Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

State of roads in Carrickmacross

• 15-02-2010 1:21am

What is the deal with the state of the roads in Carrick, are they ever going to be fixed properly ?, especially the Ardee road stretch from McCormack Interiors to the entrance to Highfield and the road coming into the town from Dundalk, starting from before the bridge all the way to Lidl.

The roads were fine until they were redug up, whoever patched them up left the roads in some mess.

I seen enough a few days ago when whoever was out filling potholes on the bend for the Kingscourt road off the Magheross road, so much for using tar, they were filling them with cement :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭celtboy1888

nightmare mate....and around the wee roundabout on the shercock raod...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

P + S was hired to lay new sewage pipes. I know now what the abbreviation means ... Poor Surface !

bikeblue wrote: »
    P + S was hired to lay new sewage pipes. I know now what the abbreviation means ... Poor Surface !
    I hope they can lay sewage pipes a hell of a lot better than they can resurface a road.

Why have they been late away with the state they have left the roads in :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

P& S seem to have been digging up Carrick for the past 2 years, hopefully they'll finish this year:confused:

indiewindy wrote: »
    P& S seem to have been digging up Carrick for the past 2 years
    Have they found what they're looking for yet :p

• Advertisement

indiewindy wrote: »
    P& S seem to have been digging up Carrick for the past 2 years, hopefully they'll finish this year:confused:

my opinion is ... P + S should stop immediately with whatever they are looking for. The Rockdaniel road looks like a mine field and rumors are that it has to be resurfaced completely. Guess who is going to pay for this !!! :mad:

There at it again and is it true the main street is to be dug up next ?

hellboy99 wrote: »
    There at it again and is it true the main street is to be dug up next ?

God help us !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

What about Cloughvalley, ya never know from day to day which way to drive around. never mind that they start@7:51....

SarahMs wrote: »
    What about Cloughvalley, ya never know from day to day which way to drive around. never mind that they [EMAIL="start@7:51...."]start@7:51....[/EMAIL]
    It's a disgrace what state they have left / currently leaving the roads in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

For the second time this year I'm faced with having to get into town via the Shercock road as the Kingscourt road is under siege with traffic lights and jams. Nothing like a bit of warning either - I was going into town on Tuesday morning only to meet traffic sitting out the Kingscourt Road as far as where the circus was - a bit of signage up for a few days beforehand might have helped. The other thing that doesn't help are the light-breakers - not moving when the lights are red is bad, but when they're green and there's still a pile of thick F**ckers coming at you is infuriating!

The other thing that doesn't help are the light-breakers - not moving when the lights are red is bad, but when they're green and there's still a pile of thick F**ckers coming at you is infuriating!
    Tell me about it, the way they are set up on the Ardee road outside the furniture shop, now either people don't know or they are just breaking the red light knowingly but if you have a red light there that is not just for stopping you going up the hill into town but also for the Kingscourt road.

As for businesses, especially the shop on the Magheross road, all these works must be having a damaging effect on them.

Advertisement