Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Of Ireland Licenses and Fixtures 2010

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Shams at home first game of the season. :D
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Away to Cork first game. Was planning to go to first away game no matter where it is but not a chance I'm giving them any of my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

No asterisks or qualifications whatsoever for the Cork City fixtures.

Clearly all the stuff about waiting for the outcome of court cases and takeovers, or the granting of licenses, was a pack of lies. Business as usual at the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

PDN wrote: »
    No asterisks or qualifications whatsoever for the Cork City fixtures.

Clearly all the stuff about waiting for the outcome of court cases and takeovers, or the granting of licenses, was a pack of lies. Business as usual at the FAI.

Please note that these fixtures may change pending the decision of the Independent Club Licensing Committee and the outcome of a High Court case involving Cork City, which is due for mention on Monday, February 22nd.

You should have read the full details before wrongfully, like one or two others here, jumping on the FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Released a statement and all, it's on the Cork City shambles thread in here.

Fixtures out in 45 mins.:D My luck I'm in a lab in college till 12 so will get to see them.:cool:
    The one you've been awaiting for - 27 March Gav :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kerash wrote: »
    The one you've been awaiting for - 27 March Gav :P

:D Locked up again between 2 fences with one jacks for a few hundred Shels fans, can't wait.:D Just hope now I can get the 12-5 shift in work that day (same with the other Saturdays and then late shifts for Sundays, ust my luck I ask for Fridays off and then loads of the aways are weekend:mad:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'm personally delighted with the amount of Sat/Sun/Mon games, always easier to get out of those shifts than a Friday night. :) Woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

PRESS RELEASE
    17-02-10 21:00

Press release

Bray Wanderers are highly critical of the way that the League of Ireland today issued the fixture list for the 2010 season.

General Manager Jack O'Neill said:
    “We are absolutely dismayed that the League of Ireland has issued a set of fixtures which places Cork City who currently have no licence to play in the League of Ireland for the coming season in the Premier Division while Bray Wanderers who obtained a Premier Division licence have been placed in the First Division.

As the 10th ranked team to receive a Premier Division licence from the Independent Licence Committee we find it staggering that the fixtures have been released in such a fashion. It is our belief that the release of these fixtures in such a format is inherently flawed and should not have been released in this format in advance of the outcome of the High Court case involving Cork City and the decision of the Independent Club Licensing Committee on Monday 22nd February”

End of Press Release.
    Issued by Bray Wanderers Football Club.

17th February 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

what a sham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fair play to Bray in not taking it lying down. The FAI's insistance on having Cork there at whatever cost is shambolic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We all saw it coming, but Bray are definitely right to speak out against it. They abided by every rule the FAI imposed and are being tossed aside in favour of a club who disregarded the rules and didn't pay players or staff for months on end.

Advertisement