Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"head" shop windows broken

Options
  • 15-02-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭

noticed a garda car parked out side the shop (in donegal town) yesterday afternoon, with said garda walking up and down. couple of windows with large holes in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

They were stoned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They were stoned.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Beez Neez

Nice one Farmer Green!

We have a head shop here in Roscommon as well and they are being picketed by "concerned citizens" at the minute but i see that they have put up metal grids over the windows and doors. Obviously to prevent what has now happened in dear old Donegal.

I now see that the head shop in Dublin which was involved in a fire had over €500,000 in the safe! no recession in the head shop businesses so!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

muffler wrote: »

Not surprised they were burgled when people heard how much cash was in the safe in the one on Capel Street in Dublin that burned down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

never knew there was a shop like that in town , how much would a standard head be do they vary much in price

A big head obviously costs more than a smaller head and a red head is more high maintenance!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Do they take trade-ins? my old ones a bit grey and thin on top:(

I think they do trade-in's as I see a lot of "older" fellas around the town with very dark hair so they must go there to get "sorted"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Do they do checkups? Mine hasn't been feeling the best today, only seems to happen on mondays to :confused:

• Advertisement

They also do a nice line in hats and assorted accessories for heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Worzel+Gummidge+and+head.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

noticed a garda car parked out side the shop (in donegal town) yesterday afternoon, with said garda walking up and down. couple of windows with large holes in them.
    Where in Donegal town is that shop? Never new there was one of them in Town

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Larrson wrote: »
    Where in Donegal town is that shop? Never new there was one of them in Town
    It's called Yutopia, where the travel agents used to be. Opposite Eske Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

byte wrote: »
    It's called Yutopia, where the travel agents used to be. Opposite Eske Pharmacy.

There's a shop in Letterkenny called that too, but it deals with items further south on the body than the head.:D

Maybe its a "Head shop" too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Senna wrote: »
    There's a shop in Letterkenny called that too, but it deals with items further south on the body than the head.:D

:D

Used to be true, it just sells the legal smoke and paraphernalia now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Im no expert, but I hear that the smoke is like toxic waste

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Im no expert, but I hear that the smoke is like toxic waste
    It contains Dioxins, the same chemical that was in the pork scare 2 years ago.
    Pork to be fit for human consumption had to contain no more than 0.009ppm, whereas this stuff, the sky's the limit.:eek:

not surprised, I heard a woman interviewed on RTE from Donegal Town, who's 17 year old son smoked alot of this stuff and his personality completely changed. He may also have been doing the herbal ecstacy that they sell, but a long story short, he wound up in intensive care one night... dont trust anything you dont grow yourself, I heard someone say onetime :)

I see another of these "head shops" has been burned down in Dublin's fair city! Seems to be a risky business - in more ways than one!

Maybe I'm being an old fart but why would anyone want to take any substance which is labelled "not for human consumption". I'm with North West Art on this one - dont take it unless you've grown it yourself. Now I'm off to the local Garden Centre .....;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm told that Yutopia in Donegal Town got shutters installed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Apparently in Dublin it's down to turf wars between the 'legal' and the illegal traders.
    Doesn't surprise me.
    Just opens another can of worms.
    Where does the 'Legalise' camp stand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i don't know what all the fuss is about sure every shop in the country sells legal highs that is not for human consumption:rolleyes: just cause its called silkcut and benson & hedges doesn't mean its any different to the muck sold in head shops

i don't know what all the fuss is about sure every shop in the country sells legal highs that is not for human consumption:rolleyes: just cause its called silkcut and benson & hedges doesn't mean its any different to the muck sold in head shops
    Thankfully you didnt mention Major :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pauric_g

If these shops get outlawed it will only drive the trade underground. I'm sure the rates the local town and county councils are collecting from the head shops will make them think twice about having them closed down. At least it's a business that's booming!
    The legal highs are possibly no worse than alcohol or cigarettes. Go out any weekend and you'll see plenty of people having their personality changed with alcohol and some of them end up in hospital too. I don't hear too many of the righteous indignant brigade calling for pubs and nightclubs to be shut or for retailers to stop selling cigarettes.

pauric_g wrote: »
    I don't hear too many of the righteous indignant brigade calling for pubs and nightclubs to be shut or for retailers to stop selling cigarettes.
    Oh they are out there alright, its just a case that the government are getting too much money from this.

The head shops are new and a lot of people dont understand what it is they sell so are naturally a bit windy about them.

I know what you mean but I think a situation like this is a bit ridiculous http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0218/1224264715195.html .
    People will seek out these 'highs' regardless of regulation or anything else. These same protestors will be out protesting about the influx of drug dealers in 2 years time :rolleyes:

Down with this sort of thing!
    Careful Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

You can add the Ballybofey Yutopia to the list. One window smashed in so I don't know if it was a burglary or vandalism.

yes, alcohol is a drug and tobacco is a drug... so is anadin, lemsip, viagara etc etc... all drugs that can be bought legally over the counter, and that are taxed to the hilt by the government. We all know the deal there...

Head shop smoke is pure muck; if THC oil was legalised and made available then everyone could experience its benefits as a relaxant without the coughing and spluttering, and nicotine addiction.... but then the pharma companies would lose out heavily with the drop in sales of relaxant drugs, and drugs that alleviate the pain sufferred by multiple sclerosis patients (sorry for going off topic a bit here, was just reading pauric q's reply)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6387-cannabis-truly-helps-multiple-sclerosis-sufferers.html

• Advertisement

yes, alcohol is a drug and tobacco is a drug... so is anadin, lemsip, viagara etc etc... all drugs that can be bought legally over the counter, and that are taxed to the hilt by the government. We all know the deal there...

Head shop smoke is pure muck; if THC oil was legalised and made available then everyone could experience its benefits as a relaxant without the coughing and spluttering, and nicotine addiction.... but then the pharma companies would lose out heavily with the drop in sales of relaxant drugs, and drugs that alleviate the pain sufferred by multiple sclerosis patients (sorry for going off topic a bit here, was just reading pauric q's reply)

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6387-cannabis-truly-helps-multiple-sclerosis-sufferers.html
    I take your point North West Art. I just think that's it's over the top to be protesting outside these shops and vandalising them when they are operating within the law. I'm sure the owners are willing to accept a change in licencing or whatever is necessary. If they are outlawed the 'problem' will only get worse because it'll be driven underground. At least if it's legal it can be regulated somewhat.

Advertisement