Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc wireless

Options
  • 15-02-2010 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have upc wireless utility set up on my pc, using vista.Wireless science atlanta thing. Im gong to re-install vista. Is it possible to download the upc wireless utility off the web?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

colly_06 wrote: »
    Hi, I have upc wireless utility set up on my pc, using vista.Wireless science atlanta thing. Im gong to re-install vista. Is it possible to download the upc wireless utility off the web?

You shouldnt need a wireless utility to connect to any wireless router UPC or not.

Windows has its own wireless utlity and usually whatever wireless card or dongle you are using will also have its own - you can use either to connect to a wireless network.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Thanks.
    I've actually installed windows xp on the pc, It was originally vista. It's a packard bell imedia and I can't find the right wireless drivers as it's orignally vista. Any help appreciated cheers.

colly_06 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I've actually installed windows xp on the pc, It was originally vista. It's a packard bell imedia and I can't find the right wireless drivers as it's orignally vista. Any help appreciated cheers.

What model is it and where have you looked?

Will the vista driver not work with xp?

It's an iMedia d2315, and the vista drivers won't work

I've reinstalled vista because I couldn't find the xp drivers. I've now reinstalled vista and I'm trying to get my cisco usb wireless adapter working, the drivers on the website only go up to xp, it was already working fine when i had vista the first time but i dont know if the upc guys used their own software that they probably had.The model is dpw939, should I ring ups and ask them to send out the drivers if they have them?

• Advertisement

UPC (or any other isp) have nothing got to do with your wireless drivers.

You have to use the manufacturers drivers for wireless cards or usbs.

Ok,
    I meant that they would probably have the vista drivers for it since they installed it on a vista comp, I can't find them on the net so I'll probably have to see if one of the engineers has them.

Problem sorted, got drivers from upc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 iggypop2

Hi colly_06

would you still have those drivers available??

i think i could use them..

thanks

Advertisement