of the FAI, something like licensing (as said) will probably take a while to be fine-tuned to eradicate financial practice that has become commonplace for clubs.

It's crucial that the FAI don't fudge and have the vision to punish miscreants. My fear is that the league will always be second in priority to the boys in green though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

FAI bottled the Cork sityeashun.

Licence dependent on takeover.
    Takeover dependent on Premier Licence.

Yet another reprieve granted.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1404-independent-club-licencing-committee-awards-2010-licences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cork given an extra week, the FAI are cheats.

John Delaney & co have to be up there with the worst form of human beings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What an absolute joke, the FAI are just ****ing cowards. Derry City should be consulting their solicitors right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

It's an absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fh041205 wrote: »
    Drogs get premier licence http://droghedaunited.ie/news/single/id/1653

:):):)

Those seats installed in the away end yet? Nah I doubt it, a year overdue and yous manage to still get a Premier License.:rolleyes:

As for the FAI on Cork, f*ck what a pack of bottlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fúck sake.

To all non-LoI people reading this.

Do yourselves a favour and never ever even think about going near a LoI game.

It's a farce of a league, it's run by clowns, it doesn't deserve your support.

Don't give your money to these corrupt crooks, keep it and take a trip over to Germany or somewhere, see a real football league, run properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Delighted that the hard work by the people behind the scenes in Longford ended up getting a Premier License, on the other hand to the see the constant FAI ****e over Crok makes me sick. I wonder if the roles were reversed and Longford or any other number of teams were in the position Cork now find themselves in if they would be so caring...

I think ****ing not. **** you Deputy Gavin **** you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm being honest here, and not having a go at anybody but it irritates me when people who don't support the league slag off the FAI's management of it.

Why does it matter to people other than another excuse to ignore our league?

I somehow doubt that if the FAI managed the league adequately, we'd see all naysaysers suddenly take up season-tickets.

Fair enough to criticize in the context of the national team, but not the league.

As I said, not a crack at any particular poster, just an observation.

While I can't ever see me getting a season ticket, I would quite like to go to a football match now and then, but there's no way I'd ever do anything to support the FAI as it's run now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm being honest here, and not having a go at anybody but it irritates me when people who don't support the league slag off the FAI's management of it.

Why, they're fúcking right about that, the way the FAI mismanage the League of Ireland is absolutely fúcking farcical, they are right to slag them off, they cúnting deserve it.

Year after year after year of fudge and corruption, now some Cork based numpties are holding the bleeding league to ransom, and the FAI are letting them.

Fúck that, everyone needs to know, everyone needs to be told how horribly dishonest the people who are charged with running our national league actually are.

These fraudulent reprobates deserve to be shown up for exactly what they are. These underhand, unprincipled racketeers should have their misdeeds published everywhere.

Nobody who supports any LoI team can look down on people who enjoy their football away from our stadia. Good luck to them, at least they don't have to put up with this yearly pantomime of blight.

It's fúcking sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Des wrote: »
    Fúck sake.

To all non-LoI people reading this.

Do yourselves a favour and never ever even think about going near a LoI game.

It's a farce of a league, it's run by clowns, it doesn't deserve your support.

Don't give your money to these corrupt crooks, keep it and take a trip over to Germany or somewhere, see a real football league, run properly.

I guess Des wont be going to any Shels games again this year ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Töpher wrote: »
    FAI bottled the Cork sityeashun.

Licence dependent on takeover.
    Takeover dependent on Premier Licence.

Yet another reprieve granted.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1404-independent-club-licencing-committee-awards-2010-licences

Correct decision in my opinion. They have obviously taken expert advice on this. If the takeover bid / Court case is successful, then the players and revenue and creditors will be paid ( or due to be paid ) in full. We can moan all we like, but the most important people here, the staff, and the not so important people, the Revenue, agree with it.
    My preferred option is for the FORAS takeover. However, in that situation, I cannot see the staff and Revenue getting what they are owed.
    Also, there is provision in licencing for sanctions to be taken against Cork, once the case is finalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Those seats installed in the away end yet? Nah I doubt it, a year overdue and yous manage to still get a Premier License.:rolleyes:

As for the FAI on Cork, f*ck what a pack of bottlers.

A bit like shels at the end of a season :)

Des wrote: »
    Where are Fingal playing home games?

The Santry Siro wasn't granted a PD Licence last season, what has changed in the meantime?

I'm interested in the answer here.

The grass was cut and we put some jacks role in the bogs.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    certain teams were told who they playing 1st.

Bohs- Fingal
    Rovers- Rovers
    Pats -Cork/UCD/Drogs/Shels/Bray
    Galway/Dundalk

Thats a tough one for pats :D

I guess Des wont be going to any Shels games again this year ;):D

And the other naysayers will be skipping Ireland games. Not. :D

As for the FAI: other clubs have been forced to take their medicine. It beggars belief the extent to which Cork are allowed to keep stumbling on. It's a woeful failure of leadership and vision and makes a mockery of their bleating about incidents in the international arena.

• Advertisement

And the other naysayers will be skipping Ireland games. Not. :D

As for the FAI: other clubs have been forced to take their medicine. It beggars belief the extent to which Cork are allowed to keep stumbling on. It's a woeful failure of leadership and vision and makes a mockery of their bleating about incidents in the international arena.

Are you not jumping the gun here. Obviously, the FAI cannot sanction Cork City yet. I'd imagine they will be heavily sanctioned ( almost definite fine and probably points deduction ) once the case is dealt with by the court.

I don't see why you must keep bringing that up when I've explained it at least twice. It is not possible for the FAI to refuse us a license on the basis of the ground. Its the Fai's mess, nothing to do with the licensing.

I don't see why you must keep bringing that up when I've explained it at least twice. It is not possible for the FAI to refuse us a license on the basis of the ground. Its the Fai's mess, nothing to do with the licensing.

The FAI have applied for planning permission to make the ground improvements that are required - 1200 seats, new entrance etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

The FAI have applied for planning permission to make the ground improvements that are required - 1200 seats, new entrance etc.

Good stuff, I assume they will be offering the same ground improvments to all clubs.

It was 1100 seats originally. That may have been knocked down to 900 now from what I've heard. Also rebuilding the toilets. New entrance???:confused:

Fixtures out tomorrow according to our club site:

Tuesday, 16 February 2010 12:46

The fixture list for the 2010 League of Ireland season will be released tomorrow, Wednesday February 17th. The FAI has announced that the fixture list will be issued to members of the media at 12noon. It will be published here shortly after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wonderful. So we'll have a fixture list and table littered with * before the season's even begun.

That was in the clause of Drogs getting a License last season, and they've only got around to do the seats now.:rolleyes:
    doncarlos wrote: »
    Good stuff, I assume they will be offering the same ground improvments to all clubs.

FAI own United Park and as it's been said it's up to them to get work done, which imo is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

How can the FAI be even thinking about giving Cork a licence?

Does anyone believe they have come in under the 65% rule?

Same with Derry too. An absolute disgrace. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Zebra3 wrote: »
    How can the FAI be even thinking about giving Cork a licence?

Same with Derry too. An absolute disgrace. :mad:

yeah, that's never ever ever been broken before. shame on cork and derry, etc etc.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »

Easily, they don't pay their players in full so it allows them to be under 65% cap.:rolleyes:

Easily, they don't pay their players in full so it allows them to be under 65% cap.:rolleyes:

I'd actually wonder how much truth there is in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Galway United have announced a friendly against Hull City at Terryland Park on February 26th.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/hull-city-to-visit-terryland-park

I'd actually wonder how much truth there is in that.

That their players haven't been completely paid in full for the season?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Galway United have announced a friendly against Hull City at Terryland Park on February 26th.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/hull-city-to-visit-terryland-park
    Extratime.ie described it as a "Glamour friendly" :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That their players haven't been completely paid in full for the season?

I'd say he's talking about your joke about them not paying their players which helps t hem get under the 65% rule. Honestly, you would never rule anything out with those crazies down there!!

Should be called an "Oirish Goon Friendly", say it will sell-out tbh.:rolleyes:
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd say he's talking about your joke about them not paying their players which helps t hem get under the 65% rule. Honestly, you would never rule anything out with those crazies down there!!

Oh right! Well I doubt it too, but I also doubt they were under the 65% cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hull have no game that weekend are said to be bringing a strong team, including their Irish contingent.

I couldn't give a shyte about Hull, I'm just happy we might get a few bob and get a good run out against decent opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just reading the Irish times on my phone and they were saying that dundalk are looking into taking cork's place in the europa league next season.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just reading the Irish times on my phone and they were saying that dundalk are looking into taking cork's place in the europa league next season.

Released a statement and all, it's on the Cork City shambles thread in here.

Fixtures out in 45 mins.:D My luck I'm in a lab in college till 12 so will get to see them.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thought they were out at twelve?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Thought they were out at twelve?

Thought wrong so Mr.Dale!;)

Anyone able to open the pdf fixture file on www.loi.ie? Not opening for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I cant even get onto the site!!!

Home to Mons first game for us.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Its pretty much sundays at home for the youths and bray.
    I like it.
    Ha just saw when wexford play bray its actually on a friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Friday night football eh?

Galway rovers and Bohs all away on mondays.

LOL

Sat. 29 May Bohemians v Shamrock Rovers Dalymount Park 7.45 pm

I can see this one getting changed closer to the date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement