Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Class Ridden Psychology of the Conspiracy Theory Debunker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Take for instance youtube. Youtube is mainstream, owned by a huge multi billion dollar corporation. Yet every day there are links put up here from Youtube. Now, am I to believe that this is bad?

Also, when it suits, there are links put up to Reuters, BBC, RTE etc that may support a CT in some way. Why is this taken as OK, yet other times its not?

lol..:D What can you say to that. It's a bit like just blanking one part and only allowing one side to be seen.

Nobody here really cares about RTE, Bob dylan, Simpsons, CNN or any network. There are mainstream networks. But individuals try to get thier individualism on there. It's not really getting the truth out. These stations want us to be uniform. But because of the awakening, they have to allow some truth to be exposed, simply because they can't hide the truth anymore. Most people know its futile to think any being, entity or coporation could have total control over the world. If it did we wouldnt be discussing this right now would we.

Another aspect is, people are there OWN mediums, and can MAKE up their OWN minds. I know its really like "wow" but true all the same.

I also think your just trying to make a petty one sided argument as usual whereby your deliberately putting words in peoples mouth by polarising the argument and hope to god one of us will swing sides.

Nobody here is putting things into "good and bad"

Good and bad is manmade nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

mysterious wrote: »
    Youtube isn't mainstream, simply because individuals use the medium. For individual reasons.

There is mainstream crap on youtube, Youtube itself is not constricted to mainstream. Infact youtube is whats creating the global conciousness on this planet, where billions are now youtube broadcasting their "own" mediums to broadcast themselves in the world.

This is the opposite of been mainstream. Youtube are trying to censor it, but they will fail each time.

Point taken. I'd say if google wanted to stop people posting on it they could though.

Point taken. I'd say if google wanted to stop people posting on it they could though.

I'm shocked that you agreed to that:D

Seriously. I'm genuinely stunned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Youtube isn't mainstream, simply because individuals use the medium. For individual reasons.

There is mainstream crap on youtube, Youtube itself is not constricted to mainstream. Infact youtube is whats creating the global conciousness on this planet, where billions are now youtube broadcasting their "own" mediums to broadcast themselves in the world.

This is the opposite of been mainstream. Youtube are trying to censor it, but they will fail each time.

Tell that to football followers. I've linked to a few Liverpool videos in my time and often they are withdrawn due to copyright.

If what you say is correct, it will not be long until CT stuff is took of. The NWO will find a way.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Take for instance youtube. Youtube is mainstream, owned by a huge multi billion dollar corporation. Yet every day there are links put up here from Youtube. Now, am I to believe that this is bad?

Also, when it suits, there are links put up to Reuters, BBC, RTE etc that may support a CT in some way. Why is this taken as OK, yet other times its not?

Your clutching at straws here......

Firstly the guy never mentioned mainstream media, he said mainstream ESTABLISHMENT.

As for youtube, well its like a tv network, anybody can broadcast from it, providing they have a channel.

And if its fair game for skeptics to use mainsream media why cant CTers? Is it just because a few CTers dont trust mainstream media? I mean if a network is backing up somebodies claim then it should not matter where it comes from.Unless its a blatant lie that is being peddled, for example - There was no sharp dressed man accompanying the underwear bomber = Completely false story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Discussed with who and what standard to whos standards?
    EDIT:discussed with people who dont come from your way of thinking.

Seeing as its some serious accusations being made I would like it to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

What standard would you like conjecture to discussed at?

They already have done

Google has already censored it search engine drastically, I can't find all the truth sites I used to automatically search for, they may end up 10 pages later. I'm getting sick of the ****e google is posting up.

Youtube has been doing it for years ever since it was brought out. Most people don't notice the obvious because its done gradual

Just yesterday I could look up anyone on facebook who are like minded. As facebook used to run as a search engine now that changed just the other day. I cant add the people I used to be able to add by the niche names I used to trawl for. Like I cannot get any known light worker or spiritual page unless i know the exact name of the guy or girl.

A few people now I know are setting up independant search engines or using a few not known ones. Yes the NWO is trying to find ways and they are doing it.

The nature of the game is to keep moving on no matter what the system puts up against you. Either way its your choice as to what you do and what you seek, because if you don't they will make your decision for you.

Thats the game we are now in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, with Google it's not so much censorship as good business. They list the results by the most popular websites and these websites are almost always the ones with advertising, advertising that is run by Google. a site that doesn't have a huge fan base isn't going to appear top of the list unless people continually click on it from a oogle search results page and thus boost the sites popularity. That's how it's always worked. It's not remotely in the interests of the user, but it helps the Google business model.

And Facebook had to change their search setup because of a huge outcry by it's users who objected to anyone being able to search them. They tightened up their security and privacy controls as a result. I'd have thought that a good thing.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    In fairness, with Google it's not so much censorship as good business. They list the results by the most popular websites and these websites are almost always the ones with advertising, advertising that is run by Google. a site that doesn't have a huge fan base isn't going to appear top of the list unless people continually click on it from a oogle search results page and thus boost the sites popularity. That's how it's always worked. It's not remotely in the interests of the user, but it helps the Google business model.

And Facebook had to change their search setup because of a huge outcry by it's users who objected to anyone being able to search them. They tightened up their security and privacy controls as a result. I'd have thought that a good thing.

I know, sounds like mainstream everything, popular everything so great isn't it. But like most people who are acutely aware see this as more blatant steps to bring control gradully. I don't want x factor crap riddled on my search results. Search engline should STILL have the results it used to show up. **** popularity and mainstream business on google, this should never be an issue. it's a search engine humaji..

Oh really, protect us from what exactly?

You do know that Microsoft created virus programs so we would buy anti virus programs. You know the old song people in position of power play. They trick you or give you a problem to fix. You react and try to solve it, they come back and give you the solution or fixture. Thats how power works.

There is NOTHING you do online that is secure or private, don't be deluding yourself thinking that.....:rolleyes: Once your online nothing is private or secure. Facebook is run by CIA, just so you know. You should read the privacy section of it. It's pretty outstanding or should I say unreal.

(screams)

humanji wrote: »

Humanji, have a read of this article.....

http://www.prisonplanet.com/google-bans-dvd-critical-of-obama-administration.html

Still think google hasnt censored any material?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/facebook-labels-fall-of-the-republic-abusive-blocks-links.html

Facebook has also blocked these videos.

Facebook has totally changed stuff now, I can't add people I want too add. I have a big following there, now I can't add like minded people in the topics I usually post.

It seems precisely what they are trying to stop. Stop communication in the way its getting out on these sites so openly. If I cant add the like minded people now, it makes it harder for the truth to get out.

So now I'm playing it at there game, by been even more ruthless.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Facebook has totally changed stuff now, I can't add people I want too add. I have a big following there, now I can't add like minded people in the topics I usually post.

It seems precisely what they are trying to stop. Stop communication in the way its getting out on these sites so openly. If I cant add the like minded people now, it makes it harder for the truth to get out.

So now I'm playing it at there game, by been even more ruthless.:D

Why are you promoting Facebook on here , you have left links to facebook in some of your posts , Facebook is a CIA database , why do you think it is promoted by the mainstream media , because they want us on it , they want to know everything about us.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Anyone who values their privacy shouls watch this shprt video exposing Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ChJfLzIog&feature=player_embedded
    It links Facebook to the CIA, DOD & IOA

People volunteering information used for data mining that I have no doubt will be used against them for Minority Report style pre-crime offences.

Here is the logo of the IOA IAO-logo.png

Doesn't get more blatant than that, does it?

This is an IAO research project
    Scalable Social Network Analysis

Scalable Social Network Analysis (SSNA) aimed at developing techniques based on social network analysis for modeling the key characteristics of terrorist groups and discriminating these groups from other types of societal groups.[11]
    Sean McGahan, of Northeastern University said the following in his study of SSNA:
    The purpose of the SSNA algorithms program is to extend techniques of social network analysis to assist with distinguishing potential terrorist cells from legitimate groups of people ... In order to be successful SSNA will require information on the social interactions of the majority of people around the globe. Since the Defense Department cannot easily distinguish between peaceful citizens and terrorists, it will be necessary for them to gather data on innocent civilians as well as on potential terrorists.
    —Sean McGahan[11]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

there's no big facebook conspiracy - you just have to read the privacy policy. every thing you have ever posted on there, whether publicly or privately, whether still up or deleted, is owned by them.
    i'm sure i read something recently about deleted facebook posts being used in a criminal investigation now, not sure of the context.
    Obviously most people post there under their real names too which means people should be even more careful about what they put up there whether publicly or privately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Humanji, have a read of this article.....

http://www.prisonplanet.com/google-bans-dvd-critical-of-obama-administration.html

Still think google hasnt censored any material?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/facebook-labels-fall-of-the-republic-abusive-blocks-links.html

Facebook has also blocked these videos.

Oh I'm fully aware that google censors things but the majority of tinkering they do is to benefit themselves and make money, not to try and sunvert humanity. And why shouldn't they? It's thier site after all. They'd be mad not to try and benefit from it. If you've a problem with it then you do what Mysterious is doing and start your own search engine.

espinolman wrote: »
    Why are you promoting Facebook on here , you have left links to facebook in some of your posts , Facebook is a CIA database , why do you think it is promoted by the mainstream media , because they want us on it , they want to know everything about us.

Good question and point. But so is everything on the net. I'm at the point in my life there is nothing to hide, and right now you wonder was anything you ever did were unknown.

For example.
    The CIA knew the colour of my mothers **** back in 84 going through America. They had her in questioning for 2 hours in Airport security. They ask the dumb questions first and that get to the hard ones. The reason being is they are really only validating and confirming all they know and whatever else they knew. Not saying my mother is specially picked. Of course she is special though just like everyone else. This is 2010 and security is tighter than ever.

In other words, your born into a world where there is no where to run from, no where to hide, and the fact that we are on the internet, proves this. Everything we do it tracked, monitored and stored forever.

I really don't know why I go on facebook, its where I get to post up all my links. The strange part I can do it much more freely than I do here. Everything around is programmed or controlled, everything.

I will tell you the truth there is only one man who can break the system, and you know who he is.

The CIA knew the colour of my mothers **** back in 84 .

I really hope that 4 letter word doesn't begin with C and end with T.;)

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

For example.
    The CIA knew the colour of my mothers **** back in 84

Did she post it on FaceBook?

• Advertisement

Mysterious, maybe just a little too much info lol.....
    On a serious note i have always thought that facebook was just another way to keep tabs on the masses.When this facebook project was started i reckon they were hoping around 90% of the global population would have an account that they could keep track of and watch us big-brother style.Seeing as this project was only started in 2005 they are making tremendous progress on it.We can use facebook to our advantage though, spreading the good word, posting videos, linking articles etc. Just remember not to give up too much personal information.

Of course she is special though just like everyone else.

Contradiction there. Being special means you're different to others. If everyone is special, then it negates itself.

Did she post it on FaceBook?

No Pirate, READ the post. she went to AMERICA.

I really hope that 4 letter word doesn't begin with C and end with T.;)

I was referring to the word shiite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I was referring to the word shiite.

Well I'm no CIA agent but I could make an educated guess about what colour your Mothers was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Whether or not you go on facebook I think they know who we are, what we do, they watch everything, maybe facebook saves them a little hassle by people volunteering every last detail up, but they play a role in software development including whatever operating system your using, to be honest once your connected to the net I believe they can control your computer if they want, such as capturing audio and video if you have a webcam and you not know, keyloggers can easily be slipped into any system without detection, I.P.'s can be monitored, individual computers monitored, remote screenshot capture etc, it may sound like the ramblings of a paronoid mad man but this is fact.

Here's a fairly simple program.
    http://www.key-logger.ws/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Lol i aint touching any links with the word logger on it! :P

And to thecommander i would say everyone IS special.Just in there own special way :D

Well I'm no CIA agent but I could make an educated guess about what colour your Mothers was.

You do realise your making ridicolous personal comments that bear no relevance to this conversation or point of dicussion whatsoever. its not the point of the conversation. Infact your making it a racial topic. It doesnt matter if somebody had pink and yellow spots with a big blue blouse going through airport security.

Your not in the CIA so you don't know why they bring people in.

So don't assume you know, because you don't.

The point is, the CIA will know everything about you before they bring you into their office. They will ask you the dumb questions first, hard ones till alter. They do it because they want to observe you and see if they get more info out of you for whatever reason they have or feel to validate what they know or need to know.. They don't have a rule system or have to have any logical reason as to why they take you in.

And neither are you. So how do you know?
    Common sense?

You do realise your making ridicolous personal comments that bear no relevance to this conversation or point of dicussion whatsoever. its not the point of the conversation. Infact your making it a racial topic. It doesnt matter if somebody had pink and yellow spots with a big blue blouse going through airport security.

So don't assume you know, because you don't.

Sorry what? You are the one who first brought the colour of your mothers feces into this discussion. How is that a racial issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

uprising2 wrote: »
    Whether or not you go on facebook I think they know who we are, what we do, they watch everything, maybe facebook saves them a little hassle by people volunteering every last detail up, but they play a role in software development including whatever operating system your using, to be honest once your connected to the net I believe they can control your computer if they want, such as capturing audio and video if you have a webcam and you not know, keyloggers can easily be slipped into any system without detection, I.P.'s can be monitored, individual computers monitored, remote screenshot capture etc, it may sound like the ramblings of a paronoid mad man but this is fact.

If you really believe this, really, and if you are have any sense whatsoever, then why do you continue to post your ramblings on the internet? Shouldnt you be more clandestine?

Another example of the failed logic of the extreme conspiracy theorist. They work so hard to come up with an outlandish theory, even when the existence of the theory (as they posit it) makes their actions entirely ridiculous.

drkpower wrote: »
    If you really believe this, really, and if you are have any sense whatsoever, then why do you continue to post your ramblings on the internet? Shouldnt you be more clandestine?

Another example of the failed logic of the extreme conspiracy theorist. They work so hard to come up with an outlandish theory, even when the existence of the theory (as they posit it) makes their actions entirely ridiculous.

You saying it's not possible?, failed brain function of a yes man.
    And why the fukk should I care who and what see's what I post, I don't really give a fukk, maybe that explains why I'm not more clandestine.

haha your gas! I think your taking the piss thogh.

You saying it's not possible?, failed brain function of a yes man.
    And why the fukk should I care who and what see's what I post, I don't really give a fukk, maybe that explains why I'm not more clandestine.

Many things are possible; now, probable, thats te hurdle I think you should try jumping once in a while.

Question: If you are really concerned that the CIA and God knows who else are monitoring your activity, and as you are clearly onto them, and as you no doubt think that they and others are all-controlling, and as you no-doubt think they are capable of all sorts of awful things, and as you no doubt think that they want to silence those who are intent on foiling their dastardly plans, why do you not give a fcuk?

Another example of the failure of logic....:rolleyes:

haha your gas! I think your taking the piss thogh.

Every conversation with you guys is taking the piss, I suppose. But I am serious.

Many things are possible; now, probable, thats te hurdle I think you should try jumping once in a while.

Question: If you are really concerned that the CIA and God knows who else are monitoring your activity, and as you are clearly onto them, and as you no doubt think that they and others are all-controlling, and as you no-doubt think they are capable of all sorts of awful things, and as you no doubt think that they want to silence those who are intent on foiling their dastardly plans, why do you not give a fcuk?

Another example of the failure of logic....:rolleyes:

Not being a coward is not failure of logic, and really I couldn't give a fukk, on the other thread you said your job filters out youtube, do you really think it's that hard to filter things in?, back to sleep with ye.

And yea they do watch everything, know who I and you are, your a model citizen, afraid to challenge anything away from the norm, you live in denial when evidence is all around.

Not being a coward is not failure of logic, and really I couldn't give a fukk, on the other thread you said your job filters out youtube, do you really think it's that hard to filter things in?, back to sleep with ye..

If you dont give a fukk, why do you spend your time warning everyone of this powerful elite who are closing our lives down etc.... If you dont care what they do to you, why do you care what they do to us....?

More failed logic....and you cant even see it.

Awwwwwww, poor little brave boy.

If you dont give a fukk, why do you spend your time warning everyone of this powerful elite who are closing our lives down etc.... If you dont care what they do to you, why do you care what they do to us....?

More failed logic....and you cant even see it.

Awwwwwww, poor little brave boy.

Haha, dikpower cop on. Why do you waste your time trolling.

Stick to what your good at:

And neither are you. So how do you know?
    Common sense?

I don't have to know what they say, to know how they operate.

Lab mouse is making a defenate statement about the CIA bringing someone in by the colour of their skin,.

Which is one of the sillyest thing's I've ever heard on this board ever

• Advertisement

Uprising banned for one week.

Haha, dikpower cop on. Why do you waste your time trolling.

Tell you what, why dont you try and answer the question as opposed to posting link after link:

Tell you what, why dont you try and answer the question as opposed to posting link after link:

He can't answer the question now as he's been banned. Quit with the petty argument or I'll ban you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

Lab mouse is making a defenate statement about the CIA bringing someone in by the colour of their skin,.

There was no mention of race in the post.
    Read it again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

You're confused Mysterious. He didn't mention skin colour or race.

Basically, both of you got your wires crossed.

You said that the CIA knows the colour of your mother's sh1t from back in '84(Which i presume is a turn of phrase to say 'they know everything about her')

Labmouse then said that he's not in the CIA, but he could probably guess what colour your mother's sh1t was.

yekahs wrote: »
    You're confused Mysterious. He didn't mention skin colour or race.

Basically, both of you got your wires crossed.

You said that the CIA knows the colour of your mother's sh1t from back in '84(Which i presume is a turn of phrase to say 'they know everything about her')

Labmouse then said that he's not in the CIA, but he could probably guess what colour your mother's sh1t was.

I think mysterious has managed to confuse not only himself but everyone here since it was me and not Lab Mouse who said that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Hey OP,

Not sure if the conspiracy theorist profile is class defined or not, but it certainly seems to be religious. You don't find any atheists subscribing to the illuminati theories eg satanic influences in music and other such nonsense (imho).

There also seems to be a militant anti-authoritarian tendency in some folk susceptible to these kind of ideas. Denied a place in society, feeling disenfranchised, inherently suspicious of any kind of big government.

Within both these 'types' the militant and the religious/right wing is the notion of proselytising : they must get out the 'word' or 'reality' to their fellow citizens and humankind in general before it is too late.....

I have to say I have seen nothing other than evidence of limited intelligence from any CT based websites and a very black/white polarity world view.

Having said all that, I, like most people don't feel good about the way the world is and big government/bankers/ mainstream media and advertising, however its just doesn't feel right that there is such simplistic satanic and evil mwhaa haa haa characters behind it all.

It is also disturbing that many people who suffer from mental illness are directly affected by the fears that lead to paranoia in many conspiracy theories.

Finally, I have never encountered any CTers who have a shred of genuine spirituality- its all resistance/fighting da powah with proseltizing.

A great pity, because there is corruption and vile things in the world and most of us are tired of how sh1t things are and the cters or 'truth' seekers just do not help at all.

Darlughda wrote: »
    Hey OP,

Not sure if the conspiracy theorist profile is class defined or not, but it certainly seems to be religious. You don't find any atheists subscribing to the illuminati theories eg satanic influences in music and other such nonsense (imho).

There also seems to be a militant anti-authoritarian tendency in some folk susceptible to these kind of ideas. Denied a place in society, feeling disenfranchised, inherently suspicious of any kind of big government.

Within both these 'types' the militant and the religious/right wing is the notion of proselytising : they must get out the 'word' or 'reality' to their fellow citizens and humankind in general before it is too late.....

I have to say I have seen nothing other than evidence of limited intelligence from any CT based websites and a very black/white polarity world view.

Having said all that, I, like most people don't feel good about the way the world is and big government/bankers/ mainstream media and advertising, however its just doesn't feel right that there is such simplistic satanic and evil mwhaa haa haa characters behind it all.

It is also disturbing that many people who suffer from mental illness are directly affected by the fears that lead to paranoia in many conspiracy theories.

Finally, I have never encountered any CTers who have a shred of genuine spirituality- its all resistance/fighting da powah with proseltizing.

A great pity, because there is corruption and vile things in the world and most of us are tired of how sh1t things are and the cters or 'truth' seekers just do not help at all.

I dont really get where your coming from.One minute your peddling these theories and next your posting messages like this?? Why ridicule conspiracy theorists that you were entertaining previously - a wolf in sheeps clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Truthrevolution

What theories am I peddling? Where?

Nor am I ridiculing anybody- Where do I do that?

a wolf in sheeps clothing.
    Interesting comparison TR, I have great respect for the wolf due to family history. indeed, I think the wolf may well be an emblem of some of the more militia minded CTers. However, now you bring up these analogies, may I suggest you come across as nothing more than a sad bleating lamb looking for a mammy to follow?

Truthrevolution

Nor am I ridiculing anybody- Where do I do that?/QUOTE]
    Truthrevolutionmay I suggest you come across as nothing more than a sad bleating lamb looking for a mammy to follow?

Try the same post

Hey OP,

Hey Darlughda,

Next time you are looking for a platform to spout your shallow generalisations may I suggest you actually read the OP, or next best case the thread title. The Class Ridden Psychology of the Conspiracy Theory DebunkerIt'll save you future embarrasments. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement