Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP Focced to change Core principal

Options
  • 15-02-2010 3:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

The BNP have been forced to change its Constitution by the courts.

14/02/2010 - 17:23:33
    The British National Party today voted to approve changes to its constitution that would allow black and Asian people to become members.

The decision came after the far-right party held an extraordinary general meeting in Essex today, a party spokesman said.

It was arranged after the Central London County Court told the BNP to amend its constitution to comply with race relations laws or face legal action by the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/world/bnp-signals-change-to-whites-only-policy-446150.html#ixzz0fZKMzSLI

Right I'm off down to the Local Mosque for a Beer and a Cigarette, Equality and all that, they cant ban me for not being one of them, that'd be racist.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Oh come off it will ya. Nobody is preventing you from becoming a Muslim and I am sure if you walk into a church swiging a drink and smoking a fag you will be told where to go in no uncertain terms.

However having a political party than bans people joining it on the basis of the colour of their skin .. well we all know how that has worked out in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Dominic_Kennedy_684617a.jpg

.....They've certainly got an interesting slant on media relations...heres what happened to a Times reporter to whom they'd taken a dislike at yesterday's meeting....charming bunch really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

You think the BNP are bad, you should look up the National Front on the web.

I met this english guy once, he said the BNP are all talk and no action, according to him, and the National Front go out and beat up non-whites for fun.
    Nasty mo-fo. Needs a good 6 months in a small cell to think about life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

So A Times Reporter Trolls one of their meetings and gets turfed out, Big surprise there, did he send the Cameraman out ahead of himself or did he have hiim waitin outside for his inevetible photo-op.

Why cant the BNP have a Whites Only Policy?? they represent a demographic that hold that view, so Why is it nescessary to Force them to change, Lets Force the Catholic Church to have Women Priests.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't get the confusion between religions and political parties - you're comparing apples with oranges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Good luck to any blacks or asians that try to join, I'm sure they'll be made feel very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭ceannair06

So A Times Reporter Trolls one of their meetings and gets turfed out, Big surprise there, did he send the Cameraman out ahead of himself or did he have hiim waitin outside for his inevetible photo-op.

Why cant the BNP have a Whites Only Policy?? they represent a demographic that hold that view, so Why is it nescessary to Force them to change, Lets Force the Catholic Church to have Women Priests.

When you're a bunch of illiterate skinhead Nazis, I believe you cease to be a "demographic" and become a pool of urine on the bus seat of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rb wrote: »
    Good luck to any blacks or asians that try to join, I'm sure they'll be made feel very welcome.
    Aye, was thinking the same. I wonder when they'll have a "token black guy" to show that they're not being racist?

ceannair06 wrote: »
    When you're a bunch of illiterate skinhead Nazis, I believe you cease to be a "demographic" and become a pool of urine on the bus seat of humanity.

They are a growing Demographic, and if you took teh time to look past Pinkoleftie propaganda you might realise that your description f its core base is miles off the mark.
    there is a serious issue underlying all of this, one which you seem to have missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So A Times Reporter Trolls......

He was invited by Nick Griffin. As he was sitting there, with his bheal dunta, another BNP member recognised him, and - having taken issue with an article he'd written previously - had him turfed out. Facts - deadly, aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the funny thing is the white disenfranchised (or feel they are) go to the BNP, because they think that immigrants are coming in and taking there jobs.
    the muslim disenfranchised (or feel they are) get radicalised by muslim clerics. because they are unemployed and wandering the streets as well.

funny old world really (i grew up in a northern town where one of the 7/7 bombers came from)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

They are a growing Demographic, and if you took teh time to look past Pinkoleftie propaganda you might realise that your description f its core base is miles off the mark.
    there is a serious issue underlying all of this, one which you seem to have missed

Yeah, the issue is whether or not, in a modern, civilised society a political party should have the right to define itself based on the colour of its members skin . . Of course they shouldn't regardless of the size of their demographic and there's nothing pinkoleftie about it.

Hitler had a rather sizable demographic too . . .

Rb wrote: »

Unless of course they join en masse and then vote for further changes to the constitution. Which would be funny, really.

Thing is tho, a lot of the Supporters and voters dont fit yer Disenfranchised motif, a lot have careers and happy families etc, they just dont like the way the world is going and see the BNP or One Nation over here as a viable alternative to the stalemate centreist policies which from which they have seen no real net benefit

Thing is tho, a lot of the Supporters and voters dont fit yer Disenfranchised motif, a lot have careers and happy families etc,

Yes, racists and xenophobes come from all walks of life.
    .....or One Nation over here

They've now no seats, I believe.

Which is what? Immigration control is one thing, racist bully boys is quite another. Personally I blame the cyclists.

Thing is tho, a lot of the Supporters and voters dont fit yer Disenfranchised motif, a lot have careers and happy families etc, they just dont like the way the world is going and see the BNP or One Nation over here as a viable alternative to the stalemate centreist policies which from which they have seen no real net benefit

One nation as in Pauline Hanson's one nation who ran on an anti-immigration ticket who is now a migrant herself (off on a boat to England!). I am sure herself and the BNP will get on very well! Seriously you couldn't make it up.

See thats the problem with the far right, all bark just to get attention. They are kinda amusing for a while but generally people get tired of them and go on their merry ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

The rise in support for the BNP in the recent past is consistent with trends in other countries, the issue is serious but is also commonly ignored. Periods of increased immigration have historically been accompanied by suspicion within indigenous communities due to the pervasive stereotyping of newcomers, particularly during economic downturns.

While there has been a rise in support for the BNP, their numbers are tiny, yet that receive massive coverage.
    Extensive research has shown immigrants and particularly people who are visually different in appearence to the host nation are purposely used as scapegoats by the media, the media as always setting the agenda.

The law states tha you cannot discriminate on the ground of race, coulour or ethnic background. This is European law that has been adopted domestically by a number of countries including the UK and it now supercedes British law, so a political party that dicriminates on the grounds of race, etc must change its constitution if is to be legal. The BNP has been aware for sometime that problems were brewing. A Liverpool police officer suspected of being a member of the BNP was suspended in November 2008; his superior officer commented that the ethos of the BNP could not be reconciled with the principles of the police force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

anyone else find it amusing that the OP in his signature has this?

62699.JPG

how would the OP feel about the tanned Australians creating a No Pinky Irish Porky Party (NPIPP) :D

or the Aborigines ask for their land back from the whites?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd be worried for the National Black Police Association next. Luckily for them of course on their website they state these two statements:

The NBPA is open to all in policing on application and there is no bar to membership based on colour

AND

The definition of "Black" does not refer to skin colour.

The emphasis is on the common experience and determination of the people of African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin to oppose the effects of racism.

• Advertisement

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    anyone else find it amusing that the OP in his signature has this?

62699.JPG

how would the OP feel about the tanned Australians creating a No Pinky Irish Porky Party (NPIPP) :D

or the Aborigines ask for their land back from the whites?

I have quite a nice tan on me arms and face.

and the Abbos, they can have it one way or the other,

Either they live in the towns and Get on with Life like the Rest of the Population

OR

They F ck off out to Arnemland and live like their ancestors

one or the other, at the moment they want it all, they want 'their' country back, but they want the Whitefellas to keep giving them Free Toyotas.

So Why cant the BNP say that White is a state of mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You are an immigrant in a country where immigrants are despised by a sizable minority of the population and also a BNP sympathiser. The mind boggles.

Not Immigrants Per se, Just the wrong 'Type' of Immigrants;)

remember that Australia had a Whites Only policy til the seventies.

Yeah, keep fooling yourself, Australians are prepared to take endless amounts of immigrants to gobble up their water supplies as long as they are white. :rolleyes:

theres a skills list as well :rolleyes:

But yeah you believe what you like, I'm the one livin here

Youre on the skills list, well done. The BNP has no problem attacking those immigrants on the skills list in the UK

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/157986.php

and neither do anti-immigration Australians.

theres a skills list as well :rolleyes:

But yeah you believe what you like, I'm the one livin here

If you actually had a point people might listen to you but all it is

rabble rabble rabble abbo rabble rabble white rabble rabble .....

By the way if you do not get the irony of an immigrant complaining about new migrants than you and Pauline deserve each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

The BNP have been forced to change its Constitution by the courts.

Right I'm off down to the Local Mosque for a Beer and a Cigarette, Equality and all that, they cant ban me for not being one of them, that'd be racist.

Mahatma coat,

This should come as no great suprise... as the BNP's whites only membership policy was unlawful under British and EU law. I guess the British might expect British political parties - especially those who espouse British values - to uphold the law of the land established by British governments who were elected by the British people.

It would also be unlawful for you to go down to a Mosque in Britain for a cigarette... as Britain implemented a smoking ban in 2007, and as much as I love a beer myself... I hate to break it to you, but Mosques don't actually sell beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Not Immigrants Per se, Just the wrong 'Type' of Immigrants;)

Jesus no point arguing with you

you managed to do a good job at making yourself look the fool in this thread

best of luck to you "mate"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Why cant the BNP have a Whites Only Policy??

You gotta love it when MC reveals his true colours. (pun intended)

Advertisement