Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage Against The Machine Dublin O2 June 8th 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

are you sure its seated. mine is standing(i think) but it has row numbers and stuff, trés confusing.

Check your order details. I've standing tickets but it's...
    Section STAND
    Row Gx
    Seats xxx - xxx

The rows and seats mean nothing for standing tickets.

If you're seated your section with be an actual block (A - P) and your row will be numeric.
    JJ wrote: »
    I'd imagine that if standing tickets are cheaper than some seated tickets, they may beef up the security between the seated and standing areas.

Would be nice to think that the extra price could be justified (to offset extra expense) alright, but my guess is it's priced according to popularity and nothing else. Certain gigs would be more suited to sitting and have more expensive seated tickets / other gigs are more suited to standing (Pearl Jam, RATM) and thus have more expensive standing tickets.

My thinking anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

cool thats what ive got. Standing it is then.. sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I mentioned this in another thread but a friend of mine got what she thought was standing tickets for the 02, the printout said stand but then also had a row and seat no, she was pretty p*ssed off when she arrived and had to sit! They way they print out is kinda confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Just got my tickets! Delighted!!
    I can't believe it!! I'm finally going to seeing Rage live :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Got mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Got my tickets no hasssle at all. Doesn't look like a quick sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

^The ticketmaster site would not load for me untill about 3 minutes past, I was really freaking out :P
    I say all the standing will be gone by half past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Just got my tickets.:D Was using a friends credit card and they wanted me to enter some security code that i didn't know and that my friend didn't know, so cue frantic request for a new code which we got just a sew seconds before they were about to give the tickets away:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Ouch... all the people who settled for seated in the presale are going to be well unhappy that standing was so readily available today.

phew, got mine, can't wait!! I just had a quick look back there few mins ago, and says standing gone, so 20 mins-ish, but not too difficult to get your hands on certainly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

dearg lady wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another thread but a friend of mine got what she thought was standing tickets for the 02, the printout said stand but then also had a row and seat no, she was pretty p*ssed off when she arrived and had to sit! They way they print out is kinda confusing

I just got tickets :D I wanted standing for €65 but as soon as the order went through it said on the ticket that I will be seating in block G (far left side of the side) and I had paid €77 (including booking fee) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Picked up 4 tickets, now to convince my friends to pay the price

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Got mine at 9 this morning, was surprised at how quickly I got in. Just had a look to see were there anymore standing tickets available, I could have got 2 more. doesn't seem to be selling as quick as i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atomboy

i had the same jazz about tickets..

was almost positive it said ground floor standing, but when I checked the tickets via ticketfast it said section:STAND row G3 etc..

Then I started to doubt myself, and maybe it said ground floor stand :confused:

But I just rang up the O2, and the lady checked with someone else, and said they were groundfloor standing.

I'm slightly dubious.. but nothing else I can do.

Did anyone else get ticketfast and positive about groundfloor standing? If so, can you double check the actual tickets and see what they say please?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

well the standing is gone now.......can't even get one.....

mate got 3 seated tickets and at the same time I managed to get a standing, I was thinking earlier it wasn't selling that quickly, but around 9:25 or so could no longer get 3 standing........looks like it'll sell out.....

atomboy wrote: »

was almost positive it said ground floor standing, but when I checked the tickets via ticketfast it said section:STAND row G3 etc..

But I just rang up the O2, and the lady checked with someone else, and said they were groundfloor standing.

Did anyone else get ticketfast and positive about groundfloor standing? If so, can you double check the actual tickets and see what they say please?

cheers

I think it's really weird and confusing the way they do that. Maybe try ringing again in a few days or something, ask for the persons name too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 noodles33

got ticketfast nad has section : standing , number g* ***

Should be fine tho for ground floor standing cause thats what they were when I bought em. Wouldnt worry too much about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

just got two standing in soundcellar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

cheers

Don't worry about it. The same thing happened with Pearl Jam tickets when they went on sale before Christmas. It gives you a seat row and seating section for organisational reasons. So long as it says "Section: STAND" or something like that on your receipt then you'll be standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atomboy

Yea,

possibly they have zoned out the ground floor for either blocks of seats or standing.

Just looking at the actual ticketfast ticket. On the right in smallish print:

GROUND FLOOR STANDIN
    U16S MUST BE ACCOM
    BY PARENT / GUARD

So I guess it is standing afterall :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

WAGE against the Machine!

Corporate sell out f*cks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Raekwon wrote: »
    I just got tickets :D I wanted standing for €65 but as soon as the order went through it said on the ticket that I will be seating in block G (far left side of the side) and I had paid €77 (including booking fee) :rolleyes:

cheers

Se my post again - ye have standing tickets, believe me. I have got standing tickets even for the new o2 countless times (and have upcoming for rage, pearl jam and dave matthews band) and as long as they say section STAND and row G whatever you're standing, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Se my post again - ye have standing tickets, believe me. I have got standing tickets even for the new o2 countless times (and have upcoming for rage, pearl jam and dave matthews band) and as long as they say section STAND and row G whatever you're standing, trust me.

Thanks for that WithCheesePlease! :)
    Funkfield wrote: »
    WAGE against the Machine!

Corporate sell out f*cks!

Yeah the €77 ticket cost is abit excessive to be fair, around €50 (inc booking fee) would have been fairer, especially considering that they are playing a free gig in London two days before, but then again this is pretty much sold out (only side balcony's left afaik). The greed of O2 and MCD wins out again!

More about this here: http://ratm.forum.epicrecords.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=966&p=4989

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Raekwon wrote: »
    The greed of O2 and MCD wins out again!

Not really. It's supply/demand. If people are willing to spend €70 for tickets for this, why should they charge less? Also, I'd imagine Rage are very expensive to book. Price is about right for an act of their stature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

whats the story with seated tickets?

isnt everybody going to be jumping around the place even in the seated areas?

was going to buy a few as all standing sold out by looks of it but dont fancy having to sit down because someone behind me is sitting in their seat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

seanie500 wrote: »
    isnt everybody going to be jumping around the place even in the seated areas?

More than likely. When Muse played the O2 everyone around me in the seated section stayed standing for the whole show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got me a ticket . Was scared at the start cause every friday my laptop starts doing a scan , so just before 9 am came it started (it makes my laptop go slow while it happens so was worried that my firefox would go slow). Luckily i got onto the page and sailed through it and got a standing ticket :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

standing tickets seem to be gone now, couldnt decide in time whether to go to this as well since theyve been announced for RIP but an indoor venue would have been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

--LOS-- wrote: »
    standing tickets seem to be gone now, couldnt decide in time whether to go to this as well since theyve been announced for RIP but an indoor venue would have been good.
    The standing tickets are gone since 9.30 in ticketmaster

try soundcellar on nassau street but i very much doubt they have any left either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ok thanks, would have happily gone to both, trouble is convincing others to too.

Advertisement