Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage Against The Machine Dublin O2 June 8th 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I really hope no one I want to see is announced for Slane, I'm definatly not going to be able to go if I get tics for this.
    Anyway, should be a ****ing mental gig, I look forward to being the only girl actually going for it in the pit :D

I hope that there isn't actually a physical mosh pit, i.e. sectioned off from the rest of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I hope that there isn't actually a physical mosh pit, i.e. sectioned off from the rest of the crowd.
    Ya Can Bet your life there will be a Pit for Rage but its a WAY Bigger Pit than Normal in the O2 so If ya get there any kind of a reasonable time you will get in..
    Also If ya stand Either to the Left or Right Just Outside the Pit the View is Great too..But In the Centre Is Crap..Damn Tall People..
    Thinkin of Givin this a Miss now ..Was Expecting €45-€50 ..But if youve never seen em before €72 is Worth It..They are UNREAL Live:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

My theory is the extra price is to pay for bouncers/security etc;, the poor hoors would want to be getting serious money, cos they have a job on they're hand that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hmm, they were great at Oxegen but I don't really think they're worth €70...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

kennyu272 wrote: »
    Its just being announced that RATM are playing the O2 June 8th.

Tickets onsale this friday. 67.50

Wow that's pretty expensive. I saw them at oxegen but it's a big price for a ticket. New album in the works perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

O i cant wait

Jordonvito wrote: »
    My theory is the extra price is to pay for bouncers/security etc;, the poor hoors would want to be getting serious money, cos they have a job on they're hand that night!
    :D Reminds me of that Lad at Oxegen..He Prob Pull a Sickie this time Round:P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cce3zeWOYnw

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

:D Reminds me of that Lad at Oxegen..He Prob Pull a Sickie this time Round:P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cce3zeWOYnw

haha brilliant, my friends told me about that, didnt know there was footage though

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Im new to this 02 Presale stuff. Will I also be able to try get a ticket for a mate with one pre sale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im new to this 02 Presale stuff. Will I also be able to try get a ticket for a mate with one pre sale code?

One pre-sale code can get ya as many tickets up to the max per person for the gig. So I can imagine it being 6(dunno why?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

They were cracking at Oxegen but seriosly,€70.
    Its just silly but needless to say Il be there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mushy wrote: »
    One pre-sale code can get ya as many tickets up to the max per person for the gig. So I can imagine it being 6(dunno why?)

The pre-sale code gives you the opportunity to buy tickets early but it doesn't guarantee that you'll get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They were cracking at Oxegen but seriosly,€70.
    Its just silly but needless to say Il be there!!!

I think it is genius if even those who say it costs too much will still pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Jordonvito wrote: »

Thats probably it now that I think about it, I bet Rage themselves have no idea exactly how much we are being charged(and hopefully very pissed off when they do)

See the Info is Up on Ticketmaster now Tickets €65.60-€70.70 plus the €7 Card Fee..Reckon theyll do a Pearl Jam and the Standing Tickets will be the More Expensive ones.
    Also says on MCDs site Tickets limited to 8 Per Person..Know this wont be for the PreSale but if thats the Case On Friday here comes another Tout Fest:rolleyes:

8 per person makes the touts very happy indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Thats probably it now that I think about it, I bet Rage themselves have no idea exactly how much we are being charged(and hopefully very pissed off when they do)

you can bet your life they know the price of the tickets. the bands set the price, not the promoter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NDC

67 Euro???

Not for me, people!

NDC wrote: »
    67 Euro???

Not for me, people!
    I guess someone has to pay for the free London concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Shocking price! Who's supporting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

had ticket to see them in holland 2 years ago, missed them as was too drunk. had ticket to see them at oxegen, missed flight home from london as was too drunk.

i love rage, one of two bands i thought i'd never see. not going to miss this. no drink for me this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i love RATM but there's no way in hell i'll be seeing them at a Solo gig for 67 sheets plus booking fee, if it was a full day with 6/8 bands i'd consider it, fcuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

I'd love to see them in the POINT but i'll be making me way back from Rock am Ring.

Just as well they're playing there too!:)

They're also playing Download.

ACDC and Rage! Gud Jaysus!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bubububen

can anyone tell me how i can buy pre sale tickets? need to see rage live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

doesn't look like they'll be on presale on o2blueroom, but will check again in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

doesn't look like they'll be on presale on o2blueroom, but will check again in the morning

Ticketmaster is saying that the presale starts wednesday @ 9 o'clock.

Bubububen wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how i can buy pre sale tickets? need to see rage live.
    Go to http://blueroom.o2online.ie/ tomorrow..Click the Rage against the Machine Link..This will give you instructions of how to get your Presale Password..More than likely Text RAGE to 51020 ..but could be wrong..You Must do this from an O2 (086) phone(Steal your Friends If you dont have One)..Revisit the Site Wednesday Morning at 8.58am and Hit those Keys like your life Depended On It:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bubububen

thanks a heap keeponrockin that is very helpfull i can rest easy now :D

Bubububen wrote: »
    thanks a heap keeponrockin that is very helpfull i can rest easy now :D
    No Worries:)..
    Also when you go to the O2 Blueroom Site On Wednesday Morning it will say "Get Priority Tickets Now" which brings you to a Special Ticketmaster Page where you Enter your Password and Select your Tickets so Good Idea to have a Ticketmaster Account already set up so you can just login and all Your Address/Credit Card Details are already in there.
    And Only 15% of Tickets are Sold in the PreSales so Obviously Better Chance on Friday but always Nice to Get Em Early:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

So am I right in thinking there's no o2 blueroom presale?? Or am I just missing something?

EDIT: my bad - just remembered today is only Tuesday!

Advertisement