Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suitable chinup bar

• 15-02-2010 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

hi,

i am starting p90x in the next few weeks, and looking at chin up bars, anyone recommend the best one to get?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

If you do a quick search there's a few threads about them:

I think one of the lads on here possibly B-Builder sells them in his shop... could be wrong!

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=boards.ie+fitness+chinup+bar&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

gavtron wrote: »
    If you do a quick search there's a few threads about them:

I think one of the lads on here possibly B-Builder sells them in his shop... could be wrong!

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=boards.ie+fitness+chinup+bar&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

:D I am an IT engineer and do not have a shop.

I can however recommend the chin-up bar sold by Irish Lifting and the owner of that shop does post on here.

His forum name used to be Mickk, however I am not sure whether or not he had to change it after the site was hacked.

See here for chinup bar from Irish lifting http://www.irish-lifting.com/doorway-gym-pe-270.html

I have one myself and I think it's the dogs what's its :) Also it is identical to the one shown in the P90X documents.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

B-Builder wrote: »

I can however recommend the chin-up bar sold by Irish Lifting and the owner of that shop does post on here.

His forum name used to be Mickk, however I am not sure whether or not he had to change it after the site was hacked.

See here for chinup bar from Irish lifting http://www.irish-lifting.com/doorway-gym-pe-270.html

I have one myself and I think it's the dogs what's its :) Also it is identical to the one shown in the P90X documents.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

M

I'd second that, the Doorway Gym is bloody awesome, and Irish Lifting is a terrific site to deal with. If money is an issue though (as it can be for people these days), you can get unbranded versions of the same one. I got mine in Tesco up north, along with a few other fitness accessories for very little money. Worth looking around on and offline for a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

B-Builder wrote: »

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

M

Mickk thats the lad...got you two confused...cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

cool saw the one on irish lifting looks good. have many people bought stuff off them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

I tried to purchase that online and it said "it cannot be shipped to the selected address" - Dublin.

Any ideas?

Hi

To be honest I think the one sold by Irish Lifting is superior to the Amazon version, even if a bit more expensive. It has more hand positions available then the Amazon version too.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

can you go to the irish lifting warehouse and buy stuff or have to order online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 21inchguns

(this is mickk btw...) I would strongly advise against getting the basic Iron Gym, the Iron gym extreme is much much better. If you think about the physics, the principle of the way the door gym works is leverage. You have your point of pivot which is the long bar that rests against the front of the door. You then have to hold on past the point of pivot to make the leverage work. With the basic Iron Gym they recommend that you hang off this point of pivot bar for both close grip and wide grip pullups! That means there will be no leverage and you will literally be hanging off the decorative architrave on the back of the door... If your door breaks they will blame your door frame not being strong enough, read the small print ect...

Also if you imagine trying to do wide grip pullups off a bar that is right on the door frame, the door frame will be in the way of your elbows. Its the same reason that you could never do wide grip pullups in them screw expanding door pullup bars.

• Advertisement

You can order on line and either
    • Have it delivered
    • Collect it yourself from their premises in Sandyford Ind Estate
    • There is also a premises in Camden Street (Fighting Fit) where you can collect the stuff from.
    They usually have a couple of the chin-up bars in stock in Camden Street, and this is where I bought mine from.

Best Regards,

M

**Edit** It's hard tring to get used to everybody's new forum names :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

LFC5Times wrote: »
    I tried to purchase that online and it said "it cannot be shipped to the selected address" - Dublin.

Any ideas?

Ya only selling on marketplace at the moment.

I bought it off amazon a couple of weeks ago, probably waiting for stock.

It works great feels solid on my door frame but then i'm only 70kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

What's the max weight for the bar from Irish lifting? I'm a little apprehensive about my wooden doorframe supporting my weight. It's one with a glass panel above it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 21inchguns

If your door has a glass panel over it any door gym wont work. It doesn't hang down from the door, it uses leverage (or should do) so it presses into the front of the door and against the back over the door where you have glass...

Advertisement